Reviews for Kissed by a Rose
Belle A Lestrange chapter 8 . 10/14/2012
Aw they're all so afraid of the Master and his temper tantrums.
Belle A Lestrange chapter 7 . 10/14/2012
Another brilliant chapter. I am really enjoying the intensity of it all.
Belle A Lestrange chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
Such a thrilling chapter. It is amazing how the dialogue itself becomes more intense, especially with the added drama of Belle's baby.
Belle A Lestrange chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
Oh the Beast's POV is heart-breaking and twisted.
Belle A Lestrange chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
Oh wow Gaston just gets more and more eager and deadly desperate. It's petrifying!
Belle A Lestrange chapter 3 . 10/13/2012
I love the intensity with which Belle feels isolated. For a girl of that time, it was the worst possible thing that could happen, next to being a prostitute.
Belle A Lestrange chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
Ah I am glad you revealed that Belle was pregnant at the end of the chapter. I can only assume that Gaston forced/raped her.
Belle A Lestrange chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Amazing retelling of the prologue. It is amazing to see what could have made the young prince feel so bitter towards those around him, as the Disney version sort of just makes him out to be a totally spoilt brat [he is a prince there is not much many could do about him being spoilt]
Nicoley117-TheBlueMartini chapter 33 . 9/30/2012
This story twas AWESOME!

…Ok, so this review comes like 2 and half years since you finished this story. So, I bet you’re wondering how I came across your fic, so I’m going to tell you, because I think it’s kind of a crazy story, haha. (Sorry if you actually…weren’t wondering? If that’s the case, you can totally skip the whole next paragraph! ;)
So, this past summer, I kind of got on this King Arthur high, haha. I re-read one of my favorite books (Queen of Camelot) and realized that I totally should read more booksabout the King Arthur legend because I totally love it. So after trying to research online for some good King Arthur books, I came across Camelot’s Library, where you’ve posted reviews about King Arthur books! And then somehow, you must’ve mentioned you had a fiction press account or something…Anyways then that led me to discovering your fan fiction account and your love for Beauty and the Beast. And I totally love Beauty and the Beast! So of course I was curious to see what kind of fics you wrote about it, so I found this piece of awesomeness! I didn’t start reading it immediately when I found it since life stuff started happening, but I kept it in mind to remember to read it in the future! Anyways, when college classes started up again, I started reading it while waiting for classes to start and such, and read like a chapter before I would go to bed at night. Then I finished reading it like the other week, before my storm of tests hit. Sooo I’m just now finding time to review!

SO ANYWAYS…this story was pretty great. I really enjoyed it. It was wonderful to relive the story of Beauty and the Beast in a different way! It was also awesome to be more like in the minds of Belle and the Beast. You write quite marvelously!

Of course since I found this story because of King Arthur, I loved how you had Belle’s favorite book be “Arthur & Guinvere.” You made me wish that that was a real book so I could read it! Haha and then of course all the frequent references to King Arthur in this fic made my heart leap for joy!

Random story comments:

You handled the rape really well! I’m glad we never had to actually like see the horrors of what happened.

I’m glad you had the Beast turn back to his human self! I don’t think it would have been right if he didn’t.

My heart totally goes SQUEE at Belle, Alexander and baby Gwen being a FAMILYY! I love family moments…and I love that the beast is a total father figure now. It’s just totally cute and I just fangirl about these things!

Also loved how all your chapter titles were song titles…I definitely caught on to that and I would like mentally sing part of the song before the chapter began and then I’d be looking to see how the chapter related to the song…IT WAS FUN STUFF…like a funfetti version of fanfiction…I don’t know if that comment makes any sense, but I’m going with it.

Also I happened to read “Redeeming Love” this past summer! I can definitely see how it influenced/inspired your writing!

I probably have other comments that I just can’t remember right now…sads. But I can’t wait to read your surely awesome oneshots about these characters! So I guess…look out for more reviews from me, haha.

Thanks for writing such a beautiful and magnificent story! I enjoyed it tremendously! (In case you couldn’t tell that already…;)

Nicole
Unavailablefornowon chapter 2 . 8/28/2012
why do people INSIST on abusing their characters. i swear, there isn't a fanfiction out there where the heroine doesn't get raped or beaten within an inch of her life. I know im complaining but it makes me sick. i can tell from your first two chapters that you're really talented writer but I. AM. DONE. Which sucks because I was REALLY looking forward to reading this. GGAHHH! :(
Jo85Pete chapter 33 . 8/24/2012
Loved it! your writing is clear fluid and powerful. It was an awesome version of a classic. Can't wait to read you other stuff.
melliemellie chapter 33 . 8/18/2012
I LOVE this! Just finished reading the whole thing from start to finish in one go-I couldn't put it down. It was well written and researched and the rape was very well used as part of the story. I think her reaction and way of coping through it were pretty realistic-not too mopey, but clearly deeply affected by it. Thanks for sharing :)
Nullan chapter 30 . 8/9/2012
LOL i knew it! i jest knew it! no disney princess would EVER give birth to a BOY! LOL LOL
I guess its true princesses create other princesses! LOL
MothBones chapter 33 . 7/30/2012
This is the best Beauty and the Beast fanfic.
There are no 'ifs', 'ands', or 'buts' about the matter.
I don't even know where to start. The Beast's/Alexander's musings. Gwen. LeFou actually having a character. The court drama.
Aha! The transformation didn't make all disappointed!
Oh. One thing that made me squirm is that babies don't usually start out with their permanent eye color. Ex. My mom was born with baby blue eyes and now they're green. I was born with dark grey eyes and now they're dark dark brown.
At least that's how it is with my family, I don't know about the rest of the babies out there.
MothBones chapter 33 . 7/30/2012
:O
'Impossible' was such a freaking amazing book, I cried when she was ploughing the land by the beach and he was all "screw this I'm going to help". That was just asghjhhjgjdfhstaw.
And now I'm crying. Shoot. c:
You're right about 'Beastly' it could've been better, but the movie was pure rubbish.
3 Napoli. You have to read Zel and Spinners.
The latter of the two made me cry. I cry easily.
712 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »