Reviews for Family Traditions
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 19 . 9/12/2010
lol - your southern roots are showing. One of the more amusing phrases, I think, and one I've always liked. Poor kitties and their long, fuzzy tails...

Hell, after this, the USMS will not only be suggesting the DA drop all charges against her, but commendating her for saving the life of a US Marshal. Way to go, Mary. (now if only they'd take those zip ties off everything...)

An odd question, but I have to wonder what happened to Marshall's back-up weapon? One that should have been on his ankle/boot? A smaller Glock, most likely.

hmm; I'm thinking he'll try to shoot Mary, but as she is most likely wearing Kevlar per Thea's command, she *should* be okay, thought that *is* close range. Bruised, but alive. One of those nasty blades must come into play as well. And then Thea...
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 18 . 9/11/2010
Yes, thought that was an interesting combination to carve into his flesh; knew those two were of the deepest meaning in his life.

Ever the resourceful Boy Scout-turned-marshal, Marshall is one clever man. Woo-hoo!
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 17 . 9/11/2010
**The wary part of his brain simply folded its tents and decamped for the evening** - meant to put this in a previous review, just how much I adore this phrasing.

Love how polite the officers are. Ma'am and all... awww... Actually, they *should* be, but so often aren't portrayed as such. The US Marshals Service, however... all badass and warrior-like. I like that. :~)

Hmm; if anyone was questioning how Mary felt about it, I'd say that scene in the casino office washed away any dusting over clarity.

Oooh, Thea! I do like her. Raph's going to get his ass handed to him, then he's going to learn what eternity actually means.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 16 . 9/11/2010
That is one *sick* SOB.

And Marshall should have paid better attention, be the marshal he is. Ah, the problem with love entering work.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 15 . 9/11/2010
The very real thought of losing him forever is enough to summon all those pesky little feelings of love out into the open portions of her mind. A place meant for study and consideration.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 14 . 9/11/2010
Every girl needs a set of protective friends who'll case out the prospective new beau. Thea sounds quite interesting. *chuckles*

Ah, poor Marshall; a private showing just to see how well he can handle the pressure.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 13 . 9/11/2010
You know, with how much JP figures into her life and James doesn't, makes me wonder if JP and Jinx had a one-night affair and Mary's really *his* daughter. Just... thinking.

Rusty here, too, but I read your Spanish as clear as could be, so for it's worth, I believe it's right on the money.

Man, you have *seriously* doused Raph in certifiable-insanity oil, eh?
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 12 . 9/11/2010
Practically. Combustible.

Routine of them to be travelling together... awesome.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/11/2010
A medium happy, Marshall? Hah; good luck with *that*.

Ah, Raph; don't you know? Only Marshall can make her fly.

Yep; figured there had to be a deal cut clearing of her of charges. Totally forgot about Raph being pissed at Marshall, though; good, good point.

She has to remember - only the charges she's *currently* got against her. Means she has to drop her game. But she'd be so very free - extremely fitting of Mary and her need to be in control of her life.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 10 . 9/11/2010
Oooh, Costa Rica. Hmm, the more I think about the document Marshall gave JP, and that JP asked if he'd 'really do that,'... I figure it could only be a handful of things: induct her into WitSec and he'd transfer into it to protect her (doubtful at this point); he'd marry her to prevent him being required to testify against her (romantic, but not feasible at this point, either); something dropping most/all charges in return for her help as a working consultant for the USMS, where he can keep her safe.

Or it could be something totally different.

Man... the two of them together is just explosive.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 9 . 9/11/2010
I figured Marshall would point out to her family he'd have to find her for her own protection; JP sort of surprises me, though. Wasn't sure he'd play well with Marshall, at least not as eagerly as he did.

Oh, Marshall's greatest asset to protecting her... he has her trust. Her respect.

Raph freaks me the hell out; what a psychopath.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 8 . 9/11/2010
The inner battle for Marshall: the lawman, or the lover. Succinct yet to the point, this controversy he has to compromise within him. Well done.

DeMille... good choice. :~) Perhaps a close-up?

Hey, if Hallmark doesn't make a card for that, *you* really should. The US Marshals Service would be highly amused, even if Marshall was not.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 7 . 9/11/2010
His study of the scar, of the tattoo, is so very Marshall. And very beautiful.

A trust beyond what either had expect - not even protection this time. They've hit a whole new realm.
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 6 . 9/10/2010
Not much I can say here but how bloody complex Marshall can be (cute, sexy, adorable, badass), and how confused Mary really is under that in-control masque.

Wonderfully written!
R J Lupin's Kat chapter 5 . 9/10/2010
Oh, wow. The darkness you've turned Raphael into. Oh, man...

And Marshall - truly the knight in denim and tin armor.
222 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »