Reviews for Family Traditions
BuJyo chapter 24 . 1/10/2010
Oh...velvet Elvii! My favorite ;)

Great chapter with a lot of insight and progress.

Love a thick plot...lots of twists and turns and sneakiness. My mind is twisted that way :)

Looking so forward to more.
Grammar Maven chapter 24 . 1/10/2010
Here's my honest feedback, for what it's worth.

As always, all elements of your storytelling are superb. The rhythm of the words, the unfolding of the plot, etc. But I've been bothered by the last 2 chapters of this story because I feel they're really not chapters in THIS story. They are the beginning chapters of a sequel, not continuing chapters in Family Traditions. So for me, it's difficult seeing this continuance as being part of the same story.

Now honestly, I've been asking myself what difference it makes whether your alternate universe continues in this piece or continues in a separate work. I really don't have an answer for that other than Family Traditions had reached a natural conclusion. Consequently, this part of the story feels forced. I'm sure it won't feel forced several chapters from now, but at this time...well...it does. At least for me. But then again I felt this about Masks as well and that turned out okay. So I toss this review out here just to give you something to think about. Feel free to completely disregard it!
roar526 chapter 24 . 1/10/2010
I knew this story couldn't be a quick happily ever after. And honestly, I'm glad you're delving into how they are going to deal with trying to merge two very different worlds. Looking forward to more and rooting for them to overcome the obstacles. My vote, they leave it all behind and go back to the house in S. America for good.
pryrmtns chapter 23 . 1/4/2010
It's sad that we no longer live in a world of 2nd chances, but I pity the idiot who is trying to set Marshall and Mary up... Thea is gonna eat his liver for lunch!
superwoman1015 chapter 23 . 1/3/2010
I'm going to guess that the person taking pictures of Mary and the phone call that Marshall's boss just made are connected, and that he's holding off putting Marshall in the field for a purpose that has NOTHING to do with Raph. I smell a conspiracy, and it's not the good type like aliens.
Kay8abc chapter 23 . 1/3/2010
EVIL person. I feel this is more stick than carrot. Oh well, I'm ust glad this story continues.

-Kate
BuJyo chapter 23 . 1/3/2010
This story is GREAT! Read the whole thing so I can be up to speed on (hopefully) more updates :)

Your Mary is fantabulous...I want to be her ;)

Marshall is his usual awesome self with just enough twist for the AU.

Your ancillary characters are so much fun, and Raph...*sniff*...you know I'm a sucker for evil Raph! :) Wonderfully insane.

The zest is outstanding too...of course.

thanks for a great story :)
tilleygirl chapter 23 . 1/3/2010
I can't tell you how happy I was to see you were working on this story again. Looks like more trouble is in store for our favorite couple. And I hear you on Dr. Who. I'm sad about that too.
roar526 chapter 23 . 1/3/2010
So excited to see you back at work on this story. Intriguing little chapter and can't wait for more.
Christine Erik chapter 22 . 1/2/2010
Okay. So don't hate me, but I've held off on reviewing until I finally read the whole thing...and now I have. So. First off, great plot, character descriptions, all of it. It was very easy for me to imagine this as I read it...Raph was a perfect insane villain, by the way, and this whole thing of what seems to be post-traumatic stress disorder is very realistic, as well. In other words, great work altogether! Now that that's been said, I would very much appreciate it if you would PLEASE update when you can! I am interested to see where this road is going. :-)
Joanna chapter 22 . 12/7/2009
I've really enjoyed Masks, but I hope when you complete it you will come back to this story and also Good Intentions. I'm dying for updates!
anonanon.com chapter 22 . 11/28/2009
love it. love it. more more please please
kat chapter 22 . 11/26/2009
I finally got a chance to read Family Traditions. Very well done! A lot of twists and turns and yet you kept the characters recognizable and real. I was on the edge of my seat for quite a few moments with Raph and his torture of Marshal and Marshall's rescue. Great story and thank you for sharing it.
squirrrel3465 chapter 22 . 11/23/2009
Wow, just wow. I just spent the last two days reading this, and it is absoutely amazing! You are such a brilliant writer and I look forward to whatever you put forth! Thanks so much for such a great read!
Kay8abc chapter 22 . 11/15/2009
I like the reversal of roles. I always thought that Mary would be a very dangerous criminal. Also making her very elusive, just fit her so well.

-Kate