Reviews for The Blossoming Magnolia
Rachelle Lo chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Lovely.
Hayashi Mikako chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Ooh... It's nice that you really did your research! I've read a lot of bad fics with China or Hong Kong or something where they are completely non-realistic. But this was very nice.

—Mikako-chan
BlackjackMonster chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
TOO MANY FEELS I CAN'T HANDLE THEM *feels overflow* btw you might wanna include in the description that the song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri is awesome to listen with this. c:
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
THANK YOU! Thank you so much for writing this! I've been wondering for a long time if anyone else has ever thought of ChinaxMulan. I'm so happy to have finally found this story. Gah, the ending makes me want to cry as well! It was absolutely beautifully written. I think I completely ship this now. XD

And thank you for using the original poem. It's such a nice homage to China's history.

Thank you once again! I love this to pieces!
lady of storm and lightning chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
You have to tell me where that grave is *buys tickets to China*. I'm so glad you wrote this :D I love nation/human interaction normally, it would be France/Jeanne, sometimes England/Elizabeth, but I especially love the rare ones like this one *throws love at you*.
ike3 chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
So. BEAUTIFUL. *wipes tear*

I honestly think I'm going to start shipping this too! It's like the Asian version of FrancexJeanne (which I totally adore). Before I read this, I could never imagine Yao in such a relationship with Mulan, but this was so sad it made me love them DDD:
vodkaCanidae chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
That was beautiful ~ Really awesome. Love it~
Yoru no Yoku chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
This was so beautiful! There are no other words to describe it!
Moomoogirl1 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
This is beautiful! I would have never thought of this paring but you make it work. Flawlessly I might add. I loved how they understood each other through only looks and body language during the first half of the story. It showed they had a very deep connection. :)

Your writing is also very nice and runs smoothly. Adding in the poem was a plus too. Keep up the good work!
Myou Matsuro chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
That was simply amazing. This absolutely astounded me, because at first I was wondering if you were going to incorporate the Disney's Mulan, but I was pleased to see the original Hua Mulan make her appearance.

It's great seeing this, because she was a great woman, and it's a great homage to her and China's past.

I think the lines between each segment was very fitting as well. Great job.
Crystal Kira chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I cried. This is actually really good, and I can see this happening. After all, if France can have his Jeanne d'Arc, why can't China have his Mulan?

Wonderful job!
AliceGoBoom chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
You did a really great job on this!

I'd always wondered if these two had ever met, and you totally just went all out with it!

Awesome work, as usual! ;D
Mocha-the-Reviewer chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
.tv/

I just found out about the Asia-Pacific Song Contest...when I looked it up on the chinese version for Yahoo, I only found one relevant link...

Come on, people of/from Asia (and the Pacific)! Spread the word and show the world how awesome we are!XD
RainSonata chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Your oneshot was beautiful. I now have an obsession of reading a nation's interaction with one of his/her people. Why can't there be more fics about those?
strange-i-think-not chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
this story totally kicks ass!

i loved it!