Reviews for The Last Day On Earth
NY514 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I would've had ash die and misty cry cry cry cry cry until she died of hallowness and how alone she felt after all she broke his heart and she deserves it
Alex chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Wow, that was, really touching :) I loved it.
Crystalgurl101 chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Ahh! So sad and cute! That was amazingly written! D Wow, you really expressed Misty's feelings so well, i could actually feel just how lonely and heartbroken she was. I absolutely loved it! You made her vulnerable, but just enough to not tamper with her stubborn character. A very good job indeed! :) It was so well-written!
notgonnasay09 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
You should be happy with this...It is outstanding! Pretty much, this is one of the best things I have read off of this site that doesn't include Naruto in any way, shape, or form. Well Done!
FTEcho 4 chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Good, Good! Yeah, so this story was another one that was just great. I loved every second of it, although it didn't have a whole bunch of story. It made sense, though, what plot was there. I feel like this was one of the oneshots that describe a scene more than they tell a story, like the difference between a photograph and a movie. You judge the two types by different criteria. This one was beautiful, and so it was good. That's... well, that's really all I've got to say.

Thank you for writing this.

bluejay511 chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
I loved this story. omg. I would have read it earlier but fanfiction wasn't orking. But it is now and i just have to say this was an amazing story.
MoltresFeather chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
wow that was one of the best Ive read. It needs no more work.
Princess Tiger chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
This was very good, even though it sounded a little depressing, I'm glad I read it. You manage to portray Misty's emotions so well, without making it too angst-y. You are a brilliant writer and I hope to read more of you stories in the future.

Princess Tiger
Texas Longhorn chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
That was great! The way you captured the feelings of regret in a time of crisis is more than impressive, and I honestly believe that (minus the pokemon, of course) this could have actually happened to someone in this situation. I think you captured both her and Ash's emotions superbly and hope you make more AAML fics in the future.
PinkCamellia chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
You don't need to worry. You aren't rusty at writting AAMRNs, not at all :)

I really think you captured Misty's personality very well. She is a very strong and independant character, and in my opinion, you captured her fearfullness perfectly.

I enjoyed this story very much. It felt very real to me. I liked Misty using the blanket as a source of comfort when she couldn't get it from anywhere else. Something about that was really powerful. I'm very glad AAM ended up together too. I was a bit worried that Ash had somehow been injured/killed in the attacks!

Great job with this story. It was beautifully written and conveyed a really strong message.
pikagurl23 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Oh, this was so incredibly beautiful! I totally thought it was going to have a bad ending (i.e. Brock being at the door saying that Ash had, indeed, died in the attacks), but I'm so relieved it wasn't.

And, to top it off, it has a beautiful message attached to it as well. Always live life to its fullest, no regrets, cause you never know when your next day will be your last.

Anyway, great job on this and it's nothing like a great little oneshot to cure the old writer's block. Keep up the great work here and I hope to see more from you!
Steveaaml chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Oh...This was very beautiful. Thank you! I downloaded the song while reading. Then listened to it. Works wonderfully together.

Lovely work, be proud :)
licoricejellybean chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Wow, Cherry Blossom! I was so excited when I read you're review and I went straight away to check out this new story. And surprise surprise - I loved it!

I was worried when I read the opening paragraph - you know me, I don't like death and despair in fanfictions. So i was really glad when I read the line that said Ash wasn't at the stadium, and it put a completely unexpected twist in the plot - I automatically assumed this would be about Misty's grief at Ash's death, but it ended up being something different and much less depressing!

And I don't think you're out of touch with AAML - some people might say Misty's a little out of character, but hey, the girl has a heart. It was a little cliched that Ash turned up just as she was about to call him, but I really didn't care, it was so sweet. But not so sweet you rot your teeth - sweet in a realistic way. I like fanfictions to actually come across as plausible and you totally did that here. Nice job.

I love you're style as a writer - its so different to my own, but so clear and concise. And the song words - well chosen indeed.

Excellent job, my dearest, and I hope you put out another one soon! Thanks for the review on All For One - you leave the best reviews so I've tried to return the favor :)
WiseAbsol chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
(Smiles.) Hey there, Sarah. To forewarn you, this review will be different than those I give your chapters of "Hearts and Minds," namely just thoughts I've had now that I've read here goes nothing.

First, let me confess that for awhile now I have largely considered your "student," our dear Warlordess, as having surpassed you in AAMRN brilliance. To be clear, I think you are both awesome writers, and each have your own irresistible flavors concerning the style of your pieces - I merely felt that she had, in recent stories, concentrated the allure of pok├ęshipping more successfully. This story, however, proves that thought unfounded; if anything, you two rival each other in mastery of the relationship. And you both are, largely, why I no longer write AAMRN stories: I only write fanfiction when I feel dissatisfied with a story or feel that something is missing. You both so successfully fill the void that I never feel the urge to write for Ash and Misty (hint, oh yes, but the story count devoted to them is limited on my part) - you both do it so very well and gorgeously that I am content to stick with my clone kitten and recommend you two to others, _!

Yet, at any rate, to the story itself: the premise, that there has been a terrorist attack which forces Misty to reevaluate the mistake she made in the past - of letting Ash go - makes it quite evident that this is not to be grouped with mere fluff fics (though the ending, to be sure, does give one warm and fuzzy feelings). The serious way it looks at their relationship and at mortality can be empathized by its readers, as well as the sheer fear the attack arouses...especially in those who have had to endure the uncertainty of not knowing whether or not one of your loved ones were killed in the attack. With September 11th so close by for those of us in the United States, it certainty brings back memories, and I, at least, can certainly remember the mental and emotional turmoil which Misty goes through as she contemplates what could have happened.

Then, of course, she goes to call Ash...and, though I predicted it, a knock comes from the front door, and Ash is standing there, soaking wet, having come to the same conclusion of their folly as she has. This reunion really is quite touching, and it clarifies to me once more that you're my AAML version of Nicholas Sparks, and certainly one of my favorite fanfic authors on the web. That you can seamlessly add the lyrics to the song (which I am listening to right now) into your work simply enhances the effect the story has. For all of this, I bow in congratulations. You may not be content with this, but I find it perfect - and let me tell you, Misty was not weak in the least in this story, so you were victorious on that count. She was respectable and accurate here (as is Ash, for that matter, though we do not see him quite as much as our feisty redhead), which is something I always appreciate.

To conclude this review, thank you for providing such a lovely read this evening! It was exactly the kind of treat I needed after a day filled with homework, lol. At any rate, I hope you are well, Sarah. See ya' next time.

With love,

Ilove Misty and May chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Great story! I'm glad you decided not to make Misty too wimpy because a wimpy Misty is kind of weird to imagine! Can't wait to see what you have next!

~_ Ilove Misty and May