Reviews for Alpha's Ark
WaveMoon chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Li's Ideas... * shakes head * Anyway this is a relly good story! Paulo is going insane * smirk *
shadowcatbrat918 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Awesome one-shot! :)
ImplausiblyForgetful chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
My Fav line was...

Yes. Bored. The word, that, when applied to teenagers, sends any sane adult running for cover. That word, that, when applied to Li, brings forward the creation of a space warp drive by several hundred years. Does this give you an idea of the trouble the earth is in?

I like your style of writing, the closest thing I can compare it to is Eoin Colfer. Loved it!
lepidopteran chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
So... this review was a long time coming! I actually read this a while ago and have only recently come back to the AF section of FF.

Anyway, loved this story :) The Hitchhiker's Guide quotes were priceless and all the talk about the 'Ideas' and 'ideas' made me laugh quite a bit. I love the light-hearted oneshots and you pulled this one off perfectly. Great work!
Cherrysong chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
I LUV Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, so this worked for me :D
B.E.W chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
WRITE MORE!
spinkle22 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
These were my favourite lines:

'Amber, Hex and Alex were considering promoting Paulo’s ideas to Ideas.'

'“Only on a Thursday” cut in Hex dryly. “I never could get the hang of Thursdays.”' (even if this wasn't entirely your own line :P)

'Hex and Amber pointed and laughed.'

Lovely dry humour. My favourite :) Everything in this story is my favourite. The references to the HHGTTG made me chuckle, and Li's ridiculous idea. And the facts about bored teenagers.

Another great oneshot!

Spinky.
valentine999 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
"...like she was a bomb threat in an Israeli airport." You actually went there. Awesome.

Best congratulatory present I have received so far! BNTN, I don't know how you do it but every time I read one of these I am amazed; you write so intelligently, more like a running commentary on the group in which you understand the characters so well that each sentence reads true the individual.

Your style is so unique and I don't think I've read anyone's work (including published authors) who write with such slick-wit and expert one-liners. I like the way you can expand the group's conversations past what we see in the book; the Hitchhikers references worked well and I love those books :)

I particularly liked this part: "...but those with capital letters are those you need to worry about. Un-capitalised ideas are survivable..." It was clever and not funny in a- oh that's cheesy AF humour for you but it came across as a lot more sophisticated. The whole talk of "ideas" was generally fantastic and the thing I like most about them is that they're specific only to your stories. It's a continued joke that each fic revolves around but not in a repetitive way.

Simply terrific. :) I think you should look into writing as a career. So I'm going to leave you with this mammoth review and say that I'm looking forward to the internet safety fic. Keep them coming, keep this up and thanks again!
emmadactryl chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Wahoo! So happy to have a chance to read this :D I'm already on a happy high having just come back from a very successful dog club display and this had just made me beam even more. Loved the beginning- loved the whole oneshot, but the beginning especially was fab. Fabulous work with Li's Ideas. I'd be scared too :P Fantastic banter between them all and I had an incredibly amusing image in my head, especially when Li started explaining her Idea- cue terrified Paulo :P Can't pick a favourite bit; it was all awesome, as usual.