Reviews for Transformers: Frontier
Major Mike Powell III chapter 11 . 9/30/2012
Well, well, soldier...

It took a full week to read this sucker. Thank you! May have another chapter soon?

Now, really, this fic is a really good idea, with great execution! Hell, how didn't I think of this before? Transforming sentient robots forever engaged in war transforming piloted fighters? Genius!

The attention to detail is really good, and every battle feels important and of course, every battle is freakin' kickass! :D Every Cybertronian is easily recognizable: Soundwave is cold, emotionless and a brilliant tactician. Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp are jerks. Which I love. LOL And Barricade is a cool mofo. Too bad Arcee took his friggin' head off. Ow! X_X

Optimus Prime is AW3SOME!, Ironhide is a badass mofo with an itchy trigger finger (and I really liked that moment between him and a dying Blackout) Ratchet is a good doc, Arcee is really cool and I hope I had seen more of her in "Revenge of the Fallen", and Jazz is...or was...absolutely hysterical. Xzibit jokes? Really? Spewing "Bitch"?

Too bad Blackout blew himself AND Jazz up. At least he didn't get ripped in half. Damn you, Megatron!

And the battle on Gallia 4? Wow. Astrotrain freakin' obliterated the place! o.O And he got obliterated in return. LOL You don't f-ck with the Zentradi, Decepticreep! XD

Now, I was hoping for Ranka, Alto and Sheryl to get some lovin', but hey, you can't have everything, I suppose. :C As to the Skull Squadron and the S.M.S teams, they are all absolute badasses! :D

So, I believe I'm really hooked into this story!

Great work so far! Keep it up!
Update ASAP! That's an order!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!
croxeye chapter 10 . 11/6/2011
A decent story, excellent writing, but you wanked out the transformers a tad much, plus minor nitpick, no Veritechs below the YF-24 have Inertial Store Converters. which means that, yes, Isamu was pulling all of those ridiculous stunts without any form of inertial dampening at all in Macross Plus. Honestly a moment I would love to see, borrowing from the movie 'Wings Of Goodbye', would be max and milia pulling a "big damn heroes" moment and absolutely owning any decepticon sent after them.

And I'm rambling again, back to the point.

Please continue this story as you have a solid characterization of all elements of this. I can excuse the slight wanking of transformers as you justify it in universe and the fact that these things won't stay advantages for too much longer.

Out of Curiosity which continuity of Transformers are you using?
Rabe Addler chapter 11 . 8/26/2011
Good chapter.

I'm wondering just what the TF Factions are making of the people of Frontier.

Did Cybertron ever encounter the Stellar republic that birthed the Zentradi and altered the development of Earth's people? Just what do they know about Earths history, what do they make of it?

I ask because it looks like both faction have been more then a bit taken back these "mere fleashlings".

Also what will NUNS HQ on Earth react when one of their fleets reports that two new alien factions have began open large scale warfare over control of Vajra?
SpartanCommander chapter 11 . 8/24/2011
You know judging by what normally happens when Human's research Cybertronian tech their is normally bad concequences that are unexpected. If anything the Humans may inadvertantly download the personality profiles of the fallen Decepticons into their systems and create a very very bad situation. That's my guess or something else would happen. When your dealing with Cybertronian tech it's so advenced it's hard not for something to go horribly wrong.

Also I do know that their numbers are numerically inferior for now. But once a Decepticon fleet arives that numerical advantage is going to likely be negated. From what I can tell their are likely multiple Autobot and Decepticon fleets and their numbers are likely huge.

Next I always wondered why they had that Grandmaster Yokion in the animated Transformers series ally with the Autobots when I read in the official hisotry on Cybertron that the Autobots outlawed the practice of Metallicako. Despite the ridget honor system Metalicako has for it's practitioners. Which would explain why most martial art's master no matter how noble sided with the Decepticons.

Also I know Circuit Sue is a seperate form of martial arts than metalikato. That allow's the one useing it to use the energy in their spark like a weapon. very effective in battle. Also I know Crystilocution is a martial arts that allow's the one useing it to find the structiral weaknesses of an opponent and cause those points to shatter.

Metalikato is a well rounded form of martial arts that combines parts of Crystilocution and Circuit sue. It's not full merge of both but uses concepts form both. It's not as powerful as either but it's more robust.

I also have a feeling that the Autobots relationship with the humans are going to be pretty shacky.

I do know one thing Decepticons don't normally put themselves into a corner they likely have some things up their sleeves and now without the element of supprise the Decepticons likely have some kind of plan. Likely to make a base. To bad the larger Decepticons didn't get through they could use them as temporary bases. Unless the Decepticons know a good place for a foundation. It's going to be hard under the water the Decepticons can likely easily lock down any region in the ocean when you think about it. It's the most unsecured area on any planet. few people live down there so the Decepticons can easily turn the majority of any ocean into a secured zone.
SpartanCommander chapter 10 . 7/12/2011
A good chapter.

I just wonder what's going to happen with Thundercracker and that one pilot? It would be interesting fit they merged a bit but I'm not sure if that would happen.

It looks like the Deceptions are going to make it. Once their under water it's going to be hard to track them down. Especially since they likely will constrict bases at the most extream depths and even factories. Those oceans are likely going to be the Decepticon's foot holds and it would be easier for their reinforcements to arrive since all the reinforcements need to do is slam into the ocean since under water mech's and such are not humanities strong suit. They likely never thought they would have full battles under water in suits since they likely planned the invasions to be in space.

On another note about the 3rd movie it made me feel a little discouraged it was good mind you but it didn't make sence that in 3 years the Decepticons didn't repair Megatron's head I mean they repaired more severe damage in a much faster time that that. Not to mention they down played Starscream, Shockwave, and Megatron so much it didn't seem like a very worthy end for such major players. I mean they were more like side characters. The way it ended just seemed to easy for megatron to have died. Sorry just had to say that to someone.

But anyway a good story.
Rabe Addler chapter 10 . 7/9/2011
The calls of transformer wank are completely justified, the ham fisted neutering of Frontier military and technical acumen is laughable at best and completely at odds to everything Macross humanity has done since the Zentradi tried to wipe mankind form existence at the end space war 1 at worst.

I can only conclude you don't understand the source material well enough to construct a story without completely disrespecting both sources.

Try using Cybertronians as something other then the master race.
drinker chapter 9 . 6/9/2011
I"m sorry to say, but you seriously wank out these transformers. I refuse believe how they seems to go around destroying VF left and right, not to mention drones without contest. I'm pretty sure a ghost would had been more than a contest for most transformers.
SpartanCommander chapter 9 . 6/7/2011
Good chapter. I will say that I'm not sure that Starscream would have forced Soundwave's hand. Even he would know about buying time but then again he's known to be unpredictable.

I do know one thing dispite being out numbered The Decepticons have more forces there than the Humans are likely aware of. When they start their strikes it's going to be pretty devestating and supprising.

Also one thing about the fight. I have on thing you may want to look up the Great Turkey shoot in World war II. It show's how much experiance can do with air combat. I dought the Decepticons would loose much troops from the Macross forces at first since they don't know what their up against but I would expect serious casualties on the Macross groups. i've noticed that they tend to loose alot of ships against Zentrati and the Decepticon's are better armored shielded, armed, and experienced. I would have expected more casualties. It may go that way against 4 fighters but an entire Decepticon combat wing? They are going to loose a lot of ships.

I also know that the Decepticon forces are likely going to do what they can to weaken the Human military strength and Autobot forces...but the Decepticons on the planet are likely not going to do any strong pushes with their forces mostly raids until they establish some kind of base and start making drones and/or until other Decepticon reinforcements arrive.

I know the Decepticons are going to have to do something to get Tidal Wave out of the Asteroid belt an on planet then hid him.

I know one good plan is to blind the UN Spacie's deep space scanners and other sensors. Maybe upload a virus into some systems.

Maybe they could help Tital wave and find way to disable the macross cannon's.

Thank's for the interesting chapter.

I know all heck is going to break loose soon.
GeshronTyler chapter 9 . 6/6/2011
Boo. Hiss. Decepticons should be melted down, sent into the nearest supergiant star about to become a nova, so that their elements may be distributed into the cosmos, and perhaps contribute to better things.

It's been awhile, thanks for the update. I think the simpler version of transformation descriptions is better- detailed transformation sequences don't come across very well in text, in my opinion. Irony here is, I'd guess the Frontier pilots would have to generally cyborgize like Galaxy pilots (and fly the VF-27) in order to have a decent chance against Decepticons, though that probably opens them up to electronic warfare on a personal scale.

I wish you hadn't sent off all the Insecticons/Vajra, because I think it would have been a cool moment for the Decepticons to boggle at Vajra helping to defend the humans. Oh well, maybe they'll come back? Or Ai (and any Vajra possibly left behind) will form a new hive, with Ranka as queen?

No problem Soundwave, I'm sure humanity will be willing and eager to send you on your way to the Matrix. Good ridance.

Thanks, read you next time.
Penny Smiles chapter 8 . 4/18/2011
SpartanCommander chapter 8 . 4/3/2011
Dirge is going to be in so much trouble.

One thing Starscream really wouldn't tolerate would be the kind of stunt Dirge just pulled.

Even though technically Dirge just framed the Nun's launching an attack against both Autobots and Decepticons. Even though it's likely purely unintentional. It's very likely that the Nun's will treat it that someone went rouge or someone is conspiring to start a war between the nuns and the new arrivals.

Especially since the munition seller guys helped fuel the previous war the nuns are likely going to suspect something similar. Prime will likely consider it could be a Decepticon communications error that called in an air strike or an actual Nun attack. The situation is going to be toruble.

The best way to save face is for Soundwave to act ignorant and even try to help in get injured comrads clear. Or if he wants to make is show that he was really treating the negotiations seriously then rescue some of the Autobots from the collapsed structure. Soundwave is likely undecided at what the negotiations can acomplish but at least he can save face and likely throw suspision off his own forces by helping recover the Autobots and Decepticons in the collapsed structure.

Dispite everything the Autobots and Decepticons have a type of honor they keep. If Soundwave rescures or helps rescue some of Prime's Autobots dispite being injured then Prime would be compelled to give Soundwave's more of a benefit of a dought. It's dirty but politics are as well. Give Dirge a hard time later.

I have a feeling Starscream or Shockwave will show up next with forces If it's Starscream he's likely going to have Skywarp and thundercracker and likely a few Decepticon carriers, if it's Shockwave likely he would bring the Constructicons and other forces with him like some Battle cruisers. Also did you see War for Cybertron that was great.

But likely a fire fight may break out and both sides are likely to go underground for a bit. Especially since it look's like Nuns did it. and now it seems to the human side that they just caused both sides to not trust the Nuns now and that the two factions are acting defensivly.
H-PockySticks chapter 8 . 4/2/2011
Thanks for the update, good chapter, can't wait to read what happens next.
count-lurkula chapter 7 . 8/21/2010
...both Orks and The Race making indirect cameos in a Macross/Transformers fic? By the Golden Throne, please tell me they'll be making full appearances eventually!

I am kind of surprised that the Autobots' and Decepticons' backstories in this chapter don't include the Supervision Army or the Zentradi, though.
angelswings217 chapter 2 . 5/24/2010
This is a really good story; you have real talent. Keep it up!
Evil Midnight Lurker chapter 7 . 5/10/2010
Rabotev system? Man, the Race are going to be completely out of their minds with sheer cognitive dissonance. There just can't BE a superior starfaring species, it's not physically possible, the Emperors Past wouldn't allow such blasphemy!

And I really like this take on the Cybertronians - in some venues the idea that the 'Cons might not be totally in the wrong is a heresy, but in the Macrossverse it's practically a law of physics that all wars are founded on solvable misunderstandings. :)

Good job, eagerly awaiting the next chapter.