Reviews for KakuRenBo
kornpop chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Wonderful! Absolutely exquisite! Truly one of the best fics I've read on this site.

The fact the Sebastion was Ciel's father gave me a perverse sort of pleasure. You leave small hints and clues all through out the story, all leading up to one "Aha!" moment. And all the refrences to fairy tales and games is, of course, superb.

The ending leaves all sorts of questions. As in, what happened to Ciel? Is he dead? Was his soul taken over? And what about Sebastion? In your note you said that everyone but the last person is gruesomely murdered, and, if I'm intrepreting this correctly, wasn't Sebastion the last one to be "found"? So does that mean that he isn't really dead?

All in all, this was a wonderful piece of literature and I hope to read more from you in the future.

PS. I looked at the link you posted in your note, but it said that the pictured was "quarintined" and I couldn't look at it. I was browsing some Kuroshitsuji pictures and I came across one of Ciel kneeling before a coffin filled with white roses and Sebastion. Is this the same picture?
bookenworum chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
..What.

My mind is splatered into too many pieces, so I apologize if this sounds a bit rambled.

Wow!

Woah.. Sebastian was his father..?

I caught one clue while reading, (that Sebastian might have impregnated Rachel, and that perhaps Ciel was his son.. But I dropped the idea much later.) One clue. The rest, attacked me and left me speechless.

And I think you killed my brain.

Allow me to please make sense of it:

Sebastian is his father, so does that mean that he's actual Vincent as well..? Vincent Sebastian..?

Or.. woah. Ciel had sex with his own father.

So, is Ciel a half-demon..? hat would make absolute sense with the "Now, you're it! ( "it" being a 'demon'"!

Awesome!

I just don't get how Sebastian and Vincent are the same people, I thought Vincent was the one who ordered Sebastian to stop eating souls.. But how did he take hold of his body or something..?

And oh come on! Ciel didn't know, but Sebastian did know. Even left many flirty-hints. Truly a demon, that one.

And how Ciel ordered Sebastian to kill himself! Wow! Very surprising. I feel for Ciel, though.

Now I reread it, you left a rather obvious clue I didn't catch, in "Contracts":

“It belonged to my father.”

The solemnity of this announcement was ruined by a dark chuckle.

“It belongs to your father,” Sebastian echoed from behind his pouting master

He's saying his father's still alive in a way. Wow.

This is really well thought out!

It did creep me out a bit, but what the hell; awesome fan fiction with really much thought put into it.

bookenworum
chishero chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
*mind-fucked* That was perfect. I'm all reviewed out from reviewing all your stories, though, so I'll just say that it was dark and chilling and enthralling and MARVELOUS, and the references to fairy tales and games were so right, and goddamn. I think you're the best at writing Sebastian's smiles-and everything else Kuro-related. *faves a million times over*
sosise chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
excellent.

I need a dab of wine when i read this.

reall good.

who ever thought of that matter?
mirai17 chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
OMFG! This is THE best Kuroshitsuji fic I have EVER read! You won the-pushed-all-my-right-buttons award! You just...Dahh!I can't give a sensible review please excuse my mindless ranting..

You know at 8 when they were discussing demon procreation for the first time I thought about it and said hmm maybe Ciel is a half-demon. I figured out the entire thing except I thought that Vincent was/is Sebastian..but DAMN! You blew my mind! I love the dialogue and interactions between them and the sex!

“…I know quite a bit more about ‘procreation,’ if the young master would enjoy a demonstration.”

That killed me XD. They are both so very much in character and this is an entirely plausible explanation for what could have happened in the anime. I love you for having extremely good grammar and spelling. Also, the narration is very well done and I like how vague you made the sex scenes; in two words tastefully done.

"Vincent and Sebastian and Vincent and Sebastian and Vincent and Sebastian and Vincent and soon the two faces had blended and blurred and converged to form a single visage that swam before Ciel’s closed eyes and with a jolt he realized that the pair had worn the same face all alo—!

His mind went white.

“Father—!”

Yes Ciel he does look like your dead father. I think I had a brain aneurysm at this point XD. The daddy issues are very much appreciated and beautifully written.

I love the constant countdown like in the game of hide and seek and the different snapshots of time that you show in those instances. The ending...trés magnifique! Ciel becomes 'It'.

Oh yes and at part 4 (my second favourite part), the fairy tales and how you correlate each one to something that has happened to Ciel, no matter how seemingly small the reference, is simply marvellous!

And another thing part 2! The discussion filled me with so much anxiety! I was hanging on to every word! Your words, they have power. This is my favourite part.

OK I think I'm done fangirling over your story XD
Shinigami's Voice chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Well, first of all, I think I owe you two apologies: first one, because it took me nearly four months to check Kuro fics and thus read this story after you so kindly alerted me of it.

Second one, because I don't think I am capable of putting together the adequate words to express how utterly brilliant, intelligent, elegant and twisted KakuRenBo is.

That english is not my native language is hindering me a bit too.

Where to start, dearest? The title. It's pure genious. The whole imaginery involved in the bloody play of hunting the kitsune masked ones, the symbolism of catching demons. I have been to Kabuki plays in Kyoto, and let me tell you that the title and the scenes it brought forward in my mind, completely shocked me. In a good sense.

The hide-and-seek metaphor is flawlessly used during the whole story, clinching it perfectly at the end (in that, I disagree with a previous reviewer who said that it was lost midway during the fic...*shakes head*)

I think my favorite two word contructions in the story are precisely "KakuRenBo" and "Now you are It". The impact of that last line...damn. Certainly what it's called a punch line.

And the use of the fairy tales! So appropiate since fairy-tales are actually very cruel things. The Disney version of everything has managed to sugar-coat the children's mind about them, but in truth these stories have such shaded characters and lessons. Whenever you quoted a fairy-tale, and then you described Ciel's train of thoughts and actions...I was marveled at how you found the perfect match for each snippet and each horrid revelation.

Ciel's stubborness, and his ardent need to discover the truth, to finish the game...so in character, and so admirable, really. As admirable as this character can be...I am convinced that whether the manga depicts a smiliar scenario or not, in my mind Ciel will always have something (a lot..) of demon in himself. The desperation in him felt so very human, though. And then, the moment when he discovers everything, and calmness and acceptance arrives...in that moment, oh my young master oh ho ho...yes, there was no going back then, nothing to do to recover the lost(sold) soul of this child.

The peace in the last scene with both of them felt like a pretty "good-by"e and "see you soon". Ciel's sould will eventually look for its now proper owner, and Ciel...well, I feel there was something real (like love and hatred and fascination) between his lover/father/servant and him...so I can only imagine he will follow that trail, go after the puzzle again.

*ponders*

To end this rather long and confusing review: damn but this is a beautiful thing to read, I'm in love with it and no doubt this is the best KuroShitsuji story. Ever. *strong conviction for the win LOL*

...More fics, please? Really! If I were a fantastic writer like you, hell, I wouldn't stop writing!

Thanks for the fantastic read. Fav'ing from here to...the moon, in your honor.
TheAntitype-ZEPHYR chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
In House of Red, they're brothers...

Now they're father and son...

GOD. That was just...god...I always think of incest as taboo, but this...this...just took my breath away...

Ah, you're writing style! I so love it! It's so dark, and deep, and elegant at the same time. Sadly, I can't write like that, since I have quite a light personality. I do tried once, and my friends reactions were like o_O. I really, really love this! Hope I could write like this too!
kyouruhi24 chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
dude! this is freaking amazing! i can see it happening in the series! wow... love the sex between them!
Koolneko22 chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
This was so sad...

I LOVED it.

There were many themes that ran through this (and Contracts), and I think I saw them all. But the fairy tale connection that travelled from the prequel to this was great. Just so poignant.

There is just so much more I could say...but I can't articulate everything right now. Just know this was a wonderful story.

The end leaves it open to a bit of interpretation. Like did Ciel die (and then of course what happens to him after if that's so...)? Or did his soul just leave his body and he's a demon now, and so not 'himself' etc. And there are all sorts of questiosn about that-like where did his soul go etc. And is Sebastian dead for good?

This was just so sad...thier story can almost never end happily(in any story)-it's the way it is...(though my imagination can provide plenty of happiness for them together if different things had happened).

I was so tempted to look at the pic that inspired this, but I knew I had to wait not to spoil it-but I'm going to look right now!

You are such a good writer. I hope you never stop. Keep up the good work!
Morris Wonderland chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
No really man. You're brilliant, but this has got to be one of the most twisted, sadistic things you've ever written, and I've ever read. Hahaha, Sebastian's his father. He has sex with his father. And it was all well and good too.

That was just...

wow.
Kyuubi1794 chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
That was a amazing 0.o Just amazing I loved it!
GoodbyeMyHeart chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
-ahem- First, let me just rant a moment about how incredible you are.

Your storytelling is superb. Your characterization is flawless. You drew me in like a fish on a hook, and I could not stop reading. Your twists are well-played, your overall concept is disturbing and fascinating all at once. There is a reason you are one of my favorite authors on this site.

I loved Contracts, and I might love this one even more. Make no mistake, I am checking back frequently to see whatever new masterpiece you present us with next.

Please, for the love of God, do not stop writing.

-Askance
Extraintrovert chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
And they all died unhappily ever after.

As with all your recent stories (which I should review sometime in the next century regardless of apathy) the syntax and paragraph organisation results in a highly immersive experience and the imagery is delightfully visceral while the story itself leaves me somewhere between hysterical giggles and horrified choking (I knew Sebastian was evil, but wow), however the hide-and-seek metaphor seemed to have died at approximately the halfway point, the fairy tale references would have been more effective diffused throughout instead of compressed into one slab and I desired more of Sebastian’s input instead of the Ciel being almost the exclusive focus (idea for a sequel? y/y). Regardless, this is brilliant and is now part of the actual continuity, because I said so.

In summation, you are a horrible person and deserve a brutal death. No, wait, please write moar delicious nightmare fuel.
Syeroix chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
God I love this piece. Good writing, excellent story, and nice insert of hide and seek. All the things, I dunno. I cannot find myself in a posistion to give a proper review. So I wish to bestow my appreciation upon you.
Fantastical Nonsense chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Good story.

I didn't get to see the image though - it said it was under quarantine and would be removed shortly. D:
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »