Reviews for KrickKRACK
Alyss Penedo chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Welll...damn. Just, seriously
-I don't even know anymore.

When I first started reading Noise of Regalement, I thought that consumption was an interesting, if slightly outlandish, idea. Then I hit the ending, and am completely mind-f*cked.
Now I read this, and suddenly consumption make SO MUCH SENSE. And I almost /want/ this to be the way it works in-game, because otherwise this fic is not canon-icly possible.
The Genius Mage chapter 3 . 2/9/2012
Oh wow.

I've been really busy as of late, but as I finally got the time to sit down and read some stories I've missed, I realized this had updated.

Incredible! As always. I mean really, I can't...the words...I have no words for how breathtaking and exciting this story is. Fantastic work!
0er0 chapter 3 . 1/30/2012
(Also there's a section where there's a spoiler. Read carefully, it'll be marked.)

All spoiler crap before the warning has been marked in code to where it would make a lot less sense unless you read it.)

Well I have to say that chapter was quite a ride. Let's go over the chapter.

Beginning: It was all setting up what was going to happen. We got action and we got hints of the future. We even got set up into the future. I'd be careful to say that everything in the story fits together, but it may well be true. I felt the passion at the end and it's still got me shaken.

Middle: This was the explanation. This was the biggest plottwist. This was the part where "the guy" would say: NOT POSSIBLE! You and all your fans can tell you: Denied! Now I understand the system you came up with. Creation vs. Destruction. It seemed that Beat's hidden destructive power came to use. Although even I raised an eyebrow when his ability could "Break rules." I'm glad you understood the implications. Being able to do that would ultimately make him a threat to Shibuya.

End: It was awesome and emotional... but it left a bad taste in my mouth. It needs a little more at the end. I'm no sure if you were thinking about an epilogue, but I would certainly appreciate it. On the subject of beat umm... (I'll write in code to prevent spoilers)"not making it through the class" He could have been the one to "pass the class", but he let his sister take "the paper" and she "passed with it". Him "failing the class" was his act of grace to his sister. But even so... I feel you could have written in a way where he didn't have to downright "fail". I mean you could have made it to where he couldn't do anything anymore, but be alive. IDK that's just me not liking bad endings.

Yes we had a sad ending. But we have a huge implication of something greater about to go down. That implication implies a story all on it's own. A story that my sleeping meds are starting to force me to dream up... No I can't... I'd miss one of my favorite TWEWY characters.

Comment that requires the use of spoilers

However I have to wonder if the whole thing could have been avoided if Johua just rezzed Beat back to his human form. Joshua's reasoning could have been they were playing a game (of sorts) which she won. And he returned her "price" Or hell just rezzed him because of everything he did for Shibuya. He'd probably use Beat as a means to control her or keep her from disobeying him. But this is just an idea I had. I don't think it could even be implemented. But at least it'd keep your many beat fans happy. Because it really does suck he had to die.

I got a melancholy feeling about the story. I'm wishing there could have been an ending that were cool, and it is cool. But not quite so bad. I'm not sure if changing the ending would be a good idea anyway.

Overall great chapter despite the ending. I'm going to give it a 9/10 and it's because of the ending. The whole story as a whole earns a... 9(and some fraction)/10 The second chapter wasn't as good as this one for sure. But the ending was a downright bummer, still I can't say it wasn't fitting and didn't have impact. But stories that leave a bad taste in my mouth and often leave a bad taste about the rest of the story. It's why I won't some anime's that have been suggested. The ending was shit. It's why otherwise perfect movies piss my friends off. The ending of suckerpunch was shit.

Your ending wasn't shit... but it leaves in a foul mood. But the idea of an a plot against Joshua puts me in a good mood.

In the end excellently done I enjoyed the read. I'm going to attempt to try to convince you to change the ending at some point... but ultimately it's your call and I have no say so on the matter.

I do have a say so over how worth reading this story is regardless. It was great, I really liked it. It was hard to stop reading and I don't get that a lot. You got talent and you have some truly epic ideas. This is I'd say THE most original TWEWY story I've read that stayed true to the characters. You added depth to characters without changing them and you did a lot of stuff that makes a fellow author proud. I salute this story and encourage anyone reading this monster of a review to take a look at the story.

0er0 approved!

PS: Rhyme has the same psych ability that popped up in my story... and I dare say we think alike in at least some ways. I know you didn't get the idea from there. But I found that mildly amusing
0er0 chapter 2 . 1/30/2012
A very good chapter sir, however you did not beat your last chapter, because explanation chapters can hardly match the attention grabbing surprise of the previous.

Overall the plot quality is the same as the previous and it's even less sudden. A lot happened this chapter, but at lot more happened in the previous. Even so that is the nature of any chapter 2.

The thing I feel what may have happened is the previous chapter built up my hopes way too high and you've matched it. But for some reason I think I'm going to be less Wowed despite you doing a great job. Competing against yourself is a bitch. I'm going to try to be accurate, but I think I really amped myself up too much before reading this.

but let's go over the points you asked about.

Explanations: They make sense. I at the very least understood everything even if I wouldn't actually agree with it. I think if anyone has any issues with explanations it'd once again be "the guy". HE'S BACK!

Plotwise the story is heating up and I appreciate having at least a mild understanding of what's going on. I do feel a little down that everything turned out to be something that wasn't planned at all and I was hoping it'd be some sort of supervillian, but I can't have everything I want. In fact most of the worst stuff in the world that happened, wasn't planned by anybody. I did however get many other things I was hoping for.

1) Joshua's intervention. I was hoping he'd be more of a badass when he showed up, but I guess even he isn't a match for all the supernoise.

2) A new and original threat. I have seen noise be the villian many a time, but making the threat RG is a delightful.

3) The hero is Beat, a character I feel has been underappreciated. He's often a side character and instead of Neku saving the Day it's up to him.

4) Sho Mina(f-ing)moto I need not say more.

Honestly the one thing that I have a question about is Neku being unable to release noise. Granted I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I'm just a little unsure how he wouldn't have noticed what was going on. To me I would think Neku would be the last to change, even given the context. Still I can't say I'd sacrifice the drama of Beat going to Neku for help only to see... you know.

As far as chapters go, this one earns the second place trophy from the two chapters I've read, but nevertheless explanations took up a good part of the chapter, which are needed but are not exciting. The quality of writing is only slightly lower in this chapter than the first. I'm not saying it's bad, but I can tell you were in a lot better frame of mind during your first chapter. I can even be bold enough to say you were more excited when writing the first chapter.

Still you're competing with yourself and you're doing a damned good fanfic. I will read the next chapter perhaps after I go to the dollar movie. And of course if you need any help let me know. Sorry if I wasn't quite as praiseworthy this review, and usually I'd review everything at the end. But I thought since this is 3 chapters I'd just review all three. Excellent job my friend, I'll be reading the next one soon. I give this chapter a 9/10.

PS: I'm not sure why but I feel like an asshole for saying all that. .

0er0 chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
I'm surprised I can even call myself a fanfiction reader when this story has escaped my notice for so long. I'm glad I found it and upset I didn't find it sooner. Now for the actual review:

This story is one of the rare cases, (at least for the first chapter) I'd give a five out of five. You had some new and clever ideas without distorting the original characters. You weren't afraid to impress new sides of old characters and you weren't afraid of plot twists. The beginning middle and end compliment each other. The beginning sets up the mood and captures interest. It implies what may happen later without making it obvious and it certainly kept my interest the whole read.

The middle is where things started to change, the implications grew greater and the theory of consumption is introduced. I'd have to say it's fitting given the reaper's game. It's a sound theory and definitely something that could easily add a sublime element to an already excellent blend. As far as the characters go, you stuck with them enough to make me believe it's something that they'd do. You didn't change the characters as it suited your fancy and you definitely stayed true to TWEWY. As far as new elements I wouldn't change a thing.

The end was the chaotic part. I could see shit flying over my head and going into the spinning fan. I... I didn't really, but that's what it felt like. Everything came together in a grueling mix of chaos and consequence. The shift was sudden, but at the same time it didn't need to be stalled out. The mood of the story took a twist for the better and better is of course better.

Now as for the debatable stuff: The noise fish... not likely but definitely a nice touch. I like your version better than the real thing. I could easily say they weren't normal fish in fact I'd be annoyed if they were normal fish in the COMPOSER'S pad. Anything normal needs to be tossed out the damned window. The noise fish was a nice touch. However I can see someone nutcase arguing with you about it... it'd probably be the same guy who points out Mr. Doi doesn't cook curry in anything other than the alternate universe. If you run into that guy tell him to piss off, because creative development takes precedence over fear of taking the story more serious his science book.

I think I could agree to some extent that Mr. Doi was special in some way. I'm glad you decided to give him some backstory, it's well within your rights. Again if "the guy" shows up and complains about you adding stuff, direct him to the logout button so he can leave this lovely website. Fanfiction is about adding new stuff to a pre-made story.

Overall I give you a 10 out of 10 on the 0er0 scale. You win the medal of honor for overall best first chapter I've read. I grant you this cookie shaped medal in honor of the cookie I won guessing how you picked your titles. I give you kudos for your work on this chapter and I will read (and review) the rest of your story at a later date.

For now I need to go write some more and probably take a nap. If there's anything I can do to help you with any story you're working on, let me know: I have no life. Well... I do... but I'm a grade A multitasker. This is a Grade A story and it has earned a (rarely given) 0er0's stamp of approval.
PurplePurplePurple chapter 3 . 1/23/2012

those are my feeling put into english. or possibly latin. i'm not quite sure at this point. this was 3 chapters of AWESOMENESS. i'm both happy and sad to see it's end.
P.T. Piranha chapter 3 . 1/14/2012
Well then. I liked this story.

It worked with repercussions of the game's events, seemed thought out, went certain directions with the characters I liked, and no one seemed too out of character.

My only problem was what happened with Beat. Poor, poor Beat. But I guess it does leave the story with more of an impact.
P.T. Piranha chapter 2 . 1/13/2012
Huh. The explanation for this conflict seems well thought out. Then again I'm new to the fandom having only just watched the game online a few days ago, but still you had to have taken a good amount of time to make sure it made sense.
HH chapter 3 . 1/13/2012
Nooooooooo sad end. D

Beat gave so much, even in the end. This really was a gripping read, well done you.
PurplePurplePurple chapter 2 . 12/18/2011
In explaining things and making things make sense you've managed to melt my brain. This is a work of pure genius.
Kipper Snack chapter 2 . 7/30/2011
"WHY HAS NOBODY REVIEWED THIS YET?" I scream in disbelief at the unjust display of ignorance before me, tearing my hair out and craaaaaaaaaaaaaaawling in my skin.

Seriously this is the best, the TWEWY fanfic section needs less fics about romance and more fics about INSANITY and NOISE and STUFF

the mechanics are obviously very good; everything out of Joshua's mouth sounds like a wikipedia article, as usual.

everything is perfectly in character I guess, wow wow so amazing wow, I love the explanation for the half-noise and how going Reaper is like going ghost; and also Beat's scream of SOUL PAIN, and everything, and basically everything is great

the only thing it could use a little more of is description I guess, but it's pretty amazing anyway

and JEEZ I just love the slow crumbling into insanity, this is great and you are great

All TWEWY fics should be more like this, and I love it okay and keep writing it or I'll be sad and cry tears of bitter, bitter sad jelly
James Firebrand chapter 2 . 7/19/2011
OK. Seriously. I forget to review for THIS LONG? Some beta I am...-_-

Anyway, what can I say? I've always admired your ability make the most insane scenarios seem scarily possible. The only person I can think of who embraces madness more than you is Alan Moore!

Anyway, keep up the good work! And I'm looking forward to the BeatxUzuki~ :3
SpeedDemonGirl chapter 2 . 7/14/2011
I love you. Seriously. Fanfics where characters go completely mental are my favorite thing in the world, and you've pretty much made EVERY character become utterly insane. This is probably one of the most beautiful things I've never read. I am also very thankful that Minamimoto's gonna be in this. After all, a fic with crazies couldn't be complete without the head crazy himself. Not to mention that at some point during your fic, I thought to myself, "This is always how I kinda imagined Sho went insane...". I also love how most of your theories on Noise and Reapers are almost identical to mine, although that's more of a coincidence, haha! I cannot wait for more! Seriously. I'm holding my breath in expextation. So you should hurry up and post more before I pass out from lack of air. (And finally, I apologize for the huge block of text; I reviewed this on my cell, which doesn't have an "enter" key, or other nice formatting features like a normal computer keyboard)
junipers chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
holy SHIT this fic is amazing. i can't really think of anything else to say beyond that x)

i eagerly await the next update!
desdes chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
I wish I had something actually helpful to say, but I'll have to settle for saying that this is most enjoyable and I sincerely hope the next chapter doesn't take another two years P