Reviews for Set the Record On
Aka Wouka chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE

That is all I have to say.
maramouse chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Ohh, this made me tear up. You are a very gifted writer. I love the parallel between mother and daughter. Even though we don't see very much about Rory and her fiancee together, I feel like I understood why she made the decision...albeit wrong decision...to marry him. Ending was great, too.
Iscah McKrae chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Wow.

Beautifully crafted to mirror Red Light on the Wedding Night perfectly, just slanted to be truly Rory. Awesome.

Favorite line: "She remembered very well the bitter sting to his words when he informed her that Luke had told him about her impending nuptials. That particular infliction, she knew, had always masked a deep set sort of pain."
Kapsule corp chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Loved it. This is my second time through and I really did enjoy it more than the first so you must be doing something right.

First off I like this style of story telling. It's sinple and to the point, but not in a way that tells us exactly word for word what's going on. I really enjoyed the insight into Rory's head. How she noticed the pots and pans and knew her mom was being taken care of, how she sees herself married in the dress but can't see the grooms face, etc. You got into her head well.

I liked the little subtle things too. You didn't obsessively focus on Rory's fear of marrying, you made it the focus but by showing us the process. Like when she's showing off her dress to her mom and Lorelai(who you pulled off perfectly)being well Lorelai. (I can totally see her doing that too.) or how she lists all the reactions the people around her have to her man she's marrying. I also liked her telling Chris the same day she asked Luke to give her away.

Finally the ending was a good parelle to Lorelai calling off her engagement. It wasn't a carbon copy, by a rhyming circumstance. I liked that.

All in all great job. Favorited.

KaP
JavaGirl chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Great way to use the line again.
Andra-ggfan chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
I loved this story. I'd say more but I can't find a way to put it into words- the sad, yet hopeful feeling. I liked the jumping around and the line from Emily to Lorelai to Rory.

Very well written. Great job.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
I quite liked this. The style of it, the sort of sparseness to it - not giving the whole conversation they had, not telling us all about her fiance, etc. - was really great, it made me think and imagine, and the style just suited the story.
Abigail Lee chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Thanks so much for this. It was very well written.
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
good story
Natku chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
This was a welcome break from all of the normal stuff you like to write. You do realize that you are actually writing something that isn't fantasy? I kid.

But here, I love the parallels between Rory and Lorellai. Especially the road trip. Another favorite line had to be about the difference between a dad and a father.

Great work from you, as always.