Reviews for The Cannabean Betrothal
SusanL chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
"And then suddenly it occurred to her. Up until Edward entered her life in his current capacity, her father had been her only frame of reference for Cannabean men and their expectations. Now, she wondered if her father’s no-questions-asked policy was simply a personality trait instead of a Cannabean trait."

It seems like being part of another family will be an eyeopening experience for Bella. Did Edward and his family assume Charlies or Renee would tell Bella what was going on? I think it's going to be a learning experience for everyone involved. I'm looking forward to learning more about the Cannabeans and watching the courtship process :)

I would think the intercom and camera would be more than a little intimidating. When you have someone in the room with you, you can still have an *illusion* of privacy. On the other hand, maybe it gives Bella a sense of security?
dihenydd chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
It is very thought provoking watching this unfold. I may find the whole process overly paternalistic but it is interesting to see two people going into a relationship with open eyes and concern for issues that are at the root of a relationship but are rarely even considered these days. The fact that it is of concern to the whole community makes it feel safer somehow.

Thank you.
redemptionsong chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
I like how detailed you are with the Cannabean way of living. I don't even know if it's actually real or not outside of your story but it seems like it is from your writing alone. I'm really getting drawn into this story and I love it :)
alicewhite3 chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
it's wonderful! i just love this story.
Viola Cornuta chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
Nice tip to canon with the intercom and the camera-even AH/AU, the family is aware of everything and Bella is out of the loop. I guess we will learn along with her. UST is mighty tasty.
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
Another beautiful chapter. I have enjoyed their first meeting so far.

Edward drives an audi...nice choice!
Kassiah chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
You are such a descriptive, amazing writer. I can't wait to find out what happens next. How long to Cannabean Betrothals usually last? Months? Thanks for writing :)
Kassiah chapter 6 . 10/6/2009
Wow! What a great answer. I mean the rest of the chapter was amazing as well, but I loved his answer to Charlie. And I love this Charlie :)
banshee69 chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
I'm still enjoying this story. More than I thought I would. With all the rules and being chaperoned.

I'm not sure I understand why Charlie didn't inform Bella that Edward was showing up to escort her to church, she would be sitting with the Cullens, and she'd not be working in the nursery. Shouldn't someone have advised her on that instead of leaving her in the dark?

I think I can understand Bella's apprehension of asking Edward questions, fearing her disappointing her father after he made this decision for her. I laughed at the thought of video and audio equipment that kept a watch on B/E at the Cullens, to funny. And Bella thinking she was alone with Edward.

How far into the story before they get married? I can just imagine a frigid Bella on her wedding night.
wannakee chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
What an interesting situation. I can't imagine what it would be like to have someone else make all of the decisions and not really know what's coming next. I thought it was interesting that Bella noted that her father is basically an only what you need-to-know information kind of guy, while Edward's communication/decision-making style was still a mystery to her. I hope he helps her figure him out soon, but so far he really doesn't seem that forthcoming. I just can't imagine being an educated woman in that situation. But I really like this story. It's unique and, as always with your stories, well-written. Looking forward to the next update.
brokenangel913 chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
another good chapter- wish it was longer- but that's just because I like it so much. I know you are busy. I still really like how you put the definition at the chapter begining, it makes the story that much smoother to read.
Kassiah chapter 5 . 10/5/2009
My god. I love this story. And I love you for writing it. I am going to reread to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I probably still will miss it :)
Krudt chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
YAY! This is so nice.

I love your story - I know this only came out today - but UPDATE ha ha ha. *sigh*

Can't wait to see where you take these two - what their problems will be and so on.

Hope you are well and happy.
Kassiah chapter 4 . 10/5/2009
This story and your way with words is beautiful. I know my reviews are brief, but really, thank you for writing this.
jimemon chapter 7 . 10/5/2009
And yet, I have had worse first dates... Loved the chapter!
14,515 | « Prev Page 1 .. 937 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 957 .. Last Next »