Reviews for Kissed by a Rose
TrudiRose chapter 9 . 9/20/2009
I liked Beast's dream, and I really like the way you did his thoughts in this chapter. You have a very good grasp of his character. I also liked him realizing he'd made a mistake.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed by the "come down to dinner" scene, because you told it entirely from Beast's point of view...and the thing is, we already KNOW Beast's point of view. In the movie, we see that scene from Beast's POV: we're standing outside the door, watching him pound on it and hearing Belle's voice from inside. And it's obvious what he feels in that scene: frustrated and angry that she's defying him. It doesn't need to be explained.

To me, it would have been far more interesting to explore Belle'S feelings in this scene, because in this AU, Belle is the one variable that's DIFFERENT from the movie. In this story, everything is same as the movie except for Belle's situation - and by extension, how that situation affects her character, feelings and behavior. So I think focusing on Beast (who is the SAME as in the movie) is a wasted opportunity.

Having said that, I do like the fact that you varied a dialogue a bit, and as I said, I do like Beast having a moment of realization at the end.

As always, everything I say is JMO!
Miss Lyra chapter 9 . 9/20/2009
I just found this story and I LOVED it! Please update soon, ~Lyra. *dashes off to read your other stories*
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 9 . 9/18/2009
Oh boy! So I liked the little changes you made in this chapter. In the movie the Beast never acknowledged Belle's desire to be given a choice. And I like how he was forced to see that he was taking away all of hers. This was so good! Update soon!

Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 8 . 9/18/2009
Oh boy. Fun stuff. Refusing the master's orders to dinner. How entertaining.

Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 7 . 9/18/2009
Little changes here and there. I'm liking it!

Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 6 . 9/18/2009
Oh. That's just heartbreaking.

Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 5 . 9/18/2009
Aw, this was more of a depressing chapter. Still so beautifully written though.

Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 4 . 9/18/2009
Oh, she got away. But she's only leaving one troubled place to go into another.

Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 3 . 9/18/2009
Good good. Next chapter here I come!

Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 2 . 9/18/2009
OH! Oh my gosh. Wow. So good!

Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Wow. What a powerful start to this story. It's really good. I'm going onto the next chapter now.

Kayasuri-n chapter 8 . 9/15/2009
Okay, sorry for not reviewing last chapter, but the site was being wonky and would only let me read it at work, where I CAN'T log in. -sweatdrop- So far, we're following the movie script, but I can just tell we're going to hang a left soon enough! Honestly, apart from the few mentions of Belle's pregnancy and some slight deviation from the movie script, it's about the same. Not that it's a bad thing, it just makes it tricky to comment...
TrudiRose chapter 8 . 9/15/2009
Best line in this chapter: "She also tried not to think about how a teapot could beget a teacup in the first place." LOL!

I also like the historical accuracy of mentioning that most used honey for sweetening, and that only the wealthy could afford sugar. Nice touch.

I'm very curious to see if Belle's reaction to the Beast's threats to break down the door will be different from in the movie, since in this AU, her defiance to an aggressive male in the past led to violence. Maybe she'll be more frightened this time...or maybe she'll start dragging furniture in front of the door to bar it and protect herself...there's lots of possibilities!
EarthGurdian chapter 7 . 9/14/2009
Wow, I don't think I have anything to say about what I have read in the last few chapters to describe what it is that I'm feeling. I mean this in a good way, of course. At this point I'm glad that they have met and that things seem to be going great and I love how you give us a bit of the Beast's Point of View as well as Belle's. Also I like how you are giving the Beast signs that Belle is pregnant but not saying so outright. I can't wait to read more and to see how this unfolds. Until then.

~EarthGurdian
TrudiRose chapter 6 . 9/12/2009
I really love the descriptions of the castle here - very vivid! And I like the way Belle's awareness of her coming child affects her thoughts as she decides whether to stay. But I confess that I find myself skimming over the movie dialogue - I'm eagerly looking forward to the next chapters, because now that she's here, the story can break away from the movie more!

(Oh, and the story you were trying to remember in your author's note last chapter was one of mine, called "Second Chance.")
704 | « Prev Page 1 .. 36 43 44 45 46 47 Next »