Reviews for Kissed by a Rose
Dark Angel Wings28541 chapter 33 . 4/5/2013
such a wonderful story!
HowlX23 chapter 20 . 4/2/2013
I literally had butterflies in my stomach when beast said the last line. :) excellent story
ScrollPirate chapter 33 . 4/1/2013
Wow, that was such an awesome story! My sister found it and sent it to me... I stopped once for sleep and a trip back to college from the weekend, and finished today. This was such an amazing story and I thank you so much for writing it!
ratherbereading125 chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
never really thought too much on the possibility of a deeper reason for the beast's behavior. love the one you came up with, it gives a sense of . . . i don't know, humanity, to him.
Eli42 chapter 33 . 3/10/2013
I really enjoyed reading your fic! It was detailed and you stuck with it until the end (which not many writers can say). Since it was rated 'M' you could have had a few more risque moments between Belle and the Beast. One more side note is that his actual name was Adam. It had been mentioned in the original movie, but was cut in the actual film.
Guest chapter 33 . 2/25/2013
Came upon this story by chance while just looking for something Beauty and the Beast related to read/buy,and got to say loved it!
The Green Archer chapter 33 . 2/18/2013
So I downloaded this story to read as an ebook on my iPad yesterday (since that's the only way I can read fanfics longer than 50K words apparently), and now that I've finished reading it I just want to thank you so much for writing it! Despite the story being about a rape, it was all treated very sensibly and I LOVED the way you characterized Belle and Alexander and how they developed as individuals; bringing out qualities about them we know from the movie as well as extra little things that made me want to analyze them on a much deeper level. With Belle especially, I think this might have been one of the first fanfics I've read where I really felt like she changed just as much as the Beast so thank you for not making her all high and self-righteous while Beast is a big jerk who needs an attitude adjustment (which writers tend to fall into the mistake of doing nowadays). Even the characterization of the servants and LeFou was really well done. I love the bits of comic relief they added to what else might have been a very dark and serious story.

I'd also like to say that I really loved the parallels you drew this story into with the Bible and Sir Gawain. I read Sir Gawain and the Green Knight in my Medieval Literature class last year before I had to drop it because of my spine injury, so reading about him again here made me feel a little bit nostalgic, but in a good sort of way. And I enjoyed the twist with the enchantress in the end as well.

All-in-all, I really loved this story, it was beautiful, inspiring and thought-provoking, three things I love to find when reading a fanfic. And now that I have it saved as an ebook I might just pull it out to read again the next time I'm stuck in transit for 2 hours, haha.
Tara Poole chapter 33 . 2/11/2013
If I had known that fan fiction was like this I would have started reading years ago. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. This is a great start to me reading fanfiction. Now hopefully I can find more that are just as great. Thank you for the awesome story.
Cora DeBlaere chapter 33 . 1/19/2013
This was beautiful. Kudos to you. Keep writing, you're wonderful at it. Thank you for sharing this, it was amazing.
TheFinePrint chapter 33 . 1/5/2013
I have spent ALL day reading this story! It was so captivating! I was hesitant at first because you mentioned there would be rape but you handled it perfectly and tactfully!
Moi chapter 30 . 1/1/2013
Lovely so far, very tender, original and sweet! I'm sorry for nitpicking though, Alexander's a great choice the Beast's name, were it not that his official name is already Adam...it was just a surprise since I know his name to be Adam and seeing Alexander, but I suppose it fits sort of. They both begin with 'A'!

Great work in any case :)
blissfullyforgotten chapter 33 . 1/1/2013
THAT. Was. AMAZING! I loved it, the ending was so sweet and I loved your style in writing, u did a great job with the characterization and it was fantastic...the dialogue however could be improved at times, sometimes the words I dunno felt a bit awkward or forced but it was minor thing and only happened quite rarely, all in all a beautiful captivating story that I adored! Well done! Peace:p
Guest chapter 33 . 12/24/2012
nice much! super nice!
Princess LaLaBlue chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I know that this is probably not going to be read since the story was completed a while ago, but I thought I would still say my peice since I like my readers to review no matter how long ago the story was written. Anywho, for only having read the first chapter, I love this story! Your style of writting is fantastic and I can hardly wait to read the whole story! Btw, I love the choice of title, I loved the song before since it was the romance theme from Batman Forever (horrible movie but I am a Batman fan none the less, so its an obligation to ow the movie).
Wolf of the Western Woods chapter 33 . 11/20/2012
I love you. There, that awkward moment being over, now I can actually say why! This story captures the characters so well, so perfectly, that I can see them with every word. And the added twist makes the story doubly amazing, as it requires you to look into their motivations and still bring them out as the characters we know and love, even with so much changed. I noticed you changed Alexander's age, though it was not particularly difficult to understand. After all, it would take a much more cruel magician than Merlin to curse and eleven year old. Oh, and Merlin! Did I mention I love you? Well, I think that's it. Thanks for the great read!
712 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »