Reviews for Winter
Izikael chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Aldo is such a sweetie :3
Lux Hart chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
This was awesome. I also loved the dynamic between Aldo and Hugo, but it's difficult to find good quality (or any quality, for that matter) fics starring the two of them. I absolutely adored the Tarantino-esque time/place title you provided first up - sucked me into Inglorious Basterds mode. The description you provided of Hugo as seen through the eyes of the other Basterds I saw as being spot on and detailed without pulling us out of the story pace.

I do have my little nitpicks, which I offer with the comment I loved the story regardless :). Some of your comma placement was a bit off, forcing me to read some sentences two or three times over. I also noticed, maybe due to the same reason, your sentences lacked some variety and - in places - grew a tad monotonous. Some tense issues were also seen (“...none of them [WERE] particularly religious...”), (“...predator who [SMELT] blood.”), etc. And a bit too much telling rather than showing for my liking, which slowed down the pace.

One thing that also bugged me was the way Aldo referred to Hugo. I’m thinking (maybe overthinking) Aldo would not think to himself that Hugo is a German (“...walked over to the resting German.”, “’ No need to play the tough Aryan...’”). I feel as though he would think of him as “the basterd” or “the solider” or something more neutral and inclusive. He sure was forward too, wasn't he? Getting under that blanket, haha.

Probably my favourite thing about this fic was how well you got into Hugo's head. His dialogue, (“...‘I'm not cold,’...), (“‘I'm bad at taking orders.’), was something I could hear him say. I'm giving this a favourite - it's a wonderful piece of fanfic.
valleyofash chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
This is perfect. Brilliant job :)
SilverAndSilence chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
:D :D :D! This makes me so happy! And although some smut would be great, I really love this gentle and uber cute moment. Yay!
hatchling chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
How can a cuddle scene with Aldo Raine and Hugo Stiglitz be believable? Like this. It was well written and you described the scene so well... I'm a little speechless, really. Good job. Thanks.

-Norrie
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
This was so great! I loved Hugo's character in the movie and you've captured him very well in this fic. As well as Aldo's! I would love to see more of this pairing from you. Keep up the great work!
Corporate Voyeur chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Aw. I went through one night and read all of your Basterds fics. I'm going back and reviewing now. I love how you keep everyone in character and don't pose any situations that are too improbable. Keep it up!
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
What a nice surprise!

I must admit that first, I wasn't so excited about Inglourious Basterds fanfictions, cause, you know, the movie being so special and peculiar... but well. You do have a way with words.

So I do hope you'll write more XD.

Am I not an annoying reviewer? :p

Nuitari Aquarius
HellzCrusader chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
nice. hugo was my fav character in the movie, i was mad he died, but happy that he went out stabbing a nazi in the face. i think that would be the way he'd have wanted to go.
lyssaloulou chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
GAH! I love it! I absolutely absolutely absolutely LOVE IT! Okay, here's a real review. You're writing is very good, fantastic even. I'm so happy you're on of those people who separate their paragraphs. Thank you for that. Second of all, the plot is lovely. I mean, it's perfect how you touch on the whole "two guys cuddling" thing, yet then make it totally rational what with the cold and all. I also love how you really explored the very quiet, and awesome, Hugo Stiglitz. I've seen the movie three times (hopefully more on the way), and he's such an... Underwritten character! I love him. Almost as much as I love Lieutenant Aldo Raine! Not going to lie, I think I'm in love with a fictional character! Anywho, enough about me. You're story rocked my socks. I look forward to MORE stories from you! Thanks for this wonderful piece of artwork!
lunatone-13 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
more please! I really like this chapter :D

it was a great start!
poopypeepee chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
This was awesome. I totally felt the tension between them in the movie as well.

Well done!
Fadingsummer chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Wow. It was supposed to happen, and everybody knows it. 3

I loved Hugo's character, he was SO angry and still so calm... It's very in-character, both of them are! Well done
The Lilac Pilgrim chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Damn you. I wanted to hate it. I really wanted to hate this story because it was fluffy Basterd pairing. Damn you. I like it. It's actually very well-written and thank goodness you have the awkward reluctance of the two but also Aldo's arrogant self-assuredness. It's actually a good story. I freakin' hate you XD
WhispersInTheShawdows chapter 1 . 9/2/2009