Reviews for Family Traditions
BithaBlu chapter 3 . 9/7/2009
I had some positive feedback to make but my brain melted somewhere around:

It was the physical equivalent of throwing a lit match into a room full of gasoline fumes.

*zombies off until the next chapter*

Exquisite torture from Mary. Marshall's probably going to have a hard time being professional when he gets her in cuffs again (should that happen).
sfchemist chapter 3 . 9/7/2009
Oh yes!

Keep it coming!
superwoman1015 chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
Oh, so they both are going to know that each other are there. The real question I think is who was watching him and who's friend is it? Off to read the next chapter :)
superwoman1015 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Right, so I know there's two other chapters to read, but I just had to give you my thoughts in this in the beginning. I love that although Mary's obviously followed a different path that she still seems to be the same old Mary. Great start, off to read more :)
joannahobbit chapter 3 . 9/7/2009
no fair! tease marshall and us and there is no release...

still great tho! and _so_ Mary!
BithaBlu chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
Since I'm probably going to be leaving a comment for all the chapters, I'll try to keep this review limited to one concept.

I thrilled that you made Mary's tattoo symbolic and not just some tramp stamp. The wings are a great representation of her need for freedom and the latter half of her fight or flight response.

Your repeted reference to Marshall's 'sky blue' eyes also adds to the imagery of a bird in flight. I'm enjoying your subtle use of this theme and I can't wait for the next chapter.
joannahobbit chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
quite excellent;i love the little things you put in there. You are keeping them quite in character too which is good.
sfchemist chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
I love this!

Such an original premise. You've captured the characters with enough deviation from canon to account for the changes in the back story and made them both sympathetic and likable.

The plot is interesting and well written, like all your stories, and I can't wait to see where it's heading.

Looking forward to the next chapter very much.

Update soon please.
Grammar Maven chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
OK, I'm officially hooked. I love this chapter. I love this Marshall. And I'm beginning to like this Mary. Mostly, however, I think I'm going to love where this M rating is going to take us. LOL!

More please!

P.S. Also love the Moby Dick reference. Ah, Melville...
BithaBlu chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Well, this has a great start. I can't wait to see where you take this and I love the concept of badgirl Mary being chased by Marshall. Oh, the fun that could be had...
Grammar Maven chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Good writing, as usual. But, to be honest, I have to say I'm not sure about this one. I'll need to read a few more chapters before making a decision.

I like the thought of the chase element in this AU relationship-a chase were Marshall seemingly has the upper hand based on an easy to prescribe to moral value-and I like a Marshall who doesn't give in to Mary so easily. But I'm not sure how I like Mary being a criminal. It may be a stretch I just can't make. I honestly don't know. Hence the reason I need more. :)

Of course, I know you realize "like" or "dislike" (or even "uncertainty") is nothing but a subjective measure. It has nothing to do with the awesomeness that is you are a writer! I admire you for taking our characters places they've never been. This takes a courage that's reserved solely for the most creative of us. Thank you for making me see these characters differently and think about them on a different level.
joannahobbit chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
yes i like and shall keep an eye on this (
222 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15