Reviews for Kissed by a Rose
my-secret-garden chapter 17 . 5/29/2016
Ok, I really dont know where to start as the last few chapters are full of things to talk about. The confrontation between the Beast and Belle in chapter 13? Flawless. I started to fear you would make Belle some kind of Mary-Sue character with no human fear at all, but her reactions are put in great, she is very scared but also sick of being treated like that. The Beast? Man, everything you made him think and say was right. The same counts for the next tree chapters. It is interessting to see how they both have to get along even while they do feel uncomfortable around each other, and at the same time they are once again forced to work out the past as well. They have both a lot to think about and it is good that you give them time to do so. Also the part with the liberary was really good. You know, I always believed actually that in all the years the curse was going on the prince started really to forget how to be a human (like walking and reading) and if he never found love, he would have become a real beast. Like in Pixars "Brave" where the queen would have become a real animal if the bond was not restored. A truelly dark fate, to have your soul inprisoned in a body without human memories...
It will take a bit more time until I can read further, as I have exames to preapare. If you wanna stalk me, you can find me on tumblr .com
my-secret-garden chapter 12 . 5/25/2016
Here I am again :) What I really loved about chapter 9 was the first part, where you talk about the Beasts thoughts on his new prisoner. It is again great to see how much understanding you have on the characters and the "time" they live in- like thinking about Belles position in society. Also the Christmas-dream part was very clever. The argueing between the Beast and Belle is also done right, marking a good transition to the next chapter. Oh, I just notice there are too many good things to talk about! Chapter 10 and the talk between Belle and Lumiere and Mrs Potts and Cogsworth ! So dear. And the meal in chapter 11 is great too, not a big show with singing and still fun. And then chapter 12. It is interesting how you put some informations for Belle now and then about the castle and its inhabitans. Also the fact that the rose can "talk". Good idea.
Your note says you did not like the West Wing sequence. I liked how it was creepy and scary. Wouldnt it be normal to be scared at a place like that?
my-secret-garden chapter 8 . 5/21/2016
So, while I thought to review every single chapter, it is maybe easier to take a few at once, as this is actually not a real review but a comment of some sort... I dont know, I apriciate your work, so you deserve a comment.
Anyway, chapter 5 is very nice described, I like it how you made him think what to do with Maurice. "Some old crazy man could not break the spell for sure and why did he let his little child alone at home anyway?" is an interesting characterisation of the Beasts motivation. The next two chapters are as interessting, describing the intimidating and manacing presence of the Beast, Maurice love for his daughter and Belles thoughts on her condition. How save her father? How help her unborn child? What I also noticed is how you never made Belle hate the child, I mean, it would also be unlogical, for what fault does the unborn baby have? You always describe what a awfull and hard situation Belle is in, how disgussting Gaston was, how he in the end took her away her chance to marry any one at all, but still Belle always thinks first what would be the best for the baby, her father and at last, herself. Very in yes, now in chapter 8 we are introduced to some inhabitans of the castle, like Mrs. Potts.
Sorry for my bad english, and I cant wait to continue reading :)
Until soon
my-secret-garden chapter 4 . 5/17/2016
So, first chapters read :)
I know you are just starting off with setting the story, so my note will be only short. The characters are just as they should, the changes you made are very good done until now. The situation you put Belle in could have had turned out distasteful but you choose the words so wisely and thoughtful that it is a pleasure to read. I mean, its horible what happend to her, omg, poor good Belle, she does not deserve that, but again you choose it so that it proves Gastons charcter.
My english is not that good, so Ill talking and read further :)
my-secret-garden chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
Here I am, like promised, reading your re-telling of the well known Disney BatB, "Kissed By A Rose".
As I mentioned before Im always sceptical towards such choices, but you made a great start. The back story is well decided, especially the part about his parents. I like it how you describe them, very deep in love, but how a tragic turn of events tears them apart, leading to their both dead. It is also interesting how this effected the young prince. You made his character very clear. A spoiled, but good and sensetive hearted child, who entrusts himself to coldness and bitterness, fearing that love is just a cruel illusion.
I hope to make a small review to all your chapters, as I already feel sorry that I discovered your talent first now...
Untill soon!
Guest chapter 33 . 4/29/2016
You said you were upset that they changed the book in the movie, but the movie was made before the musical, and the musical was based off of the movie so… Romeo and Juliet was before King Arthur.
clhill25 chapter 4 . 4/4/2016
this was a very lovely story! thank you
Ana chapter 33 . 3/27/2016
I absolutely love this story! I am in love with (almost) anything to do with Beauty and the Beast, and this is by far one of the best I've read. Also love that this is not some short story less than 1 page long. Thank you so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/7/2016
I really loved this story! I grew up watching and reading fairy tales. Now that I'm older I love when authors write a new spin to the beloved classic stories, but you went above and beyond that! You explained the feelings and emotions of the story and made it more real than the original! Several times in your authors notes you wrote that you didn't understand why the character had done this or this never fit or made sense. I think so often we grow up with Disney stories and know them all by heart so we overlook plot errors. You didn't do that, you explianed them and added new meaning to situations. You explored deep into the characters and plot and created a beautiful story.
Guest chapter 33 . 1/22/2016
scottishchief90 chapter 33 . 1/20/2016
Beautifully written. Thank you! :)
Bragation chapter 21 . 1/5/2016
Truly well-written, clever and beautiful. The kind of fanfictions I'm going to read and read again.
WreckItRalphFan chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
I loved it! Definitely my new favorite BATB fanfic ever! Beautifully written and amazing plot twists, great job!
Abelizsm chapter 33 . 1/3/2016
Wonderful!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/22/2015
I have liked most of what I've read so far. That being said, when I tried to find an Arthurian legend like the one you talk about, I end up confused. The only one I can find that has that riddle is The Marriage of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnelle. The thing is, in that story the riddle comes from a knight who defeats Arthur, not from Guinevere. Also, Gawain doesn't force himself on anyone. So I find myself wondering, did you take elements from that story and create something new to go with your fanfiction? I am trying to keep an open mind and I like your story overall. I just happen to like Arthurian legends a lot. Gawain is a favorite of mine. The idea of someone turning him into a rapist bothers me, particularly because of the Green Knight story. I mean, if Gawain can say no when an attractive woman keeps throwing herself at him then he should have enough self restrain to keep himself from raping someone. I understand that fanfiction is all about coming up with twists or new pieces of other peoples stories, and if you are using a pre-existing Arthurian story that is just difficult to find, then I am sorry for doubting you. I just don't like the idea of a character being twisted like that so unnecessarily. Well done on everything else though.
704 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »