Reviews for Wild ARMs
The Geordie Lass chapter 9 . 12/30/2014
Though you seem to have received a few rather harsh critiques, I found this very enjoyable, and I do hope you really do get back to it one day.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/4/2014
I think this is an interesting novelization, but I have two major complaints. The first one is about Cecilia. In neither version of the game (PS1 or ACF) does Cecilia outright lie about her identity (both
times she a dresses herself as Cecilia), nor does she talk in a corrective tone... this was technically her last day of being a "normal person", given the opportunity she would never have talked like that.

Jack can be written like Han Solo, but Cecilia is not Princess Leia. Cecilia has to make VERY difficult choices in this part of her life that don't have definite yes/no answers, like revealing sensitive information about herself she doesn't know but needs help from, and giving the Tear Drop away, this makes her less sympathetic and give Jack more of an excuse to be a jerk to her. That, and he calls her "Princess" in both versions, not C (although you get to change her name in the game, but in
either version I rarely if ever hear Cecilia being addressed as anything other than "Princess".

Next, this is a novelization, do you will do good to keep out how Tools work. We don't need to know
that Rudy's bombs are magic and the like... that's for the video game version. For comparison, Hearing about "Warp Crystals" in a Sci-Fi story, ... don't really make it a better story(not to mention since the Tear Drop is a "tool" in that game and only one person could use it... how could the Demon's use it?

Please do play the game (preferably both versions) before you write this.
That's Professor Hawke chapter 9 . 2/17/2011
This is a pretty good novelization. I do get the sense that it'd be a bit hard to follow everything without knowing the game well first, and I'm confused as to why you didn't actually write out the prologues (getting to know the characters on their own before tossing them in a blender might have helped things, not to mention providing opportunities to give some overviews on certain aspects of the Wild ARMs universe, like the declining harvests (Surf), the basics of magic (the Abbey), or the sorts of tricks and traps that Dream Chasers who explore ruins might face (Memory Temple).

Still, on the whole, it's sort of a nitpick. The characters are written well, and the game's scenario is adapted well for a more believable novel (it's tempting to write things exactly as they occur in the game, but sometimes the formula for a turn-based RPG makes certain concessions that wouldn't translate well into novel form).

I hope you continue this relatively soon, as I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it. And I truly hope it doesn't go the way of the dodo like some other good fanfics and novelizations I've read.
IvanSV chapter 4 . 11/8/2010
"Are you going to have cecilia and rudy get together?"

Dont this!

Cecilia & Rudy - are friends.

(But, I see in near the end of game - Calamity Jane is so simpatic to Rudy ;)
IvanSV chapter 9 . 11/5/2010
We waited more...
csd chapter 9 . 10/24/2010
thank you thank you thank you! I'm so glad you have updated! I don't how long you take to update as long you can complete this! You are an amazing writer! Are you going to have cecilia and rudy get together?
WildfireDreams chapter 9 . 9/26/2010
Awesome! Can't wait to read more!
Thug-4-Less chapter 9 . 9/26/2010
I found this chapter very bittersweet solely for the knowledge that you won't be posting again for a long while.

Your description of the old man and the Baskar could have been a tad more detailed but I don't feel it detracted too much from the chapter. Rudy, Jack, Cecilia, and Hanpan's group dynamic is still developing at a realistic pace.

You're doing an awesome job and I'll be looking forward to your next update no matter how long it takes.

Thanks for sharing.
Rangerskirt chapter 9 . 9/25/2010
I absolutely love the way you right Wild ARMs. Even if it's slowly please keep continueing.
Rimadanedhel chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Another great chapter I have had the pleasure of reading.

I am not any kind of grammer authority, so I can't review for you that way. But my biggest impression is this:

Your lack of descriptions really require someone to actually have played the game before truely enjoying your work. If you are ok with this, thats perfectly fine. But if you wanna make this a stand alone thing, some more detail for thoes out there who have never played the first game could be nice. Nothing too crazy, just enough to give a nice picture.

Also, I am male, and as such, greatly enjoy reading combat (at least thats why my female friends say I like combat). Don't be afraid to spend some time in a fight if it is important enough. Not every fight needs to be its own epic, but the huge emotional ones could have my nose to the page, I mean screen, hoping Jack isn't about to do something stupid.

These are just my opinions, which you can disregard as needed. Regardless of these, it is still a great piece of work that I will continue to read and enjoy.
csd chapter 8 . 8/1/2010
It's rockin' how you are updating this story! and I love how you are molding each of the characters! Please keep this up!
IvanSV chapter 8 . 7/29/2010
Senks, Kimmae, its great.

Im so glad to finde & read this.

We waite continue
Thug-4-Less chapter 8 . 7/27/2010
Hahah! Another great chapter! I'm glad you're sticking with it.

I definitely enjoyed the way you handled the illusion scenes. You could have made them long and drawn out but I felt the pacing was just right. I had to laugh at Jack's temper with the Guardians. What a D-bag he is! Just because he's all ashamed of himself. Tsk, tsk.

Thanks for writing, Kimmae!
WildfireDreams chapter 8 . 7/27/2010
Nice! Can't wait to read more _
Rangerskirt chapter 8 . 7/27/2010
I love your writing. This chapter was great and longer than I expected.

Good job, thanks for being such an awesome writer and I hope you update soon again!