Reviews for Dead Man's Switch
Severen chapter 5 . 11/24/2014
Good stuff. It's not action packed, filled with wit, or even that much humor. It's straight up drama and I like that. It's rare to see something like this on the site. I'm glad I found this. It's well written and the characters well realized. It's going into my favorites for sure.
Animus of Masada chapter 5 . 3/6/2011
Great stuff and really well written.
EruDaughter chapter 5 . 10/18/2010
This was beautiful. Your stores are well crafted and really make you think about the implications of game choices and how Shepard might respond.

I really hope you break your own rules and write again!
Rinslet chapter 5 . 4/19/2010
I can totally see something like this happening if Bioware ever decides to dive into Shepard's past (if the player chooses Sole Survivor). Loved it!
aadarshinah chapter 5 . 3/15/2010
very, very, very nice
mantinemaniac chapter 5 . 10/27/2009
This is wonderfully written, just like your other fic! You really did a great job with Shepard's emotions and her backstory.
Selkit chapter 5 . 10/27/2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I think it deserves more reviews than it has. You did a great job of fleshing out Shepard's background and her emotions, both of which served to make her seem like a real person. I also loved all the little details you packed into the story, like the purple grass and the tea from China. The bit with Kaidan at the end was also a nice touch, the perfect way to end. Great work!
MasterWaffle chapter 5 . 10/27/2009
That was sweet. Very sweet. I got a little teary. You did a wonderful job. :)
Vshard chapter 5 . 10/27/2009
First - the more review-y part - you had some trouble with words missing end letters like 's's here and there and some sentences that didn't seem to make sense like they were (as far as I read it anyway) 'don't think you've never held' etc. There's one other small point that bugs me... whether or not guns are common to colonists, but anyway...

That out of the way, you have a beautiful way of tying things up together - the baby, the purple grass, the full Mindoir circle. It was nice... and the ending... left me absolutely breathlessly anxious to gobble up every word. Nicely done. :)
fortunesque chapter 5 . 10/27/2009
The ending to this is so happy. I was worried that it'd be all sad and whatnot. Leave it to Kaidan to be sweet, kind, caring, and reserved all at the same time :P

So, now whatcha' gonna do? Write more stuff? You know you want to :D
fortunesque chapter 4 . 10/25/2009
Oh! I wanted to know if Sheppy was going to make it or not! But from what it looks like, she's probably maybe not going to live, and I am :(

Maybe they're knocking out grenades? I must know what happens :(
faelyn leaf chapter 3 . 10/22/2009
Well damn. At first I thought the terrorists were indocterinated, but this is much, much worse.

I really love how well developed all your original characters are - and colonists not liking Shepard? Ingenious. I'd never thought about it, but it makes a lot of sense. I also love the interplay between Shepard and Richard. The way you built up their relationship, and the reason why it failed.

I really hope she can have some semblance of a relationship with Kaidan. She really needs some sort of connection.
Vshard chapter 3 . 10/21/2009
I believe you deserve more credit than you're getting for this. You have a beautiful narrative style, which feels odd to say when I'm referring to the description of so much carnage... but you do a good job of making it real. I would say movie-like, but you don't sensationalize and I really appreciate that about your work. It's more like watching a very strange version of someone's life than watching a movie.

Loved how much you covered without really going into the details - the Hackett/blind eye deal for ecample. Also loved the line about Kaidan/Shep and their methods for leaving things unsaid. It felt profound.

Ah, I could go on, but I'll reserve the rest for later chapters. Cheers.
Shortchannel4 chapter 2 . 10/8/2009
cool story
fortunesque chapter 2 . 9/28/2009
I love this idea. Maybe somehow by saving Mindoir this time around, Shepard can feel some form of closure... but I have the feeling that may not happen. I like that you address what the game hinted at; I remember her saying something to Kaidan like, "my parents died in the raid on Mindoir, but I've moved past that." The way it was said, though, gives me considerable pause. Anyway, it's very interesting to see you make Shepard have to face her past head-on.