Reviews for Like Mother, Like Daughter
Guest chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
I appreciate your desire to put flesh on this relationship in the book but it has no period character. The Novik dialogue is rather more true to period and attitude. Plus it is an insult to Emily to have her reactions play out like a women's magazine. She's sixteen and fanciing her father figure is only one thing teenagers do..and fancy someone else the next week! Emily is proving capable of being every bit as objective as her mother. Her battle is between duty, a much bigger and more binding concept than it is today and the desire for autonomy.
Lisa chapter 18 . 1/21/2014
Wow...I browsed some pictures of the Temeraire fandom in deviantart and stumled upon "Laurence meeting his son" and then somehow got caught up in your story. Such a beautiful one it is ) The characters are well written and the storyline is quite gripping. I didn't read the last 3 of the series (yet) and now I am longing for them.
Even if I had loved to read the reunion of the three in the last chapter, it was a very good ending )
Thanks for that beautiful story

Lisa (from Germany)
Emillia Gryphon chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I must admit that I am not usually a fan of Laurence/Emily but this...this is different. It is like no other Temeraire fic you have ever read! It is tear-jerking as well as laugh out loud hilarious! Fans of Laurence/Jane or Laurence/Emily will both enjoy this superb fic! Anyone who is a fan of Temeraire/Iskiera (my personal favorite pair) will also like reading this story. It does the perfect and hard to accomplish job of blending the original series with the authors own imagination. Really, do your obsessive fanself a favor and read this fic. It is brilliant! I resisted reading Laurence/Emily fics for the longest time but "Like Mother Like Daughter" is a whole other ball park. This story has EVERYTHING that a good fanfic should have: the author has an acute knowledge of the series and characters, they stay true to the books but also arn't afraid to breech the limits of originality. I added this story to my favorites and I am sure you will do the same after giving it a try!
LeahAmberly chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
This is really good :)
qwerty123456 chapter 18 . 11/20/2012
all your stories are amazing
Bandbeond chapter 18 . 7/20/2011
Sorry for "lurking", but it is my habit to read to the end then review. Very well written in all aspects. Emily and Laurence's conflicting with themselves and each other really makes the entire story more interesting and enjoyable. Also, making Jason too smart for his age adds comedy to the already great story. Though the marriage between Temeraire and Iskierka was unexpected, it was pleasant and new. I have read various other fanfics by you and i have to say that they are just as well written.
ConsiousCare chapter 18 . 5/22/2011
Aw! I Truly love you for that Happy ending! I am a huge fan of your stories, and I hope there are coming plenty of them in the future! And you should know that I've cried throughout the story...
ConsiousCare chapter 8 . 5/13/2011
God... I love this story! And yeah, I'm crying... If Emily dies, I guess I will cry my eyes out...
Salamence Rider chapter 18 . 2/26/2011
Wow...this story took me on emotional roller coaster. May I recommend a warning to read it in one sitting? :P

Anyway, it was amazing, another great job. I can't wait to read more of your work.
arysani chapter 18 . 1/22/2011
Really enjoyed this. I love your little inclusions of history - like George's character. Clearly he was a complicated man.

Adored the ending, Jason's letter - I quite fancy the little relationship you built there between he and the Queen; it made the unlikely seem much more likely.

Thanks ever so much for sharing!
arysani chapter 15 . 1/22/2011
Jason heckling the Queen might have just made my day. Fantastic.
skywiseskychan chapter 18 . 12/31/2010
Aww, dragon weddings. Yet another social upheaval due to Temeraire. Its fun to see that you managed to work yet another aspect of the books into your story, that of social change. Also the queen was a wonderful example of the 'good ruler' I'm glad you had the prince regent as such a fop to counter it a little.
robotminione chapter 18 . 10/9/2010
I just finished reading through the story, and just want to say I thought it was amazing. I don't normally go in for romantic "AxB" stories (I'm a guy, what can I say?) but this was just a great read. I could totally see it actually happening. And on top of that, I just want to say I'm really impressed with the historical research you did to back the story up. That really gives it a more "realistic" background that shows in the final product.
carick of hunter moon chapter 18 . 7/11/2010

A great read, very good plot line, and strong story line, the best story are those you see from the point of view of the central characters and this is what you have done.

I am looking forward to read more of your work
Chaos Dragon chapter 18 . 5/23/2010
this was just fabulous. you have an excellent talent for mimicry of novik's writing style as well as a flair that's all your own. and the story itself was just grand. especially temeraire and iskierka's marriage. i nearly died laughing at that. and volly, poor volly and captain james. i've been especially fond of volly since i first met him in the books. he's just so innocent and friendly. sad to see how it led him astray and his captain to death. i really enjoyed the way you wove your story and look forward to finishing off the rest of your temeraire fics before too long. i can only hope that my limited reviews will be excused as i try and read everything as quickly as possible.

~cd