Reviews for Not Always the Enemy
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Enjoyed, thank you!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Another wonderful story.

What a nice twist that the lights showed Sam where to find Dean.

I could imagine even injuried Dean would have still tried to defend himself first, before realizing that it was Sam who had touched him. Though like how Sam was able to defend himself too.

Of course loved the moments between Dean and Sam as first Sam took care of Dean and later Dean helped Sam.

I could picture Dean's face when he realized that he was the one that had stabbed Sam, 'just violated his prime directive, the one inviolate rule of his life: protecting his little brother.'

Enjoyed reading your story, thanks for sharing it with us.
Rat chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Great story, I like that there is something out there that isnt evil for once.
IMP67 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Loved this! It always gives me a kick when I get a flag to say you've posted a new story. I love the voices of the boys and I love the way you are true to the series - but I've told you that before! Brotherly moments are way up there on my list and you tick all the boxes in this story. Guilt, sorrow, hurt, comfort, love and humour. Oh, and laundry! I do like the laundry tags, it's the boys one few "normal" activities!
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
that was great. Emotional. action packed and full of angst. Great job.
aXforamnesty chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
awhh i love this! you REALLY cant beat the short term memory loss dean. its sorta like dori from finding nemo...but MUCH less dense! im really looking forward to the season premiere on thursday. im SO banking a tag piece from you because that would make the wonderful-ness that is thursday a supernova of wonderfulness!

superb as always. youre my hero and i worship you as always. i look forward to (prompt) new posts from you as always
TraSan chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
I have perma-grin! What a delightful Sunday treat. A MOTW story, with a bit of mystery, a bit of angst, and equal opportunity whumpage and comfort. *sigh*

Most excellent, m'dear!
Linz1224 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
I loved this!
Psychee chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
This was a great story. Thanks for sharing it.

On line stuck with me. That Dean was a stoic bearing everything in silence.

Not to turn everything into something related to season 4, but...that has been very true and in season 4 when he did voice his hurt/pain, he was called whining. Poor Dean, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
Phx chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Very enjoyable read :) I loved how the lights helped Sam find Dean - that was a nice twist. And I loved how, even injured, Dean reacted instinctively to protect himself, even if it was Sam he attacked. Dean is just too good a hunter not to react. And I loved that Sam blamed himself for it understanding and proud that Dean was still fighting. Even if it was Sam.

And of course my favorite part is when Dean figured it out and realized he had hurt, and could have killed, his brother. Definitely a violation of prime directive :P LOL! I love the boys taking care of each other.
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Sam broke out into a smile. “Ouch! Okay, do you have some setting between apologetic and lamely insulting? Because, dude, this is kinda bi-polar.”

HA! Seriously Awesome story!

Tara x0x
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
I really enjoyed this story. I think that the hunt was the perfect way to show their relationship.

You know, I always really enjoy the way you depict the brothers and their relationship. The intuitive knowledge of one another, something that not many siblings can claim, is such an important part of both boys. You capture that very well.

Good job!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Great job on this.. i love how dean realized it was his knife that hurt sam. awesome job! can't wait for thursday!
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Aw, this was lovely. The brothers stabbing each other- always makes for great angst. :D
Harrigan chapter 1 . 9/6/2009