Reviews for Not Always the Enemy
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
That was excellent! You did a really good job of conveying the boys' love for each other, particularly in Sam's panic when he couldn't find Dean, and then Dean's guilt when he realised what he'd done to Sam. Made me nostalgic for season 1! But hopefully they'll find each other again in season 5.
shelby02 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Nothing gets by Dean. Great job. I love it when the boys take care of each other.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Great fic. Loved the fact that not everything supernatural in this fic was evil, creating a nice balance. Sam creeping up on a concussed and injured Dean wasn't his best idea, getting a knife wound in the process. Loved how he tried to hide the fact from Dean that he had caused the wound but Dean guessed anyway, much to his horror. Awesome how both brothers took care of the other, we missed that in Season 4 and perfect brotherly banter at the end. Dean making his comment about being the reincarnation of Ghandi, prompting Sam's comical remark.

An enjoyable read, thanks.
lili20 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Thank you for the awesome story! It was nice to go back to a time when Sam didn't feel the need to take care of his own injuries.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Oh there are so many things to love about this fic! The monsters, the creepy atmosphere, the whumpage and the care-taking! You certainly when know the perfect recipe for fics!

Not all folklore and supernatural things are murderous and evil and it’s nice to be reminded of that, to have a break from all the darkness. The Marfa lights, were great a refreshing spin and it's good to know that something is on the boys side, watching their backs. Maybe they could pop up again in a future fic?

And as always the boys were spot on! Dean's hunter instinct was still as strong as ever despite a head injury and I liked his reaction when he realised he was responsible for Sam's injury. Likewise, I enjoyed Sam taking full reasonability for his actions on surprising Dean, knowing that he probably shouldn't have.

Lovely enjoyable action packed read! Until next time, take care, Abbi
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Hehehe That last bit was cute.

Sam screwed up grabbing Dean like that, but it turned out okay in the end.

Great fic! Nice hurt/comfort on both sides. :)
carocali chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
“Dean, there’s a lot of good out there, too, you know,” Sam said softly as he finished up. “Sometimes we forget, staring at the darkness all the time, but it’s there.”

I really like that, and that it means different things for each of them.

Nice work, as always!

:D
marinawings chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
great story! i tried to review it last night, but my computer needed some exorcising, so... here i am! :) anyways, i love this one. the brother dynamic is powerful and awesome, and the plot is rife with suspense and intensity and drama and surprises. wonderfulness.
anime-loon chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Fantastic storyline as usual! I ADORE your fanfics - the brothers' personalities have been portrayed so well! Oh and I now have a mental image of Sam as a huge Saint Bernard with a huge Alsatian as Dean next to him _

One mistake - I'm assuming you meant Mahatma Gandhi the pacifist - if so, the spelling is wrong. Hate to pick faults but this is pretty minor and doesn't really detract from the fanfic, I'm just being anal and Gandhi-obsessive :)
Ash8 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Another wonderfull story. Jammed packed with bro!love. :D

Thank you.

xx
Onari chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Great one, babe! The moment Dean realized what he had done and simply asked for the knife was great, and Sam's been a rock all through the story, but still knew when it was good to let his own guard down, for both their sakes.

Thanks for sharing!

L xx
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Enjoyed, thank you!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Another wonderful story.

What a nice twist that the lights showed Sam where to find Dean.

I could imagine even injuried Dean would have still tried to defend himself first, before realizing that it was Sam who had touched him. Though like how Sam was able to defend himself too.

Of course loved the moments between Dean and Sam as first Sam took care of Dean and later Dean helped Sam.

I could picture Dean's face when he realized that he was the one that had stabbed Sam, 'just violated his prime directive, the one inviolate rule of his life: protecting his little brother.'

Enjoyed reading your story, thanks for sharing it with us.
Rat chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Great story, I like that there is something out there that isnt evil for once.
IMP67 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Loved this! It always gives me a kick when I get a flag to say you've posted a new story. I love the voices of the boys and I love the way you are true to the series - but I've told you that before! Brotherly moments are way up there on my list and you tick all the boxes in this story. Guilt, sorrow, hurt, comfort, love and humour. Oh, and laundry! I do like the laundry tags, it's the boys one few "normal" activities!
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »