Reviews for All sorts
The Ghostly Minion chapter 31 . 10/19
Yet another Last Battle riff. I agree that the parseltongue argument is a great hole in canon. My bet is on Ron portioning Hermione. Remember all, it's in canon!

The Life Debt is an economical way to handle the problem; by my count, she owes him three. It's good to see that Hermione eventually gets out from under whatever's effected her, another bit to support the potions hypothesis.

To reply to a reviewer who was a bit too literal; Hermione has her children and does whatever she did to rise to Minister. Meanwhile, Harry is a vintner, rears their children and continues to make wine, not war. Sheesh!

The Ghostly Minion chapter 30 . 10/19
Still another riff on the kiss and the last battle. Details of when/where they married to one side, her behavior as caused by an Unforgivable is fine, still, no need for a duel.

All they have to do is to get Kingsley to repeat Harry's earlier spell and have Ron arrested.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 28 . 10/19
A neat bit of story scaffolding; and really all that it is. Harry's power is off the scale. The action against the eight is truly just, and if you can't depend on the watchmen for justice, then you have to do it yourself.

I noticed that some say he should have also gone after Ron and Molly, but really they're flies and not worth the effort. Nice use of Susan and Luna.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 26 . 10/19
Another riff on the 'parseltongue' theme during the Battle; for Ron, a rather gentle one at that.

In some ways one can't blame Hermione; she was out of it and the parseltongue and its implications only would have occurred after the action in CoS. Also, there are more pressing things for her to think of during the battle.

Still, her mind worked fine once Harry brought it to her attention. Though her complete Volte-face is a bit hard to credit, still, it set up a great line by Ron!

The Ghostly Minion chapter 25 . 10/19
This story is another 'Harry betrayed and the BWW pays' thought. I agree that justice is too all-encompassing, still, in reality, it was going to take revolution and he supplied it.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 20 . 10/19
First, it is a laugh riot. Still, that should not blind us to the fact that there's a lot of meat here. It is a true mini critique of the DH.

Only the fact that JKR had us all enthralled by the series, kept DH from being roundly panned. Personally, I blush, thinking back on my own initial reaction to it.

Truly, the behavior of Harry and Hermione is irrational. Had you given her the Horcrux hunt as a thought problem, Hermione would have come up with a far more effective and efficient plan than in canon. I've a long list in my head, you likely do too, but let's look at what she did.

First, the idea of sharing the bedding and bed should have occurred to them immediately. BTW, should be three sets of blankets. The resulting baring of their feelings, among other things, simply is pure bf Harmony.

Deciding to go non-magical is another bit of common sense; JKR didn't because she wanted to take Ron back.

Ron's portrayed consistently to canon, particularly his jealousy. As was her trademark, she didn't finish things, but the rest of the quest is pretty clear. She gives us the pleasure of putting it together for ourselves.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 19 . 10/19
To begin, I meant to say in my review for the last chapter that Richard and Helen have a 'Saving Hermione and Harry thing'. Somehow, that got botched.

This chapter is a fun little Drabble. I think that Harry's reconciliation with Ron was more on the line of 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'.

You do have to wonder what the committee was thinking. There were enough incidents to make it clear that, at best, placing Harry's two best friends in the lake meant he'd need to chose between them. At the very best there was only a 50/50 chance he'd choose Ron.

The other arguments they use here are simply foolish. First, the hostages weren't labeled in any manner; even if they had, there would be no reason to think Harry would have complied, because...

Second, the prophecy was explicit; you save what/who YOU'D miss most. That is the only concern, you're not to think about anyone else's perspective, not even that of the hostages. Hermione could have been head over heels in love with Krum, but it wouldn't matter because she was still the one he'd miss most.

So, Harry got there before Krum and chose to rescue the one who fit the directions. Only if Krum got there before Harry would Harry have considered rescuing Ron.

So, the committee were out of line to disqualify Harry. Giving Dumbledore the benefit of the doubt, that he did not know anything more than that Harry had been forced to compete, I'd think he would be relieved to have gotten Harry out of harm's way.

Fun one-shot.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 18 . 10/19
Cute little drabble. It is an interesting question as one imagines that there were any number children who might not have fit into any of the houses.

I'd disagree with those who thought Dumbledore or Riddle should have been treated like that. It's the differences between having qualities sought by the Founder, then used for gray or dark ends and not having any of the qualities at all.

A bit of major Ron bashing to be sure. And as others note, poor Blaise!

The Ghostly Minion chapter 17 . 10/19
This is her lightest hearted Azkaban story. Usually, if Harry ends up there, it results in a destroyed BWW and a dead Hermione.

A lot of details are left to our imagination. Who did Harry allegedly kill? Where does this fit into canon? About all one can surmise is it is after he DoM battle. Might he have been railroaded for killing a Death Eater in self-defense?

This story points up a minor theme of hers; that Richard and Helen have a'sa I got Hermione and Harry thing'. Also we see a bad Albus and Ministry.

Anyone who wishes to whing about the potions should remember that love potions are completely canonical.

Everything adds up to a good harmonious ending.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 16 . 10/19
A really fun little revenge story. Some of the first part is either borrowed from other of her stories or is reused.

To have Grawpt give out the punishment is a nice touch.

Unlike some reviewers, I don't think this is a life/death sentence, rather a week or two, but why tell them?

The Ghostly Minion chapter 15 . 10/19
This is another good treatment of the the tournament. Harry serves up a convincing case to Arthur as to why he wants nothing to do with the Weasleys.

The idea that Harry is under a magical contract without his actually entering or otherwise giving his consent is the glaring hole in GoF. One would have thought that Hermione at least would have made the effort to challenge this assumption which is taken on faith in the book.

There are though some jarring notes an admissions. First the gratuitous blood bigotry on Romn's part is unnecessary and in my mind was a weakness of hers.

Second, Dumbldore seems wildly out of character. He should have been much more subtle in his reaction to Harry's analysis of the Weasleys. His comments about the Dursleys and accusation that Harry is lying about their treatment of him makes no sense, as he admits their a use at the end of OotP. Finally, his loss of control and his filling out expulsion papers doesn't fit him at all. There should have been a better and more in tune way to handle this part.

Finally, what about Voldemort returning?

These problems mean it is not really a vintage broomstick flyer story, but the core idea is very good and imaginative.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 13 . 10/19
Odd that I hadn't reviewed this short before.

This is one of her more benign treatments of the battle and the kiss. One could well see the kiss as giving Harry an additional push to confront Voldemort. Afterwards, one can understand his confusion over why she kissed Ron. Still, he loves her, she's the mother of his child and his foregiveness is no surprise.

Ron's search is hilarious. The rest of the story simply follows naturally on the first, my only question is that Teddy is missing.

A rather sweet story, no bad guys, unless to want to count the fog of war.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 34 . 9/2
This it's one of her more interesting shorts and is yet another way to solve the 'sixth year conundrum'.

It does beg the question of Harry's runic revenge. It is one thing to presume that the Sword of Gryffindor is required, yet something else to wonder about where he got the knowledge.

It isn't a bad thing that the curse destroyed all Harry's foes.

This story is so typical of her, imaginative, yet with holes and an ending that leaves you with questions-or simply give you the luxury of filling in the gaps for your own pleasure.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 23 . 8/11
This chapter is the second chapter that informs my story idea, "I killed Harry" It had been in my first chapter collection and will be again when I have a few more chapter to put up.

This is a sad meditation. Could it have been canon? I think so, canon took such a strange trn in HBP. Given that up to that point, the Hermione/Harry pairing had been set up there is little stretch to think they were both in love with each other.

Of course Harry dying would have made for a strange epic, but looked at dispassionately, one could see a Harry giving up like that in real life.

The Ghostly Minion chapter 9 . 8/10
I've found this chapter haunting. This is another take on the 'sixth year conundrum'.

Here it is simply Hermione's quite reasonable trepidation at the prospect of major, perhaps even fatal injury following Harry. Remember, this is the first time she had been truly at risk, taking Dolohov's curse. Second year doesn't really count, she was at risk of her life, but it would have been painless and without time to react or think. It was only the MOM battle in which the prospect of a painful death faced her. Moreover, this would just get worse when she heard the prophesy.

So she tries to put some space between Harry and her. Where the wheels come off is that Harry tries to get back the prior Hermione and the more he tries the harsher she becomes towards him.

Could Harry be in love with her, enough to propose? I'd say yes. The entire trajectory of canon through OotP pointed to a romance and Harmony, on both their parts. Even if he hadn't framed the words until then, the feelings and sincerity had been there from PS/SS on and so did Hermione's actions.

In this context, Hermione's stalking of Ron is her taking a 'safer' way out. Certainly there is too much arguing and animus between the two, from the word go to think there was a real possiblity of a true romance and love happening.

This chapter brings to the fore one of her minor themes; Luna as a seer and it's handled very well.

This chapter and one further along form the basis of a story that's far down on my pipeline, "I killed Harry".

We learn that a wand and magic aren't needed to cast a Killing Curse.