Reviews for Kissed by a Rose
Guest chapter 20 . 10/2/2016
oh girl you got me good... that last line had me. shivers. haha
Guest chapter 33 . 9/7/2016
I was going to avoid this story, because of the mature content, (thank you for that warning, btw.) but then I read every other Beauty and the Beast fic you have and got addicted. (Thanks for that too...) earlier in one of your Author's Notes, you asked for your readers to tell you how they found your story. How I found it is simple. I stalked your profile. On that note, my review of the story is that you did a remarkable job. I really admire your ability to fearlessly face intimidating issues in your works. Each story of yours I've read is like reading the classic tale again for the first time. Thank you for sharing your works.
Angellovee chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
I love it already
my-secret-garden chapter 33 . 7/2/2016
Here I am again at last and for the last time in this story. What a journey I went through is hard to put in words. Every chapter, every paragraph, every line, every word was an experiance I will always remember. I already before mentiond some of my thoughts on the changes you made to the Disney version, so I wont repeat them again.
One last word. This chapter (and the whole story) was briliant, with much thought put into it. Thank you.

P.S. I just noticed you have a new story "Rose and Saffron" Ill start to read it as soon as I can. If you want you can find me on myfanfictiongarden . tumblr . com
iamsherlocked2018 chapter 33 . 7/1/2016
This was such an amazing story, and you're such an amazing writer! I wish all the best of luck to you!P.S.: You're now, officially, my favorite author on here :D
my-secret-garden chapter 32 . 6/18/2016
And here I go again. Chapter 28 was amazing. The confrontation between the Beast and Gaston, the talk, the action, the character growth. And as much as this chapter had action, the next is just… pure everything! I love it how you describe things, it feels so real (I love Miyazakis movies too, you are right about that detail). Chapter 30 is wonderful too, full of love and fluff! Gwen will have wonderful parents. The next two chapters are great too, much character, oh, and a big cliffhanger :)
Ill be back soon for the finale.
my-secret-garden chapter 27 . 6/15/2016
Oh my… where do I start?! So much hapend, I mean really much! First, you dont have to apologize for chapter 23. It was a tuff one to put in words, and you made it as it only could have been made. And the next one was so emotional dear, like he really loves her, he really does! and the dinner, and how he wanted to talk and couldnt and, and, and…! And the next two chapters really got me. Like a bomb. As you already changed circumstances around the story, it is only fitting what you did, and still- you got really dark with Gaston, didnt you? In chapter 27 it was really nice to see a bit of Maurice and his reaction. I always loved him!
Well, and now comes the big finale.
my-secret-garden chapter 22 . 6/6/2016
Hi, here I am again. Its been a while. Chapter 18 was very simple, but less is often more, and it this case it was perfect. The talk Belle and the Beast had about the book was very interessting, and the smal hints Beast gives about his past is enough for us and Belle to form ourself a good picture of it (even while we know more). And the next chapter was full of great things. The old Christmas-Log tradition, the talk about wishes and-my favorite- when Belle reads the Nativity story with the Beast. The whole scene you created tells just so much that I dont know how to describe it. And chapter 20 is amazing as well! Next one was just pure fluff and just so good fluff :)
And yes, the second part of chapter 22 truelly stands out with everything, but the first part was great too.
See ya soon.
my-secret-garden chapter 17 . 5/29/2016
Ok, I really dont know where to start as the last few chapters are full of things to talk about. The confrontation between the Beast and Belle in chapter 13? Flawless. I started to fear you would make Belle some kind of Mary-Sue character with no human fear at all, but her reactions are put in great, she is very scared but also sick of being treated like that. The Beast? Man, everything you made him think and say was right. The same counts for the next tree chapters. It is interessting to see how they both have to get along even while they do feel uncomfortable around each other, and at the same time they are once again forced to work out the past as well. They have both a lot to think about and it is good that you give them time to do so. Also the part with the liberary was really good. You know, I always believed actually that in all the years the curse was going on the prince started really to forget how to be a human (like walking and reading) and if he never found love, he would have become a real beast. Like in Pixars "Brave" where the queen would have become a real animal if the bond was not restored. A truelly dark fate, to have your soul inprisoned in a body without human memories...
It will take a bit more time until I can read further, as I have exames to preapare. If you wanna stalk me, you can find me on tumblr .com
my-secret-garden chapter 12 . 5/25/2016
Here I am again :) What I really loved about chapter 9 was the first part, where you talk about the Beasts thoughts on his new prisoner. It is again great to see how much understanding you have on the characters and the "time" they live in- like thinking about Belles position in society. Also the Christmas-dream part was very clever. The argueing between the Beast and Belle is also done right, marking a good transition to the next chapter. Oh, I just notice there are too many good things to talk about! Chapter 10 and the talk between Belle and Lumiere and Mrs Potts and Cogsworth ! So dear. And the meal in chapter 11 is great too, not a big show with singing and still fun. And then chapter 12. It is interesting how you put some informations for Belle now and then about the castle and its inhabitans. Also the fact that the rose can "talk". Good idea.
Your note says you did not like the West Wing sequence. I liked how it was creepy and scary. Wouldnt it be normal to be scared at a place like that?
my-secret-garden chapter 8 . 5/21/2016
So, while I thought to review every single chapter, it is maybe easier to take a few at once, as this is actually not a real review but a comment of some sort... I dont know, I apriciate your work, so you deserve a comment.
Anyway, chapter 5 is very nice described, I like it how you made him think what to do with Maurice. "Some old crazy man could not break the spell for sure and why did he let his little child alone at home anyway?" is an interesting characterisation of the Beasts motivation. The next two chapters are as interessting, describing the intimidating and manacing presence of the Beast, Maurice love for his daughter and Belles thoughts on her condition. How save her father? How help her unborn child? What I also noticed is how you never made Belle hate the child, I mean, it would also be unlogical, for what fault does the unborn baby have? You always describe what a awfull and hard situation Belle is in, how disgussting Gaston was, how he in the end took her away her chance to marry any one at all, but still Belle always thinks first what would be the best for the baby, her father and at last, herself. Very in yes, now in chapter 8 we are introduced to some inhabitans of the castle, like Mrs. Potts.
Sorry for my bad english, and I cant wait to continue reading :)
Until soon
my-secret-garden chapter 4 . 5/17/2016
So, first chapters read :)
I know you are just starting off with setting the story, so my note will be only short. The characters are just as they should, the changes you made are very good done until now. The situation you put Belle in could have had turned out distasteful but you choose the words so wisely and thoughtful that it is a pleasure to read. I mean, its horible what happend to her, omg, poor good Belle, she does not deserve that, but again you choose it so that it proves Gastons charcter.
My english is not that good, so Ill talking and read further :)
my-secret-garden chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
Here I am, like promised, reading your re-telling of the well known Disney BatB, "Kissed By A Rose".
As I mentioned before Im always sceptical towards such choices, but you made a great start. The back story is well decided, especially the part about his parents. I like it how you describe them, very deep in love, but how a tragic turn of events tears them apart, leading to their both dead. It is also interesting how this effected the young prince. You made his character very clear. A spoiled, but good and sensetive hearted child, who entrusts himself to coldness and bitterness, fearing that love is just a cruel illusion.
I hope to make a small review to all your chapters, as I already feel sorry that I discovered your talent first now...
Untill soon!
Guest chapter 33 . 4/29/2016
You said you were upset that they changed the book in the movie, but the movie was made before the musical, and the musical was based off of the movie so… Romeo and Juliet was before King Arthur.
clhill25 chapter 4 . 4/4/2016
this was a very lovely story! thank you
712 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »