Reviews for Grave Business
HeartoftheArtsari chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
Very poignant... yet so lovely. I think the title and the story have many different meanings. Maybe different every time you look over it. It is a perfect homage to this series and reminds me of how I grew up with it. Seeing it integrated in past and future tense...
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
Nice
Neihaera chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
... You know, the flaws in JKRs work are legion. Given that it was originally aimed at young children, and forced to grow well past its origins, we must expect a certain amount of kludge, but by the final two books in particular, the story wasnt simply flawed anymore, it was wounded not-quite-to-death. Still, we read it ... thoroughly enjoyed it, many of us, flaws and all.

Pieces like this say something about why. Thank you.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
That was adorable. :)
roni2010 chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
love it.. happy to heard that harry appreciate severus in shaping his life.. this piece was written beautiful!
Necesisstas chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
This story is just too amazing. It made tear up.
IDreamOfDistantSeas chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
That was simply beautiful. THe characterization and reflection were perfect. THank you for writing this.
BelieveInTheHoundsOfJustice60 chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
I absolutely love your story. I am adding this to my favorite stories list. Thanks for writing such a great piece.
The Ice Within chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
You made me cry... And I never hated Snape, not even in the beginning. But now I 'love' him even more, after reading this.

Grave Business

-Went to the grave to finish his businesses

-A business that is grave (the adjective)

Oh, and the line "A little boy in clothes that did not fit and a little girl who flew from a swing set and landed in the little boy's heart". My English is bad, not my first language, so can you please explain what that was suppose to mean?

Otherwise, I understood the whole thing and I loved it, a lot.
Nanuk chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Ohh, lovely piece, indeed. I've always loved the character of Snape (even more so when I saw him portrayed by Alan Rickman), and your story shows him the respect JKR failed to give in her final chapter. Thank you!
monkeyluver13 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
I think this story was very well written. I think that this story portrays Harry's character perfectly and I could see him doing this.
Larael chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
It is impossible for me to describe just what sort of affect this story has had on me. This short piece does you so much credit as a writer and storyteller. Adult Harry is portrayed fantastically, and the nostalgic and wonderfully reverent tone of the story was enough to make me cry. I am a huge fan of Snape - have been since book five - and this is one of the few fics I've read recently where the character himself has been treated so well. Thank you for writing this! It is very much appreciated for fans who are still trying to reconcile their feelings over his (and other characters') death.
Chocopie09 chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
JKR's epilogue should have been like THIS. THIS. IS. AMAZING.

~Chocopie09~
soaring glass chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I think it was a lovely reflection by Harry about the different forms a father can take. And more importantly the responsibility a man has to those who depend on him in some way. Poor Harry keeps losing his father figures in the books and I think it's nice the way you've brought Snape into that group-a group of people he perhaps hated and would be unwilling to be a part of but is anyway despite everything. Thank you for sharing this story with us.

As for the title, to me the grave business was both a reference to the grave he was seeking and speaking to and to the serious nature of this visit that he finally worked up the courage to complete.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
It is a finishing. Putting and end to to the pain. It is acceptance and understanding. Maybe it took being a father to understand everything.