Reviews for And Deposit Your Trash in the Receptacles Provided
Zatnikatel chapter 3 . 9/16/2009
Oh my God, the house is gone. It is Brigadoon-ey. Wow.

Jeez, this ties into what the girl said… is Sam caught up in some sort of re-enactment of those murders? :-O

This passage - just great:

‘Tragedy and madness ... that was what he could smell. It suddenly tickled his gag reflex. Sam felt the freezing puff of his own breath pass his lips and saw the vapor hanging in the air before him.

“Fuck,” he said with feeling. “I walked right into this, didn’t I?”

Sam cursed everything he could lay claim to then - his one-track mind, his inability to help his brother, the rolling tide of lousy Winchester luck. Damn. Something had told Dean this house shouldn’t be here. Dean, who’d been struggling so badly, had felt it from out there on the mountainside. And Sam, with all his superior Spidey-sense and freaky mojo honed to the nth degree ... Sam had missed it.’

Lord. I’m so glad this is complete.
Zatnikatel chapter 2 . 9/16/2009
Finally managing to get back to this…

Love Chester: sorta made me think of wee!Dean from the Christmas episode. Loved his POV of broken!Dean and of Sam hovering over him all the time.

Love this:

‘Hard to fathom how the whole of Hell could be in a tiny space like the inside of his head. Yet there it always was, waiting for him, whenever he slept without a Jack-flavored safety-net.’

Just says it all, really.

Hm. I’m a tad suspicious about that house. Smells of Brigadoon to me: like it magically appeared or something. Sounds awfully nice to be stuck out in the sticks like that… tho, that said, interesting how Dean seems to see it very differently, almost like he’s seeing that it’s *wrong*. Seeing it for what it really is?

Sam seems *enchanted* and I mean that literally. The couple are making me think of the Carrigans… what are you up to? God, I can’t believe Dean left without Sam even though his gut was telling him something was wrong… he just isn’t himself.

Most intriguing!
PADavis chapter 8 . 9/10/2009
Incredible - love how Sam still loves Dean even when he's lying about Ruby - gah Season 4! - and very cool that Dean knew she was there and on his bed. Shudders.

This was stunning. Spot on angst, characterization, fraught with unresolved tension... Lovely.

PADavis chapter 7 . 9/10/2009
Beautiful chapter. I loved how out of Dean was and I got all tense when Ruby was near him. So glad she was dealt with before the S5 premiere. Tonight. In four hours.

PADavis chapter 6 . 9/10/2009
Two more chapters - your action is fast paced, clear, intense and scary. The dialogue is beautifully within character. And I love PTSD Dean so much.

PADavis chapter 4 . 9/10/2009
I was in such a rush I may have forgotten to review ch 3. Just spectacular - ovary popping my god, intense creepy story, Dean just so Dean... this is fantastic.

PADavis chapter 2 . 9/9/2009
If I tell you that I'm insanely happy with the fic right now - well would you blame me? So freaking cool.

PADavis chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Incredible. Beautifully written, empathetic, so many wonderful lines I'd be quoting this back to you. The Sam splitting from head to toe if something else hurt his brother, and the Nonono you're remembering... making me cry. And all posted and complete - holey moley, this is fantastic.

Bardicvoice chapter 8 . 9/8/2009
Thank you for this. Loved the intensity, really enjoyed the casefic aspect, and the characterization was dead-on. I only comment when I truly enjoy, and this pushed all my buttons.

Well done.
Lady Chekov chapter 8 . 9/7/2009
This. Is. Awesome.

!

I can't get over how in depth and in character this fic truly is. It fits so well into that dark and dangerous season four vibe, when Dean and Sam are starting to rapidly and terribly fall apart.

I loved how Dean still managed to rescue Sam despite all his injuries! It was so gratifying after all of Sam's condescension in earlier chapters. I really really enjoyed that.

And Sam juggling feelings of gratefulness and resentment towards his brother...and his feelings of resentment and lust for Ruby. I also like how you've written her character. The part where she sits on Dean's bed and touches his face was so perfectly creepy.

This is a really great fic.
Mad Server chapter 8 . 9/7/2009
Dean sitting practically on top of the radiator all drippy-wet and shivering... Sam and Gina both looking out for him... gah. This was awesome! I was sad to see Ches and Gina go, too, but then their goodbye scene was kinda perfect, so it's all good.
Mad Server chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
"Sam nodded his yes-I-am-hearing-you-but-I-believe-you-to-be-talking-crap nod."

Love it. And what a forehead feel! Something about Dean going over to Gina's and wanting to tell her about the hunt and her not getting it and then him falling asleep there is so sad, and so great, and then her immediately forgiving him for pinning her against the bookcase is really touching.
Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Joy, joy, *joy*. You cannot imagine my joy when this popped up in my inbox, since the prequel is, IMHO, one of the very best posthell!Dean stories in the fandom. And I nearly had a stroke when I saw it was COMPLETE! Anyhoo, time to squeeze in Chapter 1 ahead of uploading C9 of my current WIP, and I will be back later…

And what a lovely, lovely thing this is. Such beautiful, realistic emotional detachment [even down to Sam’s perfectly reasonable lack of sympathy from time to time] and no sickly-sweet solutions to rebuilding the brotherly bond that pop up so often in other S4 stories. They can’t talk to each other – and it is so true to character that they are such emotional cripples.

This:

‘It was a moment that had happened many times. They would set off from point A on the way to point B and they would be side by side. They would take the first step in sync sometimes, turn in the same direction, move off at the same speed. It didn’t feel like any of those times to Sam.’

And this:

‘Sam was acutely aware of the lines and shadows on his brother’s face which just ought not to be there, that his eyes were full of something Sam couldn’t bear to see. Now that they were face-to- face in this unyielding mountain light he supposed some strange and terrible thing shone out of his own eyes and that was why Dean didn’t look straight at him anymore either.’

Just great, dude. Great, *great* writing.

And such a powerful sense of Dean unraveling before our very eyes:

‘Sam was prepared for cursing, bravado, denial in spades, but he wasn’t prepared for tears, for the tangible frisson of horror that had caused them… * You’re remembering something. No, no, no. Don’t think about it. Nonononononono.*’

This really nails it that although Sam wants to know on one level, maybe deep down he really doesn’t, and fears he may not be able to deal with the sheer horror himself… ‘Impossible to explain his all-consuming certainty that he might crack open from head to toe where he stood if he had to deal with any more injury or violence perpetrated against his brother ever again. From wherever or by whomever. Ever.’

Favorites this already because I know it is going to be utterly special. Back for round 2 later on… ;-)
Lady Chekov chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Poor Dean...

I loved Sam almost saying those three angry words, then remembering the reality of the situation.
29 | « Prev Page 1 2