Reviews for New Blood: Saeki
ijpowers92 chapter 4 . 9/25/2010
On to Old Souls!

very nice short.
Derrand59 chapter 4 . 1/22/2010
Another fantastic piece, I was worried there for a sec, I thought Hitomi had got with Endo or even Sasuke then. Love the way you have shown the empire.
Archangel2385 chapter 3 . 11/19/2009
Another setup chapter, but I'm game . . .

Here we get a little more background info on the new world under Orochimaru's rule, and I gotta say that Tai's mindsight was rather . . . disquieting. While I'm fully confident that Konoha can resurrect itself, having the PEOPLE behind any insurrection would be nice, but if most, or even many of them don't share the shinobi's convictions, I can't really see much changing long term.

So it looks like it's Hitomi vs. Shiroi . . . my money's on Hitomi . . . faster, more experience, arguably better eyes, though Shiroi is surely going to provide some surprises. Should be fun . . .
Archangel2385 chapter 2 . 11/19/2009
A decent chapter . . .

Not much in the way of action, just a lot of talking, which isn't really that bad a thing. Glad to see the Tai's father (who's name escapes me) & Eri take a stand & actually help the war effort, and I'll be interested to see if Tai becomes a part of it as well, though given his age & the fact this is really just a side-story, I probably shouldn't hold my breath.

But yeah, this felt like a setup chapter for some serious action in the next, and I can't wait to see Shiroi fight a REAL opponent next; hopefully, it'll be Neji, so he can teach her some respect. Good job.
Archangel2385 chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Pretty good start to this New Blood sequel & Old Souls prequel . . .

The beginning sequence with Shiroi was executed MASTERFULLY. THAT is how ninja are supposed to act, silent, quick, and most assuredly deadly. I must say, I'm somewhat surprised by just how . . . ruthless Shiroi was. I knew the girl had a lot of hate, but the scene in particular with the spider & children really did send some shivers down my spine. Definitely one of the best ways to showcase the changes to the shinobi well, as well as illustrate just how different Shiroi really is.

Taiki is . . . interesting. I guess that's only the way to put it, as the jury's still out on whether I like him or not. In too many ways, he came off as a Naomasa clone, and indeed I'm sure you meant to demonstrate their similarities, but otherwise, he really doesn't seem THAT much different from Naomasa; who knows, maybe that was the point. I'll be on the lookout for him to see how he develops as a character.

But yeah, you're off to a good start, so keep up the good work.
lolamomamoma chapter 4 . 9/16/2009
The Gaiden you wrote was great.

The idea of Hitomi adopting an infant was really sweet.

babies represent new beginnings or a better future or tommorow.

For a moment i thought sasuke and hitomi had a child. X)

i think i felt a little depressed when hitomi said the five judge at the snake shrines smite who they think sinned or broke the law.

The thought kurai and kotaro doing that made my heart break.

i admire you writing greatly :-) im glad you decided to continue the story :-)
lolamomamoma chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
yay! thank you for posting this. good luck writing the sequel :-)
halcyonic chapter 4 . 9/9/2009
This was quite the treat! I guess it's to your tribute to say that I died a little each time The Five was mentioned. I've become so absorbed in this story, and I'm glad to find that our beloved characters are okay, even if their world is falling apart. Thank you much ~
Ordre chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Shiroi, you b*!

I like the start of this. It definitely feels like a prologue to me; letting the reader in on all that's gone on in the time since New Blood's end.
HunterAzrael chapter 4 . 9/8/2009
Lol, loved that little ending rant about the name.

Good form. xD

Great chapter!

Damn, I'm sorry I ever stopped reading New Blood.

however, I did save all of your updates, and have brought my self up to current standing.

I must say that when you started the battles for konoha, I was a bit disappointed, but you've re-asserted yourself as a kickass, brainy, and very intuitive author.

wutduhfuk chapter 4 . 9/7/2009

is Saeki Endo's daughter as well

I was rooting for that pairing in New Blood

Won't Nao be disappointed
wutduhfuk chapter 3 . 9/7/2009

she reminds me of Hitomi
wutduhfuk chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
"This meant that women, who were of course much weaker and dumber than men, couldn’t be killed in wars" Dry. Course I don't hold it against you. It's probably not really your opinion, just Tai's

and it was Shiroi who killed that family. She used to be my favourite character - still is actually, even though she's bitchier, meaner, and evil - but the whole pregnancy thing was a bit annoying. (for me) but whatever. It's what got the whole thing together so I'm okay with it.

btw, mind telling me how many years after New blood this is?
wutduhfuk chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
very good as usual

I had to read it twice,

the first time I skimmed and thought it was garbage

the second time i actually READ it and decided it was very very good

your talent scares me