Reviews for The Cannabean Betrothal
twicracker chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
Excellent observation on emotions.

Thank you for sharing!
jjuliebee chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
Sweetie such an amazing chapter! I am truly blown away with this story - I know I tell you all the time, but it is just such an absolute pleasure to read. You make these characters just so real to me ... and to all of your other readers, I'm sure. OK before I talk about anything else, I just have to say it, because I'm perverted ... these five words? "Those virulent, masculine, appealing hands" - You know me well enough to know what they did to me. *THUD* *DOUBLE THUD* *THUD x INFINITY*. And . ehm .. they look strong and tender. Lucky, lucky Bela. Ah-hem. Your effing UST, while subtle and nuanced, is REALLY. FRACKING. HOT. I can't wait for things to heat up, although frankly they really do feel heated already in the timid glances and the flushed faces. Rawwr.

Okay, where was I? I got emotional and teary eyed as Charlie and Renee esentially relinquished her over to E. Very bittersweet - and as much as I feel for Renee with the tears that she can't hide, Charlie's reserved and almost regal way of dealing with his loss just overpowered me. I've lost my own father and there is something about Charlie's quiet and unwavering love for his Bee that touched my heart deeply. If I'm reading this right, Edward really will be much different than Charlie in that he is already asking Bella's opinion and will at least consider her wishes before arbitrarily making decisions. That's what I hope for, anyway, but naturally I trust you implicitly. One question I had - it was a small detail, but I noticed that Edward said that Bella wouldn't be working in the nursery for "a few weeks." I'm thinking that he just wants the Sunday time to court and get to know her - and that he won't take away her desire to work. Did I read that right? (or are you not telling yet :) ) If that's the case, it seems to me Bella didn't pick up on that detail.

I won't ramble because I'm a freak like that. I haven't yet reviewed the last 2 chapters because I never feel like I'm giving you appropriate kudos so I decided I just have to review - you leave me speechless (yes, I know it doesn't seem that way) and dying for more!

Thank you so so much Megan. I loved it, love the story, love your writing so much. I'm so thrilled that I can call you one of my fic friends as well as my very favorite author! xoxo JB
AMayes chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
Man oh man, you've managed to whet the appetite with this chapter!

I am seriously crushing on this story! Edward and Bella's tete-a tete was wonderfully done and how I would've expected it would proceed.

I do hope Bella opens up more and starts asking Edward more questions. Have you stated yet how long a courtship will go for before turning to marriage? I'll have to look at your thread again.
HopeStreet chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
I don't know how you are able to write two outstanding stories at the same time. You are truly gifted!

I guess the speakers and video camera do make a concession for modern conveniences when it comes to chaperoning courting couples, but it does seem creepy and invasive. Even though Bella daydreamed about courtship and marriage, she doesn't really know about the mechanics of either one of those things. She doesn't even seem to have the freedom to ask her questions of anyone who isn't family or Edward's family. Too bad she does not have a friend to help her through this process.
CalKadoo chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
Aww, so touching.

I am curious to know whether Edward knew and/or wanted Bella to be somewhat in the dark about all of this or whether it was an unintentional byproduct of how something like this can be awkward in the beginning stages? Perhaps the next chapter will reveal? :-D
Bammers chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
loved it can't wait for more so if they don't get along can they break up or is ths it update soon thanks...
katydid13 chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
How disconcerting to Bella! I hope she can find the answers to her questions.
jerseyhalliwell chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
i think this is my favorite chapter so far.

i love the idea of bella having to learn to love edward and not falling for him right away. and this edward is so sincere and eager to please that i want to cross my fingers for them :-)
SusanL chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
"And then suddenly it occurred to her. Up until Edward entered her life in his current capacity, her father had been her only frame of reference for Cannabean men and their expectations. Now, she wondered if her father’s no-questions-asked policy was simply a personality trait instead of a Cannabean trait."

It seems like being part of another family will be an eyeopening experience for Bella. Did Edward and his family assume Charlies or Renee would tell Bella what was going on? I think it's going to be a learning experience for everyone involved. I'm looking forward to learning more about the Cannabeans and watching the courtship process :)

I would think the intercom and camera would be more than a little intimidating. When you have someone in the room with you, you can still have an *illusion* of privacy. On the other hand, maybe it gives Bella a sense of security?
dihenydd chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
It is very thought provoking watching this unfold. I may find the whole process overly paternalistic but it is interesting to see two people going into a relationship with open eyes and concern for issues that are at the root of a relationship but are rarely even considered these days. The fact that it is of concern to the whole community makes it feel safer somehow.

Thank you.
redemptionsong chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
I like how detailed you are with the Cannabean way of living. I don't even know if it's actually real or not outside of your story but it seems like it is from your writing alone. I'm really getting drawn into this story and I love it :)
alicewhite3 chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
it's wonderful! i just love this story.
Viola Cornuta chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
Nice tip to canon with the intercom and the camera-even AH/AU, the family is aware of everything and Bella is out of the loop. I guess we will learn along with her. UST is mighty tasty.
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
Another beautiful chapter. I have enjoyed their first meeting so far.

Edward drives an audi...nice choice!
Kassiah chapter 7 . 10/6/2009
You are such a descriptive, amazing writer. I can't wait to find out what happens next. How long to Cannabean Betrothals usually last? Months? Thanks for writing :)
14,523 | « Prev Page 1 .. 937 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 957 .. Last Next »