Reviews for Kissed by a Rose
KYfarmergirl chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
Never thought that all that could have happened because of a tragic love between the prince's parents. I really like your version and now I can empathize more with him. I'm definately sticking around for more. ;)
HisJoy chapter 12 . 10/7/2009
I really like what you have done with this story, it's a very interesting and more mature twist to the original plot.
shortstef chapter 12 . 10/5/2009
Another great chapter. I always wondered if Belle had somehow guessed that the Beast was once human, especially after seeing the portrait. Surely it wouldn't be that hard to put two and two together. I like how you've hinted at her knowledge here but also had her dismiss it as simply not possible as the Beast is such an animal at this stage, both physically and mentally. I think its going to take much more than a wolf chase and a snowball fight to convince her otherwise in your story's universe!
teardrop chapter 12 . 10/4/2009
Please update soon!
Kayasuri-n chapter 12 . 10/4/2009
Yet another chapter that's a lot like the movie, but we get more of Belle's mindset (which, you have to admit, is sorely necessary- why the HECK did she go into the West Wing after being forbidden?) and she starts to puzzle things out. And I like your timeline better. Instead of being all one night, the way it seemed to be with the movie, it's night then the next day. Much more realistic.

And Belle gets to visit people stuck in the rooms! Nice of her. Uh, Lumiere, no one gets what you're trying to pass on to Cogsworth, let alone Cogsworth. Seriously, try passing notes.

(And does anyone but me see the irony in Cogsworth being a clock, Lumiere being a candelabra, and Mrs. Potts being a POT? Or were the movie writers being as bad with names as I am, usually?)
TrudiRose chapter 12 . 10/3/2009
I totally agree with your Author's Note - I never understood it either! If a monster that had imprisoned me warned me not to go into the West Wing, I sure wouldn't go! But I think you did a great job of exploring Belle's thoughts and reasoning. I like that your Belle is figuring things out logically, wondering if the objects were formerly inanimate or formerly human, then realizing they must have been human based on the things they've said, and later recognizing the Beast's eyes in the prince's portrait. Very nice.

I really like Lumiere's regaling Belle with tales of scandals about the various rooms - very in-character.

Your descriptions are wonderful, as always. I especially love this phrase: "She was suddenly overcome with the desire to know. The onset of her curiosity was like a physical thing draping over her shoulders."

I also like that Belle is beginning to think about her child's future, hoping he can rise above his origins.

Great chapter!
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 11 . 9/27/2009
Well this was fantastic. The Master recognizes that he needs to figure out a way to make amends with Belle. Belle is trying to slowly figure out the mystery of the enchanted castle. And fairly soon she will see almost all there is to see of her new home. Update soon!

~Chica~
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 10 . 9/27/2009
And so now a few know of Belle's condition. But it'd probably be best if the Master knew, because things could get very ugly if he has to find out on his own...

~Chica~
shortstef chapter 11 . 9/25/2009
Nice character-orientated chapter there. I like all the small details you're putting into this story to make it seem more interesting and believeable.
Kayasuri-n chapter 11 . 9/24/2009
As far as the French title goes, I honestly had no idea that was what it was supposed to be called. Then again, I can't speak or read French, so there you go.

Alas, you've caught up to yourself! Slower updates, which mean the readers are stuck mourning after you until you've updated! Ah, well, suffering builds character, right? Or gives your writing readers a chance to work on their own things. Eh heh.

Character building is great, even if it's tricky to review. Everyone seems exactly as they should be. Belle's dress being slightly snug... Is that going to come up soon? (I thought she was going to go to the West Wing, y'know, get lost- but I guess not. You have a Plan and I cannot predict it. As it should be.)
ray1 chapter 10 . 9/21/2009
Well... I love your story, and I hope you continue on with it.
Kayasuri-n chapter 10 . 9/21/2009
So yet again, I was only allowed to read the last chapter at work. -exhasperated- But, at last, I'm able to read (and review) at home! Huzzah!

You're right, Belle IS normally considerate of the servants- and her reasons are much more, well, reasonable in this case. And Mrs. Potts is a clever, observant lady.

Poor Belle. Yeah, sweetheart, you'd better tell Beast first. Unless he's a complete dunderhead (which I'm not ruling out) he'll be upset on your behalf.
gwenhyfar1472 chapter 10 . 9/20/2009
Very astute of Ms. Potts to realize what was going on. I am curious though about Belle being so accepting of her pregnancy, does she long for a child? Does she not have any thoughts of the baby being part of Gaston or has she just put that aside that this is HER baby? Just wondering of her thought process is all. I am very much enjoying your story and am looking forward to an update
EarthGurdian chapter 10 . 9/20/2009
Well it seems like the rest of the staff will find out about what is going on in the next 24 hours and the Beast well he will be enlightened or still in the dark, well just wait and see. Though I am looking forward to that part since it seems like it will be very interesting when it does come. I really liked the change in the script from the movie and well it does make a lot more sense now, plus the part with Mrs. Potts figuring out what was going on first was brillent. Who better to know if your having a child than one who has had one. So I shall be waiting for the next chapter with batted breathe. Until then.

~EarthGurdian
TrudiRose chapter 10 . 9/20/2009
I love Mrs. Potts realizing Belle's condition! It's great that you're breaking away from the movie and getting more into Belle's situation!

I'm curious about how Belle feels about the baby. So far she's been thinking in purely practical terms: i.e. "I should eat something for the baby"; "in the castle I'm safe from the villagers' prying eyes," etc. I think she focuses on these practical issues to avoid facing her emotions. But eventually, she will have to face them.

So, how will she feel then? Does she have any resentment that Gaston not only violated her, but planted part of himself in her, growing in her? Is she conflicted about this child, created in an act of violence, who will possibly resemble his father? Or does she feel that this new life is the only GOOD thing to come out of this horror, love it unconditionally and vow that it will be hers alone, not tainted by its father? What does she envision the baby's future to be like - especially now, being a prisoner in a monster's castle?

I'm eager to see where the story goes!
704 | « Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 .. Last Next »