Reviews for Slouching Towards Bethlehem
harper83 chapter 14 . 10/10/2010
Love it, of course! This is a fantastic story! Can't wait for more
AmandaFriend chapter 13 . 8/11/2010
I found this story months ago and I was impressed with its depth and sensitivity. I have it bookmarked and go back to re-read parts of it occasionally because I think about some of the ways in which you've said something or the direction that you take the characters.

I like how Brennan is portrayed here. She is not some sniveling moron socially, but someone who sees the world slightly differently than others and in doing so, sometimes has greater insights than she is given credit for. I like the hesitation that she has in this chapter, 13, because she is socially out of her depth, but still willing to do the compassionate thing. She has a streak of kindness that, when coupled with the innate honesty, can be at war with each other, but you show her to be thoughtful and just slightly removed enough to give her perspective.

Parker and Booth come across as one would expect, at odds with the horrible thing happening to Rebecca and at odds with each other because of their reactions.

I hope to see more of this story in the future.
aplacecalled chapter 13 . 8/8/2010
I was so excited to see you'd updated this! And this was another great chapter. I love the realism and depth you've given to everybody. Please keep updating, however sporadically :)
bkworm52 chapter 13 . 8/4/2010
I'm so happy to see this story again. I kept hoping it would come back again one day!

The chapter was great - you captured Bones' awkwardness in emotional situations, but also showed growth as well. Her Thanksgiving speech was quite humorous and touching at the same time.

Hope I don't have to wait long to read the next chapter!
JonasBROgirl8816 chapter 13 . 8/4/2010
update soon!
Alicat76 chapter 13 . 8/4/2010
Wow, that was one absolutely amazing chapter! Very heart-crushing but so realistic that it actually hurts reading it. I personally think that Brennan said exactly the right thing to Rebecca...

'"I … can't replace you. At all. But I will always love and protect Parker, Rebecca, no matter what happens to you, to me, to Seeley. You have my word."'

as far as I'm concerned that is all any mother would want to hear. Rebecca knows no one will ever replace her in Parker's life but to hear Brennan say she will always love and protect her son is surely exactly what she needs.

I do really feel for Brennan throughout the whole chapter. Anyone would find this situation hard, knowing who to please and how to please them. But for her it must be 10 times more difficult. I think she is coping remarkably well and her little chat with Parker in his bedroom before the Thanksgiving dinner was perfect. She loves them all so much and I'm sure her love for them will carry her through.

I'm so glad you're back writing this! It's a brilliant story :) x
MadeOfStars chapter 13 . 8/4/2010
I still love this heart-breaking story. It was excellent and gut-wrenching as usual and I do hope you will continue it. You write tehse painful emotions so well and bring character development to a beautiful level each time. I look forward to more!
petuniatc chapter 13 . 8/4/2010
Yes, I was so happy to see your update! Thank you!

When Rebecca first appeared on Bones I found her very irritating and off-putting. But she's grown on me (sort of). Now I see that her past - both alone and with Booth - are what made her that way. And Booth isn't always easy to be around, plus her sisters could make anyone crazy. So this works for me.

Also Bones has grown - a lot - but in some ways she's still clueless. Often with males at her IQ level they're shown as endearingly excentric but women of her IQ level come off as somehow defective - as women, wives, mothers, etc. Bones is trying to do the right thing for everyone and Booth and Rebecca can see that.
ferny09 chapter 13 . 8/4/2010
still enjoying it
harper83 chapter 13 . 8/3/2010
I just happened to watch the Angel episode "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" and thought of this story, and then came and checked this site and Boom! Update! I can't say I completely agree with many of your feelings on the show and its direction (though certain things for this season are making me feel like I might not watch either...), but I am very glad to see you keep going with this story. I think it's really just a phenomenal and I can't wait to continue to see where you go with it...no matter the wait in between updates.
Hotforteacher3 chapter 13 . 8/3/2010
I really enjoy this story. Nobody else on this site has tried to do something like this story. Thank you!
aadams00 chapter 13 . 8/3/2010
Wow! Your Temperance is such a wonderful, giving, strong and beautiful wife/mother/stepmother/friend! Glad to see another chapter of this story. Looking forward to more!
aracely6 chapter 13 . 8/3/2010
Great chapter pls update soon
Amilyn chapter 13 . 8/3/2010
This is a gorgeous chapter. And Brennan, oh, Brennan, feeling, as always like she's doing it all wrong, like she's not good enough... I love that Rebecca is so direct, admits that she didn't understand what Booth saw in Brennan, but sees that, as awkward as Brennan is in her expression of it, that she CARES, and I love that Brennan is trying SO hard, is trying to say how much she loves Parker, how much she'll care for him and do all that she can, because she WILL do well. You've written this very well, I think, and I'm looking forward to more.
Mis Chi Evous chapter 13 . 8/3/2010
I was so excited to read this chapter, and you definitely didn't disappoint. What's going on is so sad, but so true-to-life. I hope to read more of this wonderful story soon!
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »