Reviews for The Cannabean Betrothal
Kassiah chapter 4 . 10/5/2009
This story and your way with words is beautiful. I know my reviews are brief, but really, thank you for writing this.
jimemon chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
And yet, I have had worse first dates... Loved the chapter!
Ihbtfhoiniougwrdiuuhohyf chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
oh dear. did you hear that? it was the sound of mah panties dropping for your edward.

ily and imissyou.

jenn xx
Kassiah chapter 3 . 10/5/2009
You have captured religious families perfectly. Though I don't know anything about the Cannabean way, I do know a thing or two about sneaking around religious parents *wink* and how that can make you feel guilt later. You rock!
rafaboreanaz chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
I didn't review the other chapters but I felt like I should start with this one.

I love how unique and interesting this story is. I'm actually surprised I'm enjoying this much cause I tend to get real defensive of women's rights and our place in society so although it's hard reading a lot of the things going on here, your amazing writing makes it all somehow a little more acceptable.

Plus I can just see how much more interesting things will get when the smut starts. I truly hope they'll start to break some rules soon. lol
VicB chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
Yay! I was so excited to get an update. I have been looking forward to it. I am intrigued with this whole process you have created. I love this Edward and Bella. It seems so sweet. I feel myself getting a little frustrated bc this Bella is so the opposite of the one we're used to reading about and frankly this whole thing is so not what I am about. Following rules of the men, chaperones, courting...bleh. But for some reason it seems so sweet in this story. Love it!

Thanks for sharing it with us!
sherylb chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
I love how this is coming along. Edward is such a sweetie.

The surveillance at the Cullens is hilarious!
TwiHart chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
LOVED it!

I feel all Bella's emotions right along with her. Beautiful.

Edward is kind and obviously out of his element. I like that he seems to want to put her at ease but how awkward.
Kassiah chapter 2 . 10/5/2009
I wish I had the kind of faith that would allow me to move in order to maintain my beliefs. You are so amazing, thank you for sharing this story with us :)
Kassiah chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
I love everything you write. :)
petal789 chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
I love how you wrote Bella's confusion about what is expected of her in this new situation with Edward... such amazing tension. I can't wait to see their relationship develop.

I am so impressed with your storyline and the respect for the characters that is clear in your writing. I have always been fascinated by the "modern courtship" lifestyles of many homeschooling families & other conservative groups. It is such a different world but a truly fascinating one.

I'm loving how your story has its own unique culture but also isn't taking digs at similar real life religious groups- it is what makes your story so believable to me- the story wouldn't have the same power if the writer was looking down on the belief system described.

Your story is one I can't stop thinking about- it is one of my favorites & I seriously squealed when I saw you had updated tonight. Thanks!
FyreTwilighter chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
Again, what a wonderful update! Although I feel a bit bad for Bella. I mean, first being practically controlled by her father, now she'll be practically controlled by Edward. I know now for a fact that I'll never be able to be Cannabean. Too strict, and I would scream and go crazy being a controlled. As I am a teenager, I being controlled although I usually do as I am told, lol!
Kambria Rain chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
I freaked out for Bella when Renee told her Edward was there for breakfast. I'm also frustrated for her that she doesn't know what's going on. That has to be scary. Edward seems nice (at least when it comes to her), but I'm looking forward to getting to know more about him. Thanks for the update!
JW11 chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
This is such an interesting story. I like it a lot.
GinnyW 31 chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
Oh, I love this story and this chapter was wonderful. No, Bella likely wouldn't have done anything different had she known, but I completely understand that feeling of wanting to know what direction she should at least be facing ahead of time. :)

I adore this fic and I'm looking forward to more.
14,427 | « Prev Page 1 .. 932 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 952 .. Last Next »