Reviews for One shot, one kill
Actually-Fen-Harel chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Interesting dynamics going in there. I liked it, though the description was a bit much here and there. I'll take a look at your other fics in a bit. :)
Lady Amiee chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Bloody hell woman you've done it again. I can see your passion for guns in this. The description, the feel of it ... only someone who loves guns as much as you do could put that much passion into it. I loved this, and the end ... with her giving him her gun. Nice touch, really made me smile. Prose is excellent, as it always is for you, taking something as terrifying as battle and turning it into art, sheer poetic art ... it's your talent. Well done, love it.
Yoruki Hiiragizawa chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Wow! This story made me breathless. I almost felt as if I was the one running from one side to the other trying to draw the geth sniper's fire.

I liked the way you worked the reasoning behind Shepard's choice, and working on such an introspective subject without 'dropping the ball' on the action actually requires skill. You also was able to cover Shepard's convictions, relationships and strategic mind with propriety in a very short space and few words.

On Garrus' account, you did a very good job on trailing his change of heart while working with Shepard and pointing out the way her guidance made him a better - person? - turian. It was interesting to see that her moral code imputing actually made him start doubting his own skills, though - especially when compared to the first time Shepard sees Garrus in combat and his 'shooting the merc that held Dr. Michel hostage' was just outright cocky. And now we see him actually feeling the weight of his actions before anything happening.

One thing that really had me was your description of the moment he takes the shot. The heartbeat counting, the breathing pattern, the muscle movement... such a richness in detail. I almost feel like being the one taking the shot.

And Shepard giving Garrus her sniper rifle at the end was definitely a treat. Very befitting to the whole feel of the story.

All and all, a very good story you have here.
Full-Paragon chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Garrus Vakarian: The best shot in Citadel Space. Glad to see some "trust building exercises" going on here :)
Hoplite39 chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Enjoyable story. I like the idea of demonstrating the growth of relationships in moments of action and danger.

It's nice to read about some ME1 action. Those fond days of hopes and dreams.
Inkess chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
I love stories where Garrus kicks ass, and this is no exception. That "Hurry up, dammit" moment on Shep's side was perfect. I also have a feeling that this will end with testing her flexibility in ME2. Poor Kaidan :)

Another great moment when Garrus forces himself to calm down. I wish I could do that. When I'm nervous... I freak out and nothing can help me.

Great job, as always!
Vergil1989 the Crossover King chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Damn, that geth sniper never had a chance did it? Nice little piece of work here Kendoka Girl.
thebluninja chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Awww ... I'm assuming that this leads into an ME2 Shakarian. Poor widdle Garrus, back when he was all naive and innocent! Good writing, especially Shep's feeling of "Oh shit, c'mon already!" while attempting to dodge.
LegionN7 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Im quite partial to sniper stories, and this one was amazing. The attention to shot detail was well done, and the perspective shifts were well timed.
TenyumeKasumi chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Here from RT! Well, I'm aware this story of yours is rather old but man, it's still good! More than good - it was excellently executed! I especially like the parts from Garrus' POV and how the writing expresses his tenseness and how he still remains calm despite the whole situation. It is interesting the bit about a shot being off by five metres because of a heartbeat - is it true? I don't know anything about guns. xD

I really like your writing - the story flows well, the characters are well and suitably expressed, sentences are fluid and well constructed and no spelling errors! Yay! :D

The only one, minor thing that stands to me (though this is largely my personal preference) is that you wrote turians and krogans with caps (ie. Turian, Krogan etc). Because human(s) is never written with a capital H unless it's the first word of a sentence, I've always found this a bit weird. But it's something very minor and if you prefer it your usual way, then by all means. :D
ghorka chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Great story. I love the conceptnof Garrison finding his honor again. Well done!
Jelfia Maleak chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
ah. that was great, i like how you kept us in suspends on Shepard's status..
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Once again, very nice story! Love interaction b/w Garrus and Shepard.

Thank you again for letting me read and thanks as well for the dedication.

Domo!
Cate Lynn chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Well done. I liked it a lot. :) I think you did a good job with Garrus, and I especially liked the little thought he has about humans being like turians in that they're not all the same, since Kaidan had come to the same realization. It was a nice perspective twist.

The ending was touching and made me feel proud of Garrus. :D
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Very nice! Glad to see you're still in the game!

I found this to be a very interesting look into the roles that the crew of the Normandy fulfill. Garrus and Shepard's viewpoints came across powerfully and with unique inner voices. I also love the motto of 'One Shot, One Kill' and I can see how that would be a pretty much universal creed amongst elite sharpshooters.

Thanks for writing!