Reviews for Mega Man X: From The Sidelines
ZephyrX9 chapter 5 . 2/8/2013
Nice reference with Tigatron and Airrazor.
Aiedail chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
I came here from the TV Tropes page on Legacy of Metal, looking for the timeline. I was mostly disappointed, since I wanted to consult it in order to determine the order in which to read the LoM stories. I've read Whispers in Time, Guiding Rainbow's light, An Uncertain Future, and all of Magus523's stuff (not in that order), but I'm not familiar with the actual Mega Man games at all so it's gonna be a pain figuring out what order your X/Zero-series stories come in. Could you update the timeline here to include fic titles?
Roy Fokker 99th chapter 10 . 6/12/2011
Where are the reviews?

Magus, you're on a damned roll here. There was quite a slow burn throughout this whole piece, but I kid you not, my jaw dropped as soon as I recognized some of the names you slipped in near the end. It was like getting hit in the face with a brick. Very entertaining reveal.
Revokov chapter 9 . 1/22/2011
I couldn't find your hidden old timey gag. I lose.

Tex and Jazzhands are compelling characters. Would like to see more of them. Also SM in a cowboy hat is teh lulz.
Eager Reader chapter 9 . 1/21/2011
As always Erico, great story/chapter. And I dare say, freaking tease. You make a whole new story that we all want to see. And so help us if you don't produce it. Or you might just find an angry mob at your door demanding a follow up.
Roy Fokker 99th chapter 9 . 1/15/2011
Wow. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

I'm gonna try to avoid spoilers in the review here, so I may sound vague.

I was marking out as soon as we learned which machine they'd uncovered. Had the theme playing in my head the whole time.

Very cool tale, gives us more perspective on the world as a whole, and brings up something that is somewhat frightening to think about: The machine purge, most of whom likely did no harm whatsoever. I'm also very intrigued by the ending. Are we to see more on this in the future? I hope so!

Really dug the depictions of how the weapons worked. In particular, the antagonist' words about his own strength, his mission, really sold the madness of the machine and the creator. I was already quite riveted to the seat, but that encounter was the real crowning moment for myself.

Excellently written, Erico.
AGK chapter 8 . 12/15/2010
Oh, that chapter was chillingly excellent! Loved the emotion it was charged with, great work Magus!
Roy Fokker 99th chapter 8 . 10/27/2010
One of the more interesting tales I've read from the fandom, Magus. As always, a pleasure sitting down and reading your work. The concepts of the afterlife and how it deals with machines have always seemed to play a role of sorts throughout the Legacy of Metal, and seeing it fleshed out even more here was great fun.

From the Sidelines has been awesome to read and be a part of. It's not an exaggeration to day that my whole day got better when I saw the alert for this update in my email. I'm looking forward to reading future contributions from everyone involved.
Whaaaaaaa chapter 8 . 10/18/2010
Magus, you have indeed grown as a writer. This one actually moved me to tears, for some scenes. There's still the trademark missing details, but that's not so bad here given that you were able to emotionally involve your audience... well at least you did me anyways. Keep up the work, and please, please don't quit on us like Erico... for the Megaman series (not just originals).

Also, hope you've been working on your next public release along side this one, I've been antsy to see just what you were going to write next, now that we no longer have the awesome that is Erico to feed us in between.
Tatsu-ZZmage chapter 8 . 10/17/2010
Wonder if his assignments come on little yellow post-its. _

That was a Great one.
MagyarEagle chapter 8 . 10/17/2010
Loved the title of the story, and how you gave a completely unique perspective on death for reploids. I'd honestly never thought about the implications of an afterlife for reploids, even though logically, it should have come up. What happens to reploids when they die? If they are intelligent, with souls, then shouldn't there be an afterlife for them as well? Gives a whole new meaning to the term "Ghost in the Machine". Wonderful and thought provoking story. Thank you for giving me something to think about.
Red Chaos Mage chapter 7 . 11/16/2009
To be honest, I'm at a loss for words as to how to properly praise the conclusion of that story. The drama, suspense, romance, all of it artfully crafted. I am very impressed... and kinda jealous that my own skill ain't half of this. :-\ Oh well. Thanks for the awesome read! I'll be looking forward to the next installment From The Sidelines.

...

What? I'm allowed to make a pun. ;-P
MungoJerry chapter 7 . 11/15/2009
Absolutely wonderful. I have no words! ...well, okay, I do, but STILL!

Pure distilled, masterful awesome. I'm so happy to add it to my C2 treasure trove!

Also, Hilde and Ricardo rock my face. I'm glad things turned out like they did. XD
MungoJerry chapter 6 . 11/15/2009
IMO, THIS story earns the C2 addition. ;3 Spectacular.
Red Chaos Mage chapter 6 . 11/14/2009
Hm... guess I should've paid closer attention to the "Part 1" in the chapter title. Kinda didn't want the tale to end there, but on the other hand, that was a beautiful place to break off.

Another great chapter... so, who's next? :-)