Reviews for What Friends Are For
FelixMarome chapter 10 . 8/21
This fic is a Classic, Spent almost a year looking for it. Definitely worth the effort.
FelixMarome chapter 5 . 8/21
T_T
Nika chapter 9 . 8/10
Me encanto tu fanfic, siempre he querido leer una historia parecida, con spock inseguro e inocente de su atractivo. Y un jim celoso por tener un rival. Lo súper adore te felicito.
I really liked this! It was nice to see Spock as the insecure one for once. I'm glad that Stevens got what was coming to him, and thank you for making up an OC instead of demonising a canon character as so many people do.
Ommallaredpanda chapter 4 . 3/5
This is a bit gory and does have mention of rape and almost-rape, but no actual rape on-screen/in-writing. There is no smut, but I went overboard with the gore. Sorry that it's terrible!
My version of how the story continues:

Jim's eyes widened in shock before starting to stutter out an apology. He then all but ran from the room, leaving two rather startled men. One horrified, the other relieved.
Kirk paused in the hallway, heart shattering into an uncountable number of shards. He then walked to his quarters and sat on his bed, head in his hands as he cried for his lost love.
Spock blinked at the Captain, hoping for him to see the situation as it was, not as it seemed. But the Captain did not. He ran from the room, face bright with embarrassment.
Stevens laughed, his hand curling in the Vulcan's mussed hair. "I'm going to enjoy this, my sweet, helpless pet..."
Spock simply continued working on the zipper, forcing the memories away. He forced his heart to slow and had to momentarily stop to halt his muscles from freezing.
1,609 times. 1,609 times this (or a variation of it) had been forced upon him. For a Terran, this number was ridiculous, but Vulcans lived for 200 years. And yet, even for them, the number was rather obscene.
But Spock would not think about that. Kirk had ordered him to make the inspector's visit a pleasing one. He would do as his Captain commanded.
So he freed Jake's engorged penis and felt the hand on the back of his head shove forwards, forcing his head towards Stevens' member.
And then the memories rattled in their box, like they always did. The mental chains held strong, and Spock becames all too aware of the... Flesh between his sharp, pointed teeth.
No, he would not be treated like this. He would not allow it.
He would not have to come back after this filthy act to do what he wished.
No, he would commit his crime there and then, so he would not have to have the last crime, for he would be commiting the first.
Spock's teeth slammed closed and a peircing shriek resounded in the sound proofed room.
"Fucking hell! What did you do that for, you-" Stevens was cut off as his own penis was spat at him, blood flowing freely from the end.
He screamed again as the rapidly shrinking hunk of meat hit him and flopped into his lap. The stains would never come out.
But Spock wasn't finished. People who did this to him got as good as they gave. Possibly even better.
So he walked to the door and locked it, hacking into that system so that even the Medical Override would be useless.
He then started a ship wide broadcast from his room. He made certain to keep the location of the broadcast anonymous.
Stevens sat on the edge of Spock's bed, blood staining the sheets. His hands were held over the mess of flesh that had been his sexual organs, the bite mark visible to anyone with the right knowledge. He whimpered pitifully as Spock aproched.
"Please, God... Don't hurt me, please... I'll do anything! Anything!" His cries fell on deaf ears. Tears flowed down Jake's face as he took in the sight of his would-be victim.
Spock had blood all over his face. His jaw was stained completely red whilst the rest of him had copius amounts of splatters. The liquid dripped from his jaw before landing on the blood soaked floor. The Vulcan's lips were peeled back in a snarl that exposed teeth that belonged to a ferocious predator.
And now, said predator was stalking up to him, seemingly unaware of the blood pooling on the floor. The menace shrouding the area around the Vulcan spoke of experience in making the most cold-blooded, stoic man whimper and plead for the mercy of death.
"Please..." It was useless, he knew.
"Tell them," The terrifying creature spoke, "Tell them what you tried to do..."
Stevens sniffled, unable to even cry properly for the exhaustion slipping through his veins.
"I... I tried to... To rape you..." His eyes were falling shut, at least he would not have to see his death...
"Who?"
"Mr... Spock..." He was so exhausted. Why couldn't he just sleep?
"1,609... I guess it's about to become 1,610," The voice sounded almost gleeful.
Then pain. Screaming and pain. He felt himself being pulled apart and scattered over the floor. He could feel hands worming inside of him and gripping his bones.
He was helpless as those hands chiseled away at his ribs, breaking off one small piece at a time.
He lost his hope as he looked down to see the stumps of his ribs and the gaping hole where his stomach and intestines should have been, only to find them draped over his arms and scattering the dark red floor.
He lost his dignity as he screamed at the slightest movement from his torturer, pleading for nothing more.
He lost himself as his eyeballs were taken out, one after the other, before a pressure within his shattered skull pressed into his frontal lobe, dug deeper, then twirled, flushing his conscious mind from reality.

The door opened.
"What the fuck...?" Bones trailed off at the sight of Spock looming over a tortured, dead man. A manical light in his eyes as he looked up.

"It won't happen again,
"Them taking whatever they wish,
"1,610.

"I am not a dish,
"To take from even more,
1,610."

His voice was light and musical.

"Should I not take,
"What is mine to be taken,"

His hands rose up, gripping his own head.

"Mine to be given,
"So I count the times things are done..."

His eyes searched our faces, dead and sad.

"None,"

His hands tightened.

"One."

SNAP

The End

Sorry that that was a little bit gory, but I needed to get the feels out!
If you read all that, thanks. And sorry if my disturbed writings offended or harmed you in any way.
Also, that's not how I want this story to end, I just got it in my head and it seemed like a good ending.
Also, that bit at the end with Spock speaking was him singing. I'm sorry that my song writing skills are terrible, but he ain't thinking straight, so you can allow me that, yeah?
Zosia Rose chapter 5 . 12/30/2016
Come on, Bones! Come into Spock's room right now while he's still having his breakdown. If you wait, you won't get anything out of him about anything. Go now before it an get any worse!
Love and well wishes,
Zosia Rose
Zosia Rose chapter 10 . 12/30/2016
I absolutely love this story. It definitely plays with both your head and your emotions. I am a bit confused though, if starships have security cameras, and TOS confirms that in they do in 'The Menagerie', why would Spock still have to go through everything. I mean, couldn't they just skip Spock's testimony and watch it played out on screen? Sorry about my rant, I've just never solved that little conundrum. Thanks so much for posting this!
Love and well wishes,
Zosia Rose
Guest chapter 9 . 4/17/2016
This story is wonderfully written!
NikeScaret chapter 4 . 4/6/2016
Jake is gonna die... Well, if Jim doesn't do it, then I will do it from him.
Fyoex chapter 10 . 1/22/2016
Awesome
LouiseRogue chapter 10 . 11/14/2015
Kyaaaa love it
NymphettEcho chapter 10 . 9/12/2015
Awwwwwwww :3 i just . . . . Aaaaaawwwwww

Beautifully lovely ending! I truly enjoyed your depictions of all the characters, it was a smooth and pleasant read :D
NymphettEcho chapter 9 . 9/12/2015
Yay :) such sweetness

I do, however, wish Spock had testified. But I understand his reasoning, and even more, I understand the pain and shame felt when horrendous acts are committed against you and the desire to remain silent lest more people know. I did the same, though I still berate myself for it.

To the epilogue.
NymphettEcho chapter 8 . 9/12/2015
Blooooood! We demand blood vengeance! BLOOD!

Fantastic chapter!
NymphettEcho chapter 7 . 9/12/2015
Aaahhhhhh this is so nerve racking. Aaaahhhhhh! Come on, Jim! Find Spock!