Reviews for Watching
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
For the last year I have been playing catch up on my reviews and this story stung hard enogh to kick my lardy ass into action. Loved your take on post ELAC offering up a 3 POV that left a satisfying feeling in the guts, that Bobby would be always there for both boys, that Dean would see past his Dad's final warning and that Sam had 2 people who saw him for what he was - a young man hurting and adrift who needed his rock steady of an anchor of Dean to come back and keep him grounded. Loved it.
shmrck14 chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Great story! I love post ELAC fics and this one goes down as one of my favs. Its entirely possilbe your idea that John treated Sam differently goes beyond just the canon reasons Sam believed - not interested in hunting, wanted normal and safe.

I love Bobby! And the conversation between him and Dean, would easily fit in the current season and storyline "just be his brother." So Congrats!
Spense chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Lovely. I love the complexity of the relationships. And John's actions take on a whole new light. His pushing Dean's natural hunting tendencies and encouraging his 'life of the party' attitudes, as well as keeping Sam in the shadows. A screw-up instead of letting anybody look too close. All out of love and fear instead of anger and rejection.

Dean's fears, and Bobby's intituition and ability to 'push' were beautifully played out here. The desparation was well done. As well as the take on Bobby and John's falling out (well, falling out on John's part at least, :grins:).

Great story, beautifully written and another one to my favorites.
enviousxbeauty chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Aww the brothers... Bobby is always filled with great advice. Great job!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
What an original idea about why John apparently treated Sam the way he did!

I hope you're right about Bobby being there for the boys 'til the very end.

Thanks for sharing!
InSecret chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Okay. I'm just gonna be here revelling in the hurty comforty goodness of this for a while. LOL. Also, you automatically get points for Bobby as the voice of wisdom, and even though I'm more a Dean girl than a Sam girl, you really made me feel for him here. Lovely work. I don't know what you're worried about. *smiles*