Reviews for Between the Lines of Fear and Blame
Beautiful and exactly what I needed to hear today. The value of a person, with all their faults, apart from any role or need they fulfill in another's life. Thank you.
That was amazing! One of the things I struggle the most with the show is a complete disregard for the psychological ramifications of everything that happens. It all just gets swept under the rug. I feel like this story deals with it in a good, realistic, supernatural way. It was very pleasant to read and very thought provoking-on levels outside of Supernatural.
Salishaventura chapter 4 . 4/21
Great writing. Poor Sam feeling so worthless. I never thought Sam was guilty. He only had the best intentions. Very interesting how Dean gets into Sam's mind.
Lostinarwop chapter 4 . 1/29
Wow! What an amazing story. The characterization was wonderful. And I really loved the pacing and the emotional subtleties. Sometimes, the smallest gesture or the simplest phrase can make or break us and define our relationships with those around us. And the question of who we are is ultimately a sum of our memories and our experiences, and how we frame and narrate these memories and experiences as our 'life story'. Your writing captured this theme so well. And while this is not a suspense piece or an action packed fic where the brothers fight and get bashed around a lot, I was still sitting at the edge of my seat and couldn't put the story down, because Sam's life was on the line, and ultimately I wasn't sure whether he would make it or not. The childhood moments were especially gut-wrenching, and reading those bits actually made me cry...I know you wrote this piece a long time ago, but it has such a timeless quality to it, and your talent really shines through. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful, angsty fic with us.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/1/2015
Woah. And woah. That was an interesting fic. I liked it. It was different and I feel like for once supernatural has been realistically explored and displayed. Better then the show in the character portrayal. I love Jensen and padalecki but for once I feel like a depth of what was going on was reached.
Hanna chapter 4 . 7/4/2015
This is probably one of the best stories I have ever read!
LunaBianca chapter 4 . 5/29/2015
I like the motivations this piece explores. Good job with the memories you feature too; they are all significant and fleshed out.

I feel like Dean is a bit obtuse with black-eyed Sam. He would be hostile and stubborn for sure, but during the last few confrontations I couldn't believe that Dean was as confused as he said he was. I can buy angry or defiant, or in some denial, but not 100 percent clueless that all the Sam's are Sam or that he needs help healing in his soul, not just waking up.

I enjoy this story. Thanks for diving so deep and sharing it!
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
Whoa. This is pretty riveting, all of the layers and feelings flung around. I appreciate getting Sam's perspective, getting inside both brothers' heads.

To keep reading or get some much needed sleep - you don't make the choice easy. ;)
daw chapter 4 . 1/26/2015
I don't know if i hate u or love you... i cried all night with this... it is beautiful and horrible at the same time lol
you did an awesome job, congratulationes ;)
brightflare chapter 4 . 1/5/2015
very good story!
Maranna Listten chapter 4 . 12/30/2014
This is an absolutely beautiful story. I have read it more than once at this point, and it still affects me. This is a truly heartbreaking character study of Sam, but at the same time it gives us realistic and canonical responses and feelings from Dean. I don't feel like there is any Dean-bashing at all here, just true and honest feelings that make sense given the circumstances. The story doesn't let Sam off easy - we are reminded through every one of Dean's thoughts just what Sam did: he's a liar, an addict, he broke the last seal and set Lucifer free, and he didn't listen to anyone else. Those facts aren't discounted and I have an immense appreciation and respect for that. It would have been easy to forget about those things and cover them up with Sam's pain. But you didn't, and instead took those things - mistakes, failures - and put them together to create a complete and tragic portrait of a broken man who just needs a little hope and his brother, who just might need a little hope of his own. And it's fantastic and self-reflective and lyrical.
The writing is immersive and pulls you along on a journey you sometimes wish you weren't on. There are so many plainly stated hard truths and good lines in this story. Sentences and exchanges that make you want to curl up in a ball and sob - and let me tell you, I am not the sobbing type. The repetition of the questions and Dean's evolving answers are a great way to show Dean's journey through Sam's psyche and how he arrived at his eventual understanding of Sam. I love it. I also love that it starts with Sam's most recent feelings and traces them back throughout his adolescence and childhood. I think that was a smart choice to allow Dean to re-contextualize his past memories.
You show a deep understanding of the characters of both Sam and Dean and do each of them justice here. It's wonderful. And the fact that the feelings and lessons learned in this story are still relevant to the actual canon of the show now, in it's tenth season, is a testament to how good you are and, as well, the downward spiral of the emotional continuity in the show's writing (and I don't know if you still watch it or if you've given up, but trust me, it's bad).
In the end, this story is, and will probably remain, the best story I have ever read, and I found it almost a year ago. No other story is as unforgiving and dark but after everything (and this is the thing that I think I love most about it), is still so cautiously hopeful. It is so good.
I will probably be back to read this again eventually, and will be as blown away as I am now and I was a year ago, but I just realized I hadn't left a review last time so I sat down and wrote one today. Thanks for the ride and never stop writing!
Anon chapter 4 . 10/18/2014
Jesus Christ this was so beautiful. This made me cry so hard. I never thought of pre series Sam like that, thank you so much for writing this. It was perfectly written and basically the best thing I've ever read. Sam just breaks so pretty, and you are the God of fixing Sam. Thank you so much (:
EmeraldWings90 chapter 4 . 9/16/2014
This is such a perfect analysis of both of them, and you write Sam so well, I love it! And the amazing (and sad) thing is, it still holds up five seasons later. Canon Dean never learned these lessons and he still does all these stupid destructive controlling things to Sam, so that season 9 Dean still would need to take this same tour, except more... Oh, I wish.
Truly amazing fic.
LadyDragonRain chapter 3 . 6/4/2014
I don't know how else to put it. Frakking awesome.
Just awesome. I just feel you are a bit hard on Dean. I feel what you wrote about how Sammy feels is true...but not the same for Dean. Especially all he felt about Sam. Just my respectful opinion. Still it doesn't make it any less of a masterfully written story. Well done.
Innnnaaactive chapter 4 . 3/26/2014