Reviews for When Love Takes You In
Vivid Escapist chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
This is amazing. Very, very nice job. I've always been fascinated by the Doctor's and Jackie's interesting relationship, and I like to think they became bff's in the other universe.
Starjargon chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
This was wonderful. I'm not a fan of the Rose Romance, but I love 10/Jackie interactions, and this was great. His reminiscing brought tears to my eyes and you wrote it so well I could picture each person clearly. Awesome job.
no name please chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Undoubtedly one of the best "Doctor's-first-family" stories I've ever read. Having him talk about them to Jackie is a fantastic idea, especially when he's talking about his mother and brothers. Those rare moments of calm discussion between the Doctor and Jackie have always seemed very sweet to me.

I love how you discussed all of his children, both Jenny and those he lost on Gallifrey, as well as that brief mention of Susan. Moreover, I also love that the Doctor acknowledges his spouses-Andalornarene, Rose, and eventually, River Song. Usually, it seems like the Doctor will focus on his children if he chooses to reference his family at all. I can't recall him ever mentioning his wife, and it was especially refreshing to see him acknowledge loving Andalornarene at one point.

The reference to River was wonderful. I'm not a huge fan of River in the newer episodes, but I absolutely loved her with Ten in the Forest of the Dead story arc. Her love for him just radiated off of her, and I've always wondered how often 10.5 would think of her. After all, he'll never know who she was now. "Godspeed, River Song!" Love that line.

And finally: "And that's why her temperature's down! It's just the baby making itself comfy!" This was another personal favorite of mine. Don't ask me why, it's just so wonderfully adorable.

Anyway, this was brilliant through-and-through. Loved every word of it!
bikelock28 chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
this is quite possibly the most adorable story ever written in the history of the world! best bit is when he talks about his mum and wife and children (their names are genius)

excellent job :)
fhoiwrhfiuer chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Great fic! i wonder why it doesnt have that many reviews i adore it so much!
Captain Ryder chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Good story. It would be embarssing for Jackie, thinking back on her and the Doctors first meeting.
Winter Sapphire chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
I thought this was brilliant, absolutely fantastic and true to the characters. I like the creativity you showed with the Time Lord names and culture, and I appreciate the fact that you actually reflected the fact that this Doctor IS still part Time Lord, so therefore the child would be, too. And unique, alien pregnancy symptoms added realism to this (which is ironic, since the symptoms aren't realistic in the real world XD).

Great work! :) Good ol' Jackie, can always depend on her for a good slap to the face and a nice, long talking about the past.

-WS