Reviews for Kissed by a Rose
TrudiRose chapter 3 . 9/10/2009
I really, REALLY like this! It's fascinating to see how Belle has changed as a result: she's still Belle, but much more cautious and hesitant and anxious, not so confident and optimistic...and yet still a survivor, constantly thinking and strategizing and figuring out how best to protect herself AND escape her situation, determined that she will NOT give in. Excellent job!
Kayasuri-n chapter 3 . 9/9/2009
Gaston. Is a. BASTARD. Gah! That- words do not do justice. Yes, the seeds of his bastard-ness was there in the movie, especially Mob-scene Gaston. You've just taken it that one step further. Ugh, reading the part with him in it left a bad taste in my mouth. Congradulations, I do believe, for you the writer.

Belle is still ringing authentic. Poor girl, she's going to get an ulcer from the stress. Though, I do wonder how her pregnancy is going to figure into her plans, when she's deciding whether to trade herself for her father. I look forward to an answer to my questions, and sincerely hope something suitably nasty happens to Gaston in the near future. A pig's wallow is NOT justice enough.

Maybe an axe... It's not like he NEEDS all of his limbs, right?
EarthGurdian chapter 3 . 9/9/2009
Well things are looking good so far. I really like how this is going and you are doing a wonderful job of making the characters believable even with the change of attitude due to change in age and events. Plus it being an AU it would stand to reason that while some events remain the same others will change either dramatically or only slightly. So again you have done a wonderful job and I hope to see more updates soon.

~EarthGurdian
Kayasuri-n chapter 2 . 9/8/2009
Well this is new. Completely unexpected. I am impressed, at how you're dealing with the characters. And the second last line- brilliant.

Dealing with the Beast (have you already figured out what his name is to be?) was beautiful. I especially adore how you made him older, which is much more reasonable, but that's not what I loved the most. The part dealing with his parents, and his relationship with them... As well as his father locking himself up in the West Wing... Well! I can't wait to see how Beast's character develops.

And Belle! Poor thing- Gaston is a nasty, terrible person and I do so hope he gets his comeupance. Fatally, y'know? Belle's reaction to him is absolutely perfect, as is- I should assume- her reasons for not calling the authorities on him. That day and age... Heck, even this day and age... Anyways.

Belle being pregnant is an interesting plot twist, and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Story has been added to my favorites.
EarthGurdian chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
Hey there, long time no see. Sorry about that I've been so busy with classes that I haven't had much free time to read Echos. But I'm liking how this story is going and it a little differnt from what you have done before. I know this drives you crazy but I can't help myself. I'm wondering how this is going to affect Belle's relationship to the Beast when he finds out she's pregnant. I'm also wondering how this is going to change the story line and I'm looking forward to finding out. But Gaston, or the Gaston character, is definatly capable of doing something like Rape. So I hope you are well and to be reading another wonderfully written chapter soon.

~EarthGurdian
TrudiRose chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
I'm really intrigued by this! I like the way the framework is starting out like the movie, yet going in a different direction, with this added mystery of Belle's problem. Great so far!
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
I like this beginning! You did an excellent job on the prince's backstory!
712 | « Prev Page 1 .. 38 45 46 47 48