Reviews for A Hero's Vacation
Ashton Giertz chapter 6 . 4/4
wow, when i read how the vending machine was "sparking" back in chapter 2, I thought Megavolt would be in here somewhere. oh, well, still a great story
chill13 chapter 4 . 6/27/2011
This is great! I'm really enjoying it. Very anxious to see if our purple caped crusader and his sidekick can figure this out, especially in time to save Gosalyn!

It's such a great, quirky evil plot. I stink at coming up with those.
chill13 chapter 3 . 6/27/2011
Oh, wow. I was expecting one of these villians, but not the other. In retrospect I should have, though. After all there were two seperate things on that card. I love how you leave these hints for your readers. Makes them feel clever when they figure it out ahead of time.

What an ending! DW better break that promise.
chill13 chapter 2 . 6/27/2011
Water logo and long dark coat. Hmm wonder who that can be ;)

I really like your writing style. It's very crisp, giving enough information about the surroundings without sounding like a brochure. I can clearly picture everything that's happening. And everyone is perfectly in character from DW's lecturing to Gos's manipulation to Launchpad's gullibility. Really like it so far!
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 7 . 10/30/2010
If I had a better grasp of language, I would certainly compose an eloquent description of my opinion on this chapter. Since I do not: EPIC! SQUEE! This whole chapter is the best argument I've ever read to have Liquidator and Bushroot work together!

And the bit with the oficer seeing the supervillains - and Darkwing's return home - yes, I loved this chapter, why do you ask?
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 6 . 10/30/2010
Remember what I said earlier about how this feels like an episode? Yeah, I want this to be a lost episode or something like that now! It uses Liquidator AND Neptunia, both in character too! Seriously, I want this to actually BE in continuity!

Liquidator, though, that confidence is going to get them both captured, I just know it. I mean, SURE, they have the upper hand now...but next chapter... "Let's get dangerous".
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 5 . 10/30/2010
And now they know what happened to Gosalyn...so much for their hopes that she wasn't in trouble. And they know part of what we know. Heh...

Liquidator's just throwing the stuff away? That explains why the local wildlife was acting up. And that won't come back to bite the duo in the rear, I'm sure.

Really, you write like it was an episode. Which, of course, is awesome.
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 4 . 10/30/2010
Snap, they DID recognize her. Catching Liquidator and Bushroot won't be easy, since they've got a hostage. I have to say, though, Liquidator's rationale for going to the island is one that always makes me wonder - why DON'T the villains leave town and go somewhere without heroes? Ah well.

I normally don't like fics with Bushroot and Liquidator working together, namely because a lot of authors forget Bushroot really isn't a criminal mastermind - but you pull it off wonderfully.

I did like the scene with the officer - a lot of policemen end up in similar situations and they too get annoyed by it. Great to see that the whole thing gets Darkwing back in action! :D
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 3 . 10/30/2010
'Batduck and Robin'? Drake, we need to get you a better sense of taste! And, gotta say, whoever's responsible (coughatleastBushroot) is pretty competent.

And kids, this is why you avoid casinos on cruise ships - they're unlucky (Gosalyn's was just delayed...if Liquidator and Bushroot recognize her, she's screwed).
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
Wow; it didn't take long for a crime to be found on the trip. It's like they're trouble magnets.

Hmm...a hibiscus...a flowery smell that entrances people...I'm guessing Bushroot's moved? That, or another plant scientist.

And, again, you're good at writing everyone in character. This could almost be an episode :D
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
When I realized you had more stories, of course I decided to start reading as much as I could XD

Alas, poor Darkwing - even what he does is ignored by the city. I don't think we've ever actually seen DW go on vacation with the family... then again, I don't remember every episode of the series. Still, it's a nice idea.

Ten bucks says he won't keep that promise. Makes me wonder what crime he'll have to solve on that island.
Cheezey chapter 7 . 9/9/2010
That was a fun conclusion! I always hate seeing my favorite villains lose, but I knew it had to end that way and at least they got to put up a good fight first. You did a great job with Neptunia in this story, too. Her interactions with Darkwing were spot on and funny.

Also, Liquidator's lines were great and I loved the touch you put in at the end with DW coming back to have to rescue Gizmoduck - that would so be the icing on the cake for him. All in all, well done and a great story. Loved it!
Maran Zelde chapter 7 . 9/6/2010
Why was Neptunia mad at DW for splashing her? She’s a fish!

Liquidator had some funny lines, like “what in the name of all stock markets do you think you’re doing?” It makes me want to re-watch the episodes he’s in.
Irual chapter 7 . 9/6/2010
Hi, this was a really well written chapter with exciting action and a well paced plot.

great characterisation and dialog too. I am really glad that I faved this and I have enjoyed rereading this very much.

seeing Darkwing as a competent crime fighter and egotistitical Mallard as well as a devoted parent all in the same story is a real treat.

great great job and this is a real pleasure and I really could see this whole chapter happening as I read it

thanks SO MCH for this

your friend and fan Irual
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 7 . 9/1/2010
Excellent work on the battle scene. Nice ending here.

Keep the good writing.