Reviews for Red
Antigone Sycamore chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
I know you have written this a while, years, ago. And for years now, I keep coming back to this page every now and then to read it again. Each time I am amazed at how beautiful this story is.
skadoo chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Wow, so very well done. Thank you.
Runawaymetaphor chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Can't believe I'm reading this for the first time, given the number of times I've surfed your page over the last year. Perhaps it's better though, given I think I've only recently built up the strength to deal with the Death We Do Not Speak Of, in the Novel I Refused to Read For Fear of Meltdown.

Like, um, so many others, I wasn't thrilled about the reasons behind the addition of Seven, or else the way Voyager became the T&A hour because of it. But, years later, I am willing to acknowledge that there are interesting creative points opened up by facets of Seven Nine's story, and will even say, in my more laudable moments, that if weren't for Jeri Ryan playing Seven with her eyes and ears toward the dry and acerbic, the character could have been really awful. (I suspect that last bit sounds like something Mulgrew would say in an interview, through gritted teeth and a faked smile. But if so, so be it. [wink])

This story made me remember why I sometimes like Seven, and it also did justice to a profound relationship- one that never should have been so daftly obscured by a silver catsuit. I second Oparu's comment that you filled a hole in the Trek universe. And I don't even mean that in a naughty flemslash kind of way...
Oparu chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
I've only managed to read that which must not be mentioned once. I usually try to blissfully avoid it.

I also have to keep you from getting too much of an ego. ;)

This will be difficult.

It is Seven of Nine, brilliantly so. The cadence of her tone, and the choice of her words are both beautifully chosen. You convey her relationship with the captain the way I like to think it was meant by the writers. It's the way it should be, and I love that.

Beneath her quiet grief, she's screaming and enraged at losing her new mother. Her role model. Thank you for writing it, this fills a hole in TrekLit.
PhantomofVoyager chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
You have a remarkable way of composing words into music. Beautifully done.
Tomutionmyha chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
This is a lovely and touching look into a character who got as big a raw deal by the writers as Janeway. They made her all boobs and brains coming to the rescue, but I think the little girl just looking for love and exceptence was the best part of her. Thanks for this glimspe of Annika!
firebirdgirl chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Even though after S3 Voy became the 7 show I still liked her. You wrote her very well! You made me cry in fact. Great work and Happy writing!
sophiedoodle chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
WOW! What a great introspection and exploration of Seven and Janeway's relationship! I too am not a fan of Seven or what the books did to Janeway, but this piece was truly moving.
Rono777 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Wow! Very touching and very believable!

Thanks...
Megara79 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
QS, you are one of those authors where I just have to sit down and read whatever you've come up with no matter how busy I am or who you choose to wrote about. You always manage to tell a riveting story, and this one is no exception. You've managed to explaine Seven and her relationship to the captain in a way the show wasn't able to do properly and you manage to do it in a way that actually makes me like and understand Seven better than I ever have before. This was a very belivable reaction from her to the travesty that is the death of the Captain Janeway. Boo on the books, yay on what you've managed to do with it. Now onto Cheshire's request: Time to correct that whole pesky death scenario! I'm wating!;)
Cheshire6845 chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
I am so glad you decided to post this! It's so very believable. The analysis she gives her entire relationship with Janeway, the back and forth, the good and the bad, I loved it. And while 7 may not be my fave, you truly did her justice!

Now...let's bring J back ;)
Tarika Nachtwind chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Very touching story. I usually disregard Seven's POV as well, but this was really good. I especially liked the reverence to Latente Images, which really was a turning point. I remember watching it and also holding my breath when Captain Janeway asked whether it was worth it. As to certain books and unlikely events, they are just a visit to a parallel universe some people wanted to explore, nothing more. So don't let it bother you.
Gates Hepburn chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Wow. That fantastic. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, and curse you they're tears for Seven (and Naomi).

Absolutely wonderful, QS.