Reviews for The Cannabean Betrothal
I will try to keep reading your story. I know there different religions and ways of life. I don't like the religions where the guy uses it as an exude to marry several women that makes no sense to me. The cannabeans so far my only complaint is the woman can only be teacher's or nurses and wives. Women are more than that we can do whatever a man can. It seems the men in this religion are trying to hold the woman back. I am telling you right now I don't like that. Women should not be treated like that.
agatona chapter 38 . 4/15
I regret that I abandoned the story after 10 chapters or so.
Although the Cannabean way is still a bit backward, there are also changes towards the modern ways, especially when women are concerned.
It is a wonderful story. One of my favourites now. I hope you continue writing some more.
Thank you.
winterhorses chapter 38 . 3/22
I’ve been trying to figure out why this story is so enraging to me. I understand that people have different values and that there isn’t an objective right or wrong. If, say, a woman is happy having men dictate how her life is to be run, then I should accept the validity of such a patriarchal society, no matter how personally deplorable I may find many of its aspects.

But with regards to this story, I think what bothers me so much is that Bella doesn’t seem to be fully suited to the Cannabean way of life. She experiences so many negative emotions—worry, anxiety, fear, anger, disappointment–that stem in part or entirely from the fundamental gender inequality inherent in Cannabean life. It’s as if she subconsciously recognizes that the marked gender inequality inherent in Cannabean society is damaging to the very essence of herself as an individual. While there may be pretty words written about mutual respect and consideration between spouses, Edward still has the final say and, thus, all the power in the relationship. It shouldn’t be that surprising if Bella sometimes behaves like a child; there are times when she is treated hardly better than one.
winterhorses chapter 24 . 3/21
I like the story and love your writing, but man, it’s hard for me to reconcile how badly Bella keeps getting the crappy end of the deal. I understand the “old-fashioned” patriarchal family construct nearly as well as Bella based on my parents’ backgrounds, but thankfully, my mother left that way of life when she got married at 18. She raised me to be an independent female, and everything in me is put off by their views toward women. In this and the previous chapter, I really wish Bella had kept Edward in the doghouse a little longer; I don’t think he truly understands just how much he hurt her. Bella is far too quick to forgive everyone.
Elis5 chapter 38 . 2/7
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for this story! I’ve just come across it and literally couldn’t stop reading it day and night… I actually didn’t know what I would encounter in this story but I had read wonderful reviews/comments and knew that I definitely should check out this story… I read a lot (believe me when I say it) a lot of stories about BxE, but yours still managed to capture my interest and I couldn’t stop reading it until I’ve read it all…
This story is so original, so well thought-through, very heartfelt and absolutely amazing… I loved the gradual development of the relationships between Bella and Edward, from emotional connection to solving basic and mundane problems. Their love and their journey within their beliefs and love of their families is truly incredible to read and experience, thank you for that!
I absolutely sure that I will reread this story many times in the future and I definitely recommend it for everyone to live through these amazing stages of live with Bella and EdwardI wish you all the best and thank you very much!
Patty T chapter 38 . 1/4
Una historia MUY original, reconozco que hay lugares donde estas prácticas, aun en estos tiempos son vigentes y aunque no las practique ni me relacione, es sensacional tu historia, muchas gracias por compartir.
Guest chapter 38 . 12/25/2021
Good to read. Thank you for the great story
Lyndseyxx chapter 38 . 12/21/2021
I’ve read this a few times now and always really enjoy it! It’s an interesting insight in to how other people live. I like how it’s written so thoughtfully and none-judgementally despite it being very different to how must of us live and what we believe. Really well written. Thanks for sharing!
nzjojo chapter 38 . 12/14/2021
I don't know why I've held off reading this story. Maybe it was because people had such polarised reactions to it. But yesterday was they day I started it and today well today was the day I finished it. I have stayed up and read ALL NIGHT. I just couldn't stop. I'm sure I'll pay for it at work soon but you know I just don't care. It was brilliant. I enjoyed reading about the Cannabean way of life. This story will forever be a one of my all time favourites. Thank you so much :)
Guest chapter 29 . 10/24/2021
It’s crazy how Edward didn’t cause any of this but he was the one who had to make it better. Even Bella encouraging him to make it better, where he has to compromise on almost everything including his wedding to make the family ‘happy’.
Edward was right, he always have to give when others take. Not once I’ve read anyone doing anything for him.
It took me a while to realise this and it’s my 5th time reading this.
Senorfrogs chapter 38 . 10/25/2021
Such a beautiful history that you have written. Thank you for sharing ️
MissWM chapter 38 . 8/21/2021
This was a nice story. So we'll written. I have some issues with the whole cannabean rules and how backwards it all is. It would not work for me. I think it would make more sense if it was situated in another period in time, u know? It would definitely be easier to read. I do know that are people who don't believe in women working, in birth control etc etc and sometimes for religious reasons. I just guess it is too far fetched from my reality to even picture it nowadays, specially in a story based in the USA.

Anyways, I had a great time reading this. It was nice seeing Edward heal and watching his and Bella's relationship grow thanks for sharing
Guest chapter 38 . 7/31/2021
Wow. I remember attempting to read this a couple years ago. I read the synopsis and thought I'd give it a whirl, but after the first 2 paragraphs, I gave up on it. It just didn't seem like my kind of thing. What an idiot I am! I found this one again only a few days ago and thought I'd give it one more try, and a little bit more of a chance before giving it up. After 2 chapters I was HOOKED! I've struggled to put my phone down! This has to be one of the best fanfics I've read in... well in the last couple years actually, which makes me regret giving up on it so easily about that long ago. It was so well written, and as interesting as it was entertaining. Loved it!

I'm about to go check if you've written anything else. I really hope you have!
Pattigirl23 chapter 1 . 4/4/2021
This is a really beautiful story, so well written and sweet. Thank you for sharing
Elle Whitecap chapter 9 . 11/21/2020
I loved your other story, so that’s why despite my misgivings, I decided to try this one out. I’m going to have to stop here though because I cannot stand patriarchal stories that shame women for wanting basic things like working outside of the home.
14,664 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »