Reviews for To Her That Hath
KeepingUpDisappearances chapter 1 . 2/26
Ooh, fantastic! I'm glad to see the events from 'Blue Castle' in Olive's perspective, and you really captured Montgomery's writing style.
VioletStella chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
I'm delightfully gratified to see Olive's point of view on this. (Especially because she sees the truth of her past with Valancy, and how the wheel has turned on that.) Wonderful work; especially love Olive being mad at her mother for naming her after a foreign vegetable.
Kiri chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Fabulous! Sounded just like the book! True to the characters and interesting concept. I wish it was a 25 chapters longer!
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Justice.

It's interesting to think that Olive applied that verse to herself and Valancy the same way Valancy did. L.M. really had a gift for enchanting lead heroine names, or ones that needed to indicate a little more of the prosaic, i.e. Olive (I don't think she was quite as adept at picking names for her male leads). Stirring depiction of the passion and vivacious joy that's shared between Valancy and Barney. You do almost feel sorry for Olive, but yeah, the ending sums it up.

Justice.
Knackard chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SCREW YOU, OLIVE! Your last line is...well, you're a really good writer. I am so stoked to see TBC fanfiction executed in such a humorous, touching way.
iSackettEcho chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
WHOOT! Bravo! Great fanfic! I like the turn of events that happened against Olive, but I like how you make her humanize her a little more and explain her jealousy.

Have you thought of continuing this and telling a story about Olive turning against convention and finding lasting happiness like Valancy? Olive is certainly not my favorite character, but with the way you wrote this, I think I would love to read a story about her! ;P

Yes, yes, very well done. I like how you incorporated the Bible verse and described what Barney and Valancy look like together from an outside view.
ReaderinthePNW chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
This is marvelous! I love it- we don't really get to see anything of Olive that isn't rather dull, but seeing her introspective and honest- well done! Excellent writing, as well! Great job!

-Tara
TimeAndTide chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
I only discovered The Blue Castle within the last year, but I enjoyed it very much. Olive is so wonderfully awful and her comeuppance so well-deserved. This ficlet puts the perfect capper on the envious letter she writes Cecil towards the end of the book-I chuckled all through it. Well-done!
tipica adolescente chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
i hate olive (of course!) but i loved this D
celestial1 chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Oh, poor Olive. I've always found it amusing that she's one of the few characters that LMM treats without the least bit of sympathy. Also think it's funny how Cecil's last name keeps changing throughout the book! Probably my favorite line ever about him is what Valancy says: "I'd like to shock Cecil. His mouth is too red for a man's."
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
A great story. Very good.
ElouiseBates chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Excellent piece! A good job showing a most unlikeable character, and making her human but still unlikeable! I especially liked the bit about Valancy's moral convictions, and her courage, compared to Olive's conventional shallowness. Very well-written!
rita hayworth chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
You did a very wonderful job characterizing a character that we do not see much of in the book. I loved this (:
Writer9 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Wow, very nice. I like the introspective from Olive's point of view, especially that last short paragraph.
ruby gillis chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Olive's comeuppance is one of the most satisfying in all literature, so I was extremely glad to read this. Is this a one-shot, or do you plan to do more? I'd love to see some glimpses of what you think happened to Barney and Valancy after their marriage.

Extremely well-written, very LMM.