Reviews for Kissed by a Rose
Ana chapter 33 . 3/27/2016
I absolutely love this story! I am in love with (almost) anything to do with Beauty and the Beast, and this is by far one of the best I've read. Also love that this is not some short story less than 1 page long. Thank you so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/7/2016
I really loved this story! I grew up watching and reading fairy tales. Now that I'm older I love when authors write a new spin to the beloved classic stories, but you went above and beyond that! You explained the feelings and emotions of the story and made it more real than the original! Several times in your authors notes you wrote that you didn't understand why the character had done this or this never fit or made sense. I think so often we grow up with Disney stories and know them all by heart so we overlook plot errors. You didn't do that, you explianed them and added new meaning to situations. You explored deep into the characters and plot and created a beautiful story.
Guest chapter 33 . 1/22/2016
scottishchief90 chapter 33 . 1/20/2016
Beautifully written. Thank you! :)
Bragation chapter 21 . 1/5/2016
Truly well-written, clever and beautiful. The kind of fanfictions I'm going to read and read again.
WreckItRalphFan chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
I loved it! Definitely my new favorite BATB fanfic ever! Beautifully written and amazing plot twists, great job!
Abelizsm chapter 33 . 1/3/2016
Wonderful!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/22/2015
I have liked most of what I've read so far. That being said, when I tried to find an Arthurian legend like the one you talk about, I end up confused. The only one I can find that has that riddle is The Marriage of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnelle. The thing is, in that story the riddle comes from a knight who defeats Arthur, not from Guinevere. Also, Gawain doesn't force himself on anyone. So I find myself wondering, did you take elements from that story and create something new to go with your fanfiction? I am trying to keep an open mind and I like your story overall. I just happen to like Arthurian legends a lot. Gawain is a favorite of mine. The idea of someone turning him into a rapist bothers me, particularly because of the Green Knight story. I mean, if Gawain can say no when an attractive woman keeps throwing herself at him then he should have enough self restrain to keep himself from raping someone. I understand that fanfiction is all about coming up with twists or new pieces of other peoples stories, and if you are using a pre-existing Arthurian story that is just difficult to find, then I am sorry for doubting you. I just don't like the idea of a character being twisted like that so unnecessarily. Well done on everything else though.
Iakobos chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
I like your spin on the enchantress' motives. The curse put upon the prince seems more justifiable.
Bragation chapter 10 . 12/13/2015
This is so realistic, I could really believe that the true characters were in front of me ! The scene with Cogsworth is very funny. It is a quite emotionnal chapter, but it is good that she finds some comfort.

PS: I am French too, so I really love when you write some sentences in my language . But Lumière is a "Maître d'hôtel" not "Maître d'". "D'" is simply a little word like "of".
The Irish Snow Q chapter 1 . 12/5/2015
This one of my favourite Fanfiction. Er, cannot think what else to say
ILoveGoodBooks777 chapter 20 . 9/27/2015
You don't know how excited I was to finally see a BatB fanfiction were Belle KNEW THE PORTRAIT OF THE BOY WAS ACTUALLY THE BEAST! Every other fic usually says something about her seeing the eyes somewhere before but that usually is where it ends because pretty soon after, she gets distracted by the rose.

I'm always shocked because I know Belle isn't stupid. She's sharp enough to put two and two together and she should have guessed just from a glance. After all, it's not everyday you see human eyes on something not human.

PS. I'm totally in love with this story! :))) Off to resume reading it.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/19/2015
thank you for adding in the bonjour! part. It is probably the only word I know in French.
Drepanididae chapter 33 . 9/16/2015
This was a privilege and a gem of a read. I loved how rich the characters were, who you made the story seem to parallel the original canon and the moments you do diverge from the original story showed off your ability to write an awesome new spin on a timeless classic. I especially liked how you developed the characters, gave them motives for their actions, and made them more realistic, less perfect (Belle's condition being a great example of this). Keep up the great work and if you come up with another literary idea, start penning it, you never know it'll probably be as great as this one was.
Raven J. Haile chapter 33 . 8/8/2015
This was breathtakingly beautiful. Gwen sounds like a darling and both Belle and Alexander are marvelous together. I adore this story, absolutely my top favorite. :3
712 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »