Reviews for Waiting
DolphinPatronus22 chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
"Look," he said BRISKLY, "the truth is, you're running from Ron, and that's not a good sign, is it? I mean, isn't the person you love supposed to be the one you run to—and not the person you run from?"

I just have to say this, I love you and your writing is gorgeous.
Gr.
jrphpfan chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Again, Beautiful. You're a great writer. Your one chapter stories make me wish they kept going on to more chapters. Keep up the good work.
Fibinaci chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
I liked this very much. It's a nice departure from the stories where Harry is some emotional invalid who doesn't know his own heart or mind.

The only complaint I have is at the end, his extended bit to Neville("I think she's coming etc.") seemed a bit much for between boys, if he had just stopped at the "Never mind that," it would've sounded more like we boys talk, which is as monosyllabicly as possible.
MeowDamnation chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
loved it :)
Gandalf the Grey-Edelweiss chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
So CUTE!
Leah Phillips chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Hey I have to be honest with you, as I’m sure you would not want me to be any other way. I have to admit, I have literally, no idea, where this story was going. I’m sorry to say that, I mean, I know it’s H/Hr, but why the heck has Harry suddenly turned into an agony aunt in this story?

Harry, has you yourself so rightly pointed out, has never been deeply in touch with his emotions, choosing rather to lock himself away and deny himself even the most basic of common needs. “He does so in Deathly Hallows when he personally lies to Ron and chooses to deny his own feelings for Hermione in return for Ron’s happiness” so I find it extremely unrealistic that Harry would become Hermione’s personal agony aunt.

If this is set in Hogwarts, which I gather it is because you mentioned the school tie and the lake, Harry would still be an extremely introverted character, choosing rather to listen then advise. Harry didn’t even believe in himself during OotP for god sake, until Hermione convinced him to teach Dumbledore’s Army. So I don't believe he would have the confidence to advise a close friend on the intimate details of her relationship

Also, I don’t believe that Harry would have confided his feelings to Neville, I mean, Neville’s a sweet kid, but I just don’t think it fits with Harry’s introverted-ness, maybe Sirius.

I personally believe a more realistic scene, which I think that was what you were going for, wasn’t it? Would have been for Hermione to spill her guts out to Harry, Harry listening intently offering subtle words of comfort, not advising Hermione to break up, or make up with Ron, rather staying utterly neutral, until Hermione herself, slowly came to the conclusion of what is standing right beside her. But she doesn’t say anything, rather thinks about it while Harry walks away to fetch something to comfort her.

That’s just my opinion though.

Hope this helps.
Stellata chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
This was absolutely wonderful! Poor Harry; Hermione'll come 'round eventually...
cancel21 chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Nice, very subtle. Love endures time. You rock, vanillaparchment. I like your stories.
Background Music chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Bravo! yay! woho! *claps*
trongod chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
This may be the first story I've seen where Harry figured out he loved Hermione while Hermione is stuck on thinking of Harry as a friend. Coolness abounds.

Would love to see you expand on this if you would; think it would make a very good series of chapters.

As far as Ron is concerned, I started loathing him as I re read the books, a habit I have when a new book comes out in a series. The more I went back through them, the more I came to go from amusement to disgust, to contempt and then beyond. Harry and Hermione both have isolated childhoods prior to Hogwarts, so I can somewhat understand their staying with moRon, but only till the Goblet of Fire. After the constant betrayal in that, it would have been over had JKR been a writer and not a semi talented hack.

And too make sure your blood pressure stays up, I feel sure the last 3 books in the series were written by a committee of ghostwriters being paid by the hour.
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
AW!

This is such a beautiful fanfic, one of the most beautiful I've read in a while (and that's QUITE a few XD)!

Harry and Hermione have always been so causal, so REAL with each other; they only ever fight if it's something concerning Harry's well-being! *U* I mean, what other couple in the entire fandom can say that (maybe Remus/Tonks and Lily/Albus, but with kids? Nope!)? *U*

I loved the 'he's making you miserable, and I hate that.' line, as well as Hermione's 'I'm making him miserable'. It's so true, even if it is sad on Hermione's part!

Man, if Hermione didn't get it after all of that from Harry, perhaps she ISN'T the cleverest witch of the century! U I'm glad it showed her noticing in the end, though; they've always been so beautifully attuned to each other!

You are an AMAZING, SPECTACULARLY MAGNIFICENT author, and I could devour your work with no restraint, so please keep reading! U *U*

Ever-so sincerely signed,

Shizuku Tsukishima749 :D ;D :) ;)
Obversa chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
That was excellent - good writing, flow, and diction. You writing is short and concise, and right to the point, although Ron seems to have acted a bit more strangely then I would have expected.

Nice work!
pyroseyes chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Wow! That was beautiful. Tho I'm hoping for a sequel to this one shot?

Anyway. Loved it.

Looking forward more of your fics. :)
Weasley-Basher chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Awesome!

I hope there's a sequel?
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Loved it! Especially the line"maybe she'll finally look at what's standing beside her". I love it! I know I said that already, but this one is really, really good. Thanks for sharing.