Reviews for The Charioteer by Mary Renault Chapter 17
oohmeseckar chapter 2 . 6/23/2014
Poor darlings. 'If one fails to achieve what one wants...' Yup, how true.

I think Laurie would make a satisfactory adjustment. It's a different life to what he planned, not a worse one.
DaphneLaureola chapter 2 . 1/28/2014
Thank you, Kizzykat, for an excellent Chapter 17!
Krysania chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
I really really liked that!
It was a more than worthy addition to a book that defined me and my beliefs a great deal!
Vampire Reader chapter 2 . 11/2/2012
Laurie grew up. They are together now so I'm happy. I found another site today called Live Journal. Laurie and Ralph are interviewed. Ralph is still as uptight as ever with the interviewer, but Laurie loosens him up and makes him laugh. Read it if you haven't. Best. VR
Vampire Reader chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I just discovered your writing and that someone else read The Charioteer. I loved that book so much at 16. I read it often after that, although I didn't understand it. I finally wrote about my obsession to Mary and she wrote me back. I still have her letter from the 1970s. I read your Ch 17 first and couldn't tell if it was your writing or hers - it fit in so perfectly. I've posted Moonlight stories in here, but they aren't this good.
Jeanne McClure chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Ugh. Hadn't had enough coffee when I made that comment. When Laurie went to see Ralph he could not bring himself to break up with him so they continued their romance. He had NOT decided to break up with Ralph before receiving Andrew's letter.
Jeanne McClure chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Well, actually Laurie had not decided to choose Andrew over Ralph when Bim went to see Andrew. He decided that but when he went to see Ralph to tell him could not bring himself to leave Ralph so they continued their romance.
Gillian Middleton chapter 2 . 11/30/2010
A worthy follow up chapter indeed. Brilliantly written and thoughtfully handled. Your love and understanding of the characters shines through.

Thank you so much for sharing.
ChrisColferlover1 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
I am so sorry! You don't have any any reviews! I don't know why this story ROCKS! i LOVE THAT BOOK AND THIS IS A GREAT REMAKE! DON'T LOSE FAITH!