Reviews for Slouching Towards Bethlehem
stephaniew chapter 13 . 8/3/2010
Holy cow! I thought for sure this story had gone by the wayside! so glad you're back though. Excellent chapter!
Alicat76 chapter 12 . 5/29/2010
Just caught up with this story. You're a very talented writer... this is amazing! Every single chapter has captivated me and it's so true to life that every emotion feels totally real. I hope you continue with it. I really want to see how they all cope with all of this :(
Hannah J Granger chapter 12 . 4/25/2010
Hello!

So first off, I justed wanted to say that I absolutely adore your story. It is probably one of the most heartfelt, realistic and beautiful Bones fanfictions that I have read. I am not one to become easily moved by stories; and yours has had, at several points, completely in tears.

Part of what I absolutely love about this story is the fact that 'happily ever after' for Bones and Booth is not some care-free, 100% easy, non-stop hot sex-a-thon. I mean that's totally not realistic, and not what we love about them, and what we love about them being together. Just like what Booth said in the 100th episode; he wants to be with someone who will love him 30, 40, even 50 years later. That kind of love is what I beleive they have, but it's not something that you don't have to work at- an essence that I think you have captured very well. So many stories (even though excellently planned and executed) I think fall into the trap of having the perfect ending (In my opinion a product of the relentless will-they-wont-they drama on the show- something I thinnk we're all sick of) instead of looking at what life would really be like for this dynamic duo. Just look at who they are; they are the type of couple that is definetly going to have their rock-the-foundations fights. They'd also be the type that would get frustruated with the boredom of falling into a routine; they're used to the life of chasing bad guys after all!

Secondly I love your characterizations- I honestly think that you write these characters just as well as any of the writers on the show (and I would say more so, seeing as you have the presence of mind to get them together!)

I really hope to see more of this story soon, because it is simply addicting; I started reading this as a break while I was studying for one of my finals. A break quickly turned into a massive procrastination session; metaphorically speaking I could not put this story down!

Normally I like to give some sort of constructive criticism, but I can honestly say that there is nothing that I would want you to change or improve upon. I think though, what I love best about your writing, is the general feeling, the atmosphere of the story; it's just so real and emotionally charged that is simply amazing.

Thank you for writing such an amazing story!

xxoo

Hannah
harper83 chapter 12 . 4/19/2010
I was so excited to see an update on this story! It's really fantastic. Another awesome chapter. I really like how you've handled Rebecca's character in the story. Nicely done! Can't wait for more. :)
stephaniew chapter 12 . 4/19/2010
Just found this story today and I'm glad I did! Everyone's been in character and the pacing is excellent. I'm looking forward to reading more!
aracely6 chapter 12 . 4/19/2010
great chapter please update soon
NatesMama chapter 12 . 4/19/2010
Oh God, poor Rebecca. I can't even imagine. Poor everyone.
MadeOfStars chapter 12 . 4/19/2010
I am still amazed by this story. It is still intense and accurate in how it shows emotions for this type of situation and feel accurate for these characters. I thought you did a great job of showing the unspoken between them. I can see Brent turning to online support groups because he can't take his grief or fears to her, not really.

I liked the comments on the other women in treatment. The comments on the psychiatrist made me think of soemthing I read today about Dr. Wayne Dyer (motivational speaker, find your best life kinda guy). He was asked about his cancer and said that he does not like to call it cancer. He focuses on the fact that people are "infinite spiritual beings having a temporary human existance". Interesting approach and one I am not sure I could pull off. Anyway, great job and pelase do continue!
Anonymous chapter 11 . 4/2/2010
Great story; cannot wait until the next chapter!
Erica chapter 11 . 3/12/2010
I just started reading this story recently, and I absolutely love it! I think you do a great job with keeping them all in character (or how I think they would be a few years down the road) especially Brennan. I can't wait to read the next chapter. I don't know what I'm gonna do know having to wait, I had 11 chapters of uninterupted reading, lol.
Llamalah chapter 11 . 3/10/2010
I stayed up till 2am reading this. :-)

Angsty and loving and beautifully done.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Can't wait for the next chapters.
jesseg1 chapter 11 . 3/9/2010
I really enjoy this story. In so many of the stories here, where Booth and Brennan are married with kid(s) - they're not the same characters, whatsoever. But, here, you've kept them in character and it's impressive.

Thanks for sharing! More soon and fast!
Sheytune chapter 11 . 3/9/2010
Aw. It's nice that they had this day of family & friends in the midst of all they're dealing with.
aracely6 chapter 11 . 3/9/2010
great chapter please update soon
NatesMama chapter 11 . 3/9/2010
Another lovely chapter. Great job.
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »