Reviews for Forever Changed
Guest chapter 29 . 11/4/2016
This is kind of long :)

The bad:
I wish that a few more loose ends would've been tied up. Like I kept waiting from the very start to see them have the conversation where she would ask him why he loves her now and not then. Why should she trust him now and what makes things different. For example, if he's going to do things for four long years like totally ignore her when she visits and have no problem screwing chicks while she's there with Jamie, then what's the change now that he notices her?

I think you tried to touch on that but alluding to things like dan controlling him and that he always felt something special with her but didn't think about it. But first, dan can't be his scapegoat forever and secondly, I just wanted him to make clear to her in a conversation that he thinks he always loved her but had too many road blocks and felt he had to block it out or something. She just deserved to know why now and not then.

Im wondering why we never heard anything about the press or fans finding out about his new family or retirement. If he's as big of a star as you wrote him to be, there would be some of that to deal with. Not the focus of the story but sprinkled in for accuracy. I would've liked to see Clay still in his life, or what happened to Rachel when she found out about them just to know that she got what was coming to her.

So many little things that we didn't get to see. I was so immersed and invested in the development of the naley relationship that I felt like I just wanted to skip over all the stuff about brucas and Julian with Solaris. I don't mind other side Stories, but this one was already somewhat short that I felt it was just time taken away from the core story.

I wish they would've found a way to allow Nathan to still have a career of some kind. It's great that he's making sacrifices and learning to be a family. He definitely needed a break for awhile. But they wouldn't last long in the real world if he didn't have something to still make him feel worth while. Even in the show during season 8, this is touched on when he says he needs to be great at something again. I.e find another dream. Not just settle for coaching high school. On the show, he became an agent and embarked on something new and interesting. I would like to see him do that at least.

The good:
I liked seeing a totally different characterization of Nathan in this story from your others. It was new and refreshing, even if I didn't like him all the time. It really displayed your creativity and versatility of writing skills.
I loved your Haley characterization as well. She was the perfect balance of sweet and tough, in love but independent. I just thought she was really well evened out and had no complaints about either one of them. You really showed how human people can have both strengths and weaknesses and still have readers root for them.

I liked the Lucas and Nathan relationship. So few fics write them as close actual brothers and this was always one of my favorite things to see on the show. Nathan was far from perfect, but I liked seeing him have Lucas in his corner.

In general, your actual writing and articulation of feelings and thoughts is amazing. When reading inner monologues, so many times I could imagine that being voice over in a movie. I could picture exactly what was happening and even facial expressions so clearly and natural just through the writing.

Conclusion:

Overall, it was really good. I'm definitely adding it to my list of those I could read multiple times and still enjoy it. Your stories are a gift to the fandom, so thank you for taking the time to write great ones and complete them! Awesome job.
Guest chapter 20 . 11/3/2016
I think that no matter what Nathan has done (and believe me, I know he's been awful) it was still wrong on so many levels for both Haley and Lucas to invite deb there to meet Jamie when they haven't so much as even told Nathan that Lucas has been talking to her. Lucas had chances to tell him first and they owed him that. Instead of waiting for the first chance that he was out for a day to bring her there with no intentions still of telling him, they owed him more and he had every right to be mad.

I'm also not loving how Haley has slapped him senseless multiple times in a handful of chapters. It's excusable maybe once out of rage or confusion. But like 3 times now? Why does it have to go there every time to make her point?

I'm really enjoying the story and find myself getting easily lost in the writing. I can't wait to continue on. But I'm a little concerned that the drama is getting a bit thick without growth coming from it. I'm worried there aren't enough chapters left to make right and explain their situation, unless it's rushed. But! I still trust your writing and I'm holding on to the fact that your stories haven't steered me wrong yet.. back to reading :)
Guest chapter 9 . 11/2/2016
So far in this story Nathan is the douche to end all douche bags. Sometimes I'm literally seething at how assy he is. Yet, in some sick way I like it and it's extremely amusing. It's so different from anything else of yours that I've read and I'm loving the new characterization. It's just a nice change of pace. The only thing is, of course, I hope to see him turn this around. Not just slightly but some serious personality rehabilitation.. can't wait to read more!
23naley12scott chapter 29 . 6/4/2016
Do good thx!
Naleyfan416 chapter 29 . 8/27/2013
Loved this story!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
one of my favorite stories! I watching the trailer for playing for keeps and I think they stole your concept of the story.
cmtaylor531 chapter 29 . 9/22/2012
I loved this Naley story
xxIn.the.darkxx chapter 29 . 8/21/2012
Loves the Brucas3
Kwinchester001 chapter 29 . 3/15/2012
This is such a great story! One of the best I've ever read. :)
alwaysandforever08 chapter 29 . 1/7/2012
This was such a great story. You wrote the characters' emotions so well, and it was almost like I could feel what they were going through. Watching Nathan's and Haley's relationship change was so awesome. Nathan grew so much in a short period of time, and I'm glad he finally understood what he was missing. Amazing job, I loved it!
Em chapter 29 . 12/20/2011
Amazing story no other words for it :)..I stumbled upon this fic a few days ago and realised I have read some of your other storied before and remember what an incredible writer you are :D..I love how you protrayed the change in Nathan and his character description throughout was so detailed.,really liked the Julian and Haley friendship too surprsingly worke so well your so talented can't wait to eaxplore more of your stuff :D
Godschildtweety chapter 29 . 8/23/2011
great story
dkfuryan chapter 29 . 8/21/2011
beautiful. Really beautifully written, the characters are excellent. I love how you add fan favorite lines into the story. Thank you for sharing this
kagje94 chapter 7 . 7/15/2011
At this point i'm just feeling so bad for Nathan. I can grasp his frustration so well.. He's arts ps. To try and try and just end up feelin like THE worlds against you and you're thr mist terrile person. I feel for him so much...
duchessduchie chapter 29 . 7/1/2011
I just got done readin this and it is amazing! You did such a great job with everything in this. I really enjoyed reading this.