Reviews for Childhood Oaths
Cassius E. Whistlewood chapter 1 . 7/22
Interesting. Very interesting, indeed. Even though I think that it was a bit too extreme. While I can write here for hours to no end about all magic, including Oaths and Vows, being based on intent, I won't. Like I said, interesting.
DylanL chapter 1 . 4/5
while this story was mostly sad, i found the image of luna covering herself in honey to be hilarious and something she should try again with harry and hermione as they with become the 'animals' that want to 'eat' her and im sure they would all enjoy it. it was a good story, and i liked some of the back stories. it was nice of you to kill the ones you talked about, when they were happy.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 2/20
And Hagrid.

That boy was always emotional.

–Dumbledore's Fear of Children's Games–

I like when people are honest about Dumbles(read bashing), but I also like it when he has an arguably valid reason like this.

"It isn't your fault, Arthur,"

Based on what he just said: it is his fault, dummy.
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
An interesting take on the whole magical oath concept. I like the idea and I'm glad for the Lunar Harmony.

D. Page Robin
Difdi chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
Wow, that's dark...but it IS what would happen if a simple utterance were enough to seal an oath.

Probably why they don't give little kids wands, they have to balance maturity of knowing not to use oaths lightly against the ease of learning little kids have - wait too long and you get a near-squib, don't wait long enough and they swear to do stupid things...
Alex0597 chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Although it's a short omake, and probably not meant to be taken seriously, when I read "Ronald Becomes a Squib", I couldn't help but think that he never gave a time limit on when he would kill Fred and George. The only way it would become physically impossible for him to do that would be if one of the three died. Even if it was, say, Fred, it would probably still be better to have magic for what would normally be a good seventy to eighty years, more if you subscribe to the "magic lengthens human lifespans" thing. This is, of course, assuming that the war between Voldemort and just about everyone else doesn't occur, but what can you do?

Anyway, I probably overanalyzed it. Nice story, btw.
thebetawholived chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
oops! Heeheeheehee . . . .

but the sad thing is that Dumbledore was right all along.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
This is both scary and sad. Did I say scary? Yes, and I'll say it again.

(a good thing that Severus was a halfblood and Lily was a Muggleborn, considering what happened to any oaths they might have made to each other...).
Technomad chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
This is, unfortunately, frighteningly plausible in re. magical oaths.
Serfius chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Oh my god, I never thought about this, it's hilarious and tragic!
dayfox96 chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
yea poor melinda
willam and jack and jake chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
interesting idea.
edboy4926 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Interesting story
ARedHair chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Fun idea.

I think the conclusion is that if oaths were that easy, magic is an evolutionary dead end and would have been bred out of existence long ago.
Twigon chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Who ever said Ron had to kill them at a specific time? So long as the/one of the twins don't die before him, he's good. But then he'd die, so... lose/lose situation, anybody?