Reviews for Before My Eyes
fanficchica123 chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
u know exactly what i love dontcha? aw3esome work and i love the story like always!
redqueen74 chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
this is the first power ranger story i've read and i really liked it. will be reading more of your stories.
PurpleRanger101 chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
aw, I loved that! It was so cute and I always wanted them to end up together! You have a great way with words and I'm definitely heading over to check out some more of your stories!

michelle
slytherensangel26 chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
man was that ever hott!

great story!
project314 chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
So, tonight I wound up on the piano, and I ended up with the sheet music for Skin(Sarabeth) in front of me. Started playing and then I remembered that I'd read this last week while I was in the States on vacation with a really lame wi-fi connection. So, I wasn't able to send a response then and it kinda skipped my mind after. Yes, yes, bad David, I know.

I can't really quote anything because everything here is quotable. All these things that Syd yearns for, it all seems so silly in a way, yet so important at the same time. The little gestures that many people take for granted while others just want to experience those feelings. I don't know, possibly rambling, but for me it hit a chord. Not necessarily the chord I needed hit during vacation under the sun (by the frigid beach), but it hit a chord. And I've probably written it before when reviewing Skin, but I love a story that can impact on me emotionally. And this one delivered plenty of emotion.

Moving along, one thing struck me, and that was the storm outside. It was so fitting considering the intensity of the story and of the emotions. The turmoil, the rage, the passion. At first, I was a bit thrown off by how steamy things seemed to get by the end, when I thought of how differently you start off Syd/Sky over in Skin. But taking a step back, I saw that there was no other way that first encounter here could have gone. The intensity, the passion, the emotion, the desire, it all works. Just like the storm, it's a bit savage and untamed.

Character-wise, I'm not used to seeing this non-bubbly side of Syd. It's not something we expect her to have and it's not a side we want to see. But the way you write it, it's believable and we can't be indifferent to her plight, to her vulnerability. As for Sky, seeing the more human side of him is a bit of a surprise, but it's a very welcome one. The whole 'comfort' aspect to the story was really sweet.

The plot itself. I enjoyed the progression, between the moment when Sky found Syd alone, starting off quiet, getting her to open up, she gets angry, sparks go off, passion, then the really lame timing of that robbery and the setup for their first date. Nothing felt rushed and everything just seemed to flow naturally.

It was a great oneshot, amazingly written. Thanks so much for letting us experience that. )

David
TrueRomantic chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
AW! That was so sweet! I would love to see a follow up to this, but it's fantastic on it's own.

Kim
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Nice. I always thought that they had good chemistry together. Catch ya on the flip side.
Enigmaforum chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
So I personally think that this is one of the best pieces I've ever read from you. It's got a certain personal touch and connection to it that just makes it a great read. You should be proud for voicing emotions that so many of us have felt at one time or another. These emotions that Syd is feeling are completely relatable to any person out there and I think you did a wonderful job with capturing the essence of them. You made us hurt for Syd, with her, and in the end, you made us happy for her because of what she and Sky could possibly have.

Bravo my dear. I loved it. :D