Reviews for Words like Firecrackers
HeartlessNeoshadow chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
Wow. I mean, seriously, WOW!

You know what this reminded me of? This reminded me of Michael Jackson, in that he had a lot of media concerning his upcoming "This Is It" concert chain. He was very confident that he would be successful. In the end, he both was and wasn't. What I mean is that he died and his past efforts (his music) went on to become timeless, kind of like how the Shadow Fox's efforts have in this short.

I haven't read many shorts, but this is by far the best of the ones I have read. I wasn't expecting to read something that was emotionally provacative, but you surprised me. Congratulations!
pointytilly chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
I normally hate second person too, but this worked for me. It captures that excited newbie pilot feeling well, same with the crushing of hope...by the end I was too immersed in it to notice the "you" and such.

And the ending is fine, you just want "years pass" instead of past ;p. There's a couple other small errors like that I can try to re-find if you want, but they don't change that this is fun to read.

(I -almost- feel guilty for using Foxes as clubs in RPGs past. Almost.)
ITman496 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
._. I'm crying... that's so sad... I was praying that in the end, something would happen to get the shadow fox back, but it didn't... (
randomcat23 chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Well, jeeze, kudos on 2nd person. That's one thing I've never tried. I think it had a nice effect on the story, more personal or whatever.

As for the ending, I found it fitting, but, haha you seem to think other wise. Maybe a little rushed, but the story was short enough for something like that.

Anyway, nice work.