Reviews for Grub
bonepirate chapter 3 . 11/11
So I just recently got re-hooked on this pairing after a looong time and have been steadily eating my way through the fics both on here and Archive. I've read through your 3 re-edited chapters and have only skimmed the other ones at this point since you intend to redo them, but I gotta say...even as it stands now, your fic is easily my favorite out of the rest.

The writing and dialogue are both superb; it really has that high-fantasy, Lord of the Rings-y feel to it. The characterizations of both Grima and Eowyn are spot on as well. I'm especially impressed at how well you've kept Eowyn's contempt for him intact for so long, it really goes that extra mile in keeping her character faithful to canon (and not gonna lie, I enjoy watching her torment the poor dude - even though it breaks my heart at the same time lol). And because you've kept that going for a good while, I feel that if or when you do decide to have her feelings gradually begin to shift (as it seems like in chapter 6? unless I got the wrong impression) it makes it take less of a suspension of disbelief for the readers. That's the biggest issue I tend to have with the non-onesided fics, awesome as they still are. It's just a super difficult pairing to write while keeping them AS a pairing.

I'm not much of a writer myself so I suck at reviews, but yeah. I hope you continue with your re-editing and maybe even continuation of the story. If so, I greatly look forward to it.
silverswath chapter 4 . 10/20
This is really good! Creepy but good!
One correction: Saruman lives at Orthanc, not Brad Dur.
Sliven chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
Oh, I almost missed this little gem! A very pleasant read for sure. I like the last chapter, but wish you would continue, the "curse" buildup looks promising! More pain ahead for our anti-hero?
PrettyChelsea chapter 5 . 1/30/2012
I super loved your fic. I never imagined to come across this kind of pairing. I really liked your idea of making Theoden ask for Eowyn to marry Grima since he knows that he'll guide her in her ruling.

Like i said before, i love your fic! I hope that you'll update soon. It would be a shame to leave it hanging. I'm really excited for the next chapter :)
PrettyChelsea chapter 4 . 1/30/2012
They got married :" I loved how Eowyn told her vows, she is still trying to fight by saying in her vows that she doesn't offer herself wholely.
TrustNoOneMulder chapter 5 . 8/1/2011
This is amazing! Grima/Eowyn has to be my favorite pairing and you brought it to A whole new level.
Binks chapter 5 . 5/28/2011
Please, I do hope you will continue updating this amazing story. There are so very few ones that are similar, and even then this one outshines the others. I am waiting so patiently in hopes that you will continue, and if you do, I will be most thrilled. I cannot wait to see what will happen between Grima and Eowyn next. The romance scenes are beautiful, and the characters are in perfect likeness to their original selves. I do ask that you continue this!
Dani Jones chapter 5 . 4/28/2011
Ah...*clears throat* You need to update this. Now. I mean it. *nods and gets down on knees* You make me sob like a little child at your feet; please update this! I have just fallen back in love with the Grima/Eowyn pairing. Oh, my goodness...can barely type...heart is fluttering too much...

Loves,

Dani Jones
slytherinangel01 chapter 5 . 3/19/2011
I LOVE IT!

PRETTY PLEASE UPDATE SOON!

This is some of the best writing I have ever seen!

Please update!

~slytherinangel01
Spike chapter 5 . 2/26/2011
C'mon! You have to update this! Puh-lease? I'll give ya a cupcake... :D
Nameless Grace chapter 5 . 2/13/2011
Whew, excuse me whilst I fan myself. That was hot... And extremely, EXTREMELY well written - you've sure got talent. I've quite enjoyed this story so far, and am most certainly looking forward to what kind of shenanigans you have planned. I know it's been a while, but I'm sure you've got it in you to update soon. Please, pretty please? You'll have my eternal gratitude.

So in short, please please please please PLEASE update soon! (That's two exclamation points, so you should know I'm serious)
Stardust Parade chapter 5 . 11/2/2010
Ah! If only I had been blessed with the gift of words! You are so utterly, unbelievably talented! Grima/Eowyn has always been a guilty pleasure of mine...and your story is by far, the best in this genre! So I hope you continue...-quickly adds story to favorites-
RavenGirl chapter 5 . 11/2/2010
UPDATE! UPDATE!
archwriter chapter 5 . 10/5/2010
Amazing chapter. I absolutely loved it. Although, until I read your "p.s." at the end, I got a little scared for a second thinking that this was the end. Wonderful work! Look forward to seeing more soon!
Alexx chapter 5 . 7/29/2010
OMG! Finally! I'm so happy you are continuing this! Excellent writing, and please, more lemons in future chappies! YAY!