Reviews for Hamburgers and Dreams
the-devoted-bugg chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Awww so cute! I really enjoyed it
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Another awesome story.
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
And such a simple dream too... poor Dean :*{
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Loved this, young Dean looking after Sam and being entrepreneurial enough the collect the discarded cans littering the beach to get money for the burgers. (Years ago here you got money back for taking lemonade bottles back to the store but never for recycling cans!) Even at a young age Dean's stomach was paramount to his happiness! Loved how he saved Sammy from touching the jellyfish, then calmed him when he was upset. And totally smart of Sammy spotting that Al had the same large cardboard boxes full of cans they had 'found' on the beach! Loved that Dean wanted to keep Sam's innocence and happiness as long as possible but inevitable that he would have overheard their father talking about leaving.

A great little fic, thanks.
mousefiction chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Well, this was in my favorites, but I found I hadn't reviewed it (?). So, sorry I'll review it now.

First I wanna say that I instantly fall for any fic that mentions Dean as a caregiver to Sam, so yay that it's in here.

And, that fly thing was like, "Wow... that would make me gag." I found a fly in my salad once. I was like, "...Wow, really? *puts down fork*."

For the guy with the pony tail: when I was growing up, ALL of the men had long hair (down to the waist), so when my father cut his hair really short (which translates to just under his ears) I was like, "D: No! Dad: what were you thinking! Now you look like a lady." Random, right? It just reminded me of that.

"Me, being an awesomely handsome and smarter than the average kid" That's such a Dean thing to say.

I liked Dean saving Sam from the jelly fish. I remember once I went to the beach, I ran towards the water, but right as I hit the water's edge, I stepped on a jelly. That sucked. Random again.

Wonderful ending.

Anyway, that's it for my rambling review. I enjoyed this fic very much, and I think you have the characterization down well.

Thanks for writing and sharing (and sorry I just reviewed this now!).
SherryPie chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
This is so cute!

I could imagine that Dean always thought Sammy as his baby (even for now, when they're adult). It's pretty clear that Dean would do anything to make Sam normal and happy...
writer29 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
That was a good interperation and very well written. Great job! It explained away the questions, was fun/sad/etc all at once. I thought it was an excellent interpretation of how their childhood was and how Dean would feel about what was going on. Thanks for sharing!
carocali chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Love it! I remember collecting cans as a kid to get candy at the local 7-11. Burgers would be even better!

Even at 12, Dean is still trying to find the best way to make his family work.

Beautifully simple. Thanks for sharing!

:D

Caroline
Clarabell27 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Oh this was just so lovely. My heart was breaking a little when they realised they had to leave. Such a sweet insight into a few weeks of relative happiness in their lives.

Very vivid writing, I wanna go play on the beach with them!
erisnymph chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Oh, so damn cute! I think you nailed the younger characters perfectly to the kids they got playing them on the show (cutest kids ever, btw). You got Dean's more vulnerable side too, with how deeply he does love and refuses to show it.

So damn cute. So well written.
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Aww! Super cute as always sweetie! I love the bit about the jellyfish; those things suck! .o I got stung once when I was much younger and it hurt like hell! Great story though, I loved it! :D
buggyswifter chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
What a great story! This would be a great little story about brotherly love and responsibility all on its own, even it it wasn't about Sam and Dean. The fact that we know the characters and their history just makes it more special. Definitely well written and a joy to read. Thank you for writing!
snchills chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Cute story. I was hoping someone would do a fic about Deans favorite burgers. Thanks for sharing.

I agree about recycling cans. I work for a metal recycler and I see cans, cars and all sorts of other metals come through everyday.
QuierdoMusic chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Poor boys...

I loved the story. Dean's such a great big brother... Saving Sammy from the jelly-fish was a great scene... Sam's reaction was adorable.

Dean thinking about his little brother, remembering the things he did with him and for him, was sad.

The end was amazing... I can picture them both running along the beach..

Loved it...
Phx chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
But.. but if we recycle, good kids like Dean won't be able to get enough money for his hamburgers and he'll be forced to live a life of crime! Oh wait. He does :P But crime really is such a nasty word, right?

very cute fic. Loved the feeling of possessiveness Dean has for Sam, oops I mean Sammy, throughout this. My favorite parts being Dean saving Sam from the jellyfish and Dean finding out that it was Al who left them the cans.

Nicely done.