Reviews for Almost Human
Erickson chapter 5 . 5/27
Shame that you ended this story here. There are few stories here that are well written, especially those that focus on Natsu and have wonderful characterization for everyone involved. I do hope that you'll one day continue this.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/25/2014
please don't quit writing, days by days, weeks by weeks, months by months, and even year, im waiting for anothe chapter, but nothing happen.

so I wrote this to you with a hope you will finish this story

someone
Ultimateblack chapter 5 . 3/28/2014
Very nice story. I just wish you'd finish the story, you know. It's sad to see such a good story get discontinued... Hope you can continue soon
MeloDenesa chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Natsu e no Tobira is really nice. i wonder why ur story isnt that popular.
MeloDenesa chapter 4 . 12/16/2010
So what is Nat-chan now exactly? Why aren't you updating this story? Pls update soon! and also pls reply to this message to show that you have actually read it. Please?
Talia Iyami chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
is this a sequel to another story? can you please give me the title? im a little confused...
The Two-One-Five chapter 4 . 6/27/2010
Well, the plot with Natsu realizing that she has feelings for Daisuke is adding to the ordeal of whether she is human or digimon- or, perhaps, even some sort of weird mixture. Myself, I am leaning towards the group of whatever Gennai is. Though with her desire for a family and someone to be with I’m going for human.

I really like Daisuke’s development here; by trying to prove to others something he is not yet ready to do he is- which did happen in the show. His acceptance that life alone is not easy was a good step in the right direction.

Though what I’m a bit worried here is how quick Natsuko decided that she would adopt Natsu, even though she has only known her for about a day- it just seemed to develop way too quick. Still, it will be interesting to see Daisuke’s reaction to this and Koushiro’s explanation. Hope you update soon.
The Two-One-Five chapter 2 . 6/24/2010
Well, this story is looking interesting so far.

However, one of the things I'm a bit bothered is Daisuke going to Jyou as a doctor, even though Jyou, assuming that Daisuke is 17/18 since he recently graduated High School- putting Jyou somwhere in the early 20's- would probably barely be getting into Med School. Perhaps it would have been better if Daisuke had visited him at school or something.

Overall, though, it'll continue reading this to see just what the deal is with Natsu.
Dark Qiviut chapter 4 . 4/24/2010
Really lovely work, Benign. So alive was this chapter. Rich in characterization and interaction. There's a lot of depth within just a few thousand words of text here. From Natsu learning how to play basketball to Davis and Veemon conversing.

Your fic is getting even more depth, and the character development for Natsu continues to climb into tremendous waters.

And I love the ending of the chapter. It's very open and makes me want to look forward to the next chapter.

Keep it up, Benign!
Grey vs Ale chapter 4 . 4/22/2010
I'm glad Davis is going home and that Vmon and him are friends again.
Aster Selene chapter 4 . 4/21/2010
YOU'RE ALIVE!

-glomp-

Ah, another insightful chapter into the existence of Natsu. She is definitely, at this point, more human than Digimon, and the question must come to as whether she should be treated as such. But now she's living with the Takaishi family...interesting...
Dark Qiviut chapter 3 . 3/6/2010
I really like this story. What makes this story interesting is how you're tying Natsu's "rebirth" into the rest of the crew. How you're making Natsu experience herself with the others, children, Veemon, and parents.

The small monologues midway break the flow, but in a great way. Like a flashback, a way to experience Natsu's deep thoughts. The randomness makes me want to keep on reading and look forward to her next chapter/adventure.

Love the foreshadowing, and great use of voice.

I also love how you characterize Natsu. Naïve and curious like a newborn. Nice attention to the little details of her emotions and the way the others converse that let her react to things, like T.K.'s "mother" comment at the end here.

Fantastic writing the conversation between Mimi and Davis here. It felt and sounded a lot like them, but in a more "evolved" way. As if trying to grow up with every syllable...especially on Davis's behalf regarding his complacency with Natsu and Veemon feeling "left out."

I like this story, its hierarchy, and the way you format it with the third-person perspective and monologues. I await more. :)
Grey vs Ale chapter 3 . 2/16/2010
Nice story! Natsu is a good person hopefully she gains her memories. Poor V-mon that has to suck your best friend always away. I think we all know how that feels.
Circeus chapter 3 . 2/15/2010
I'm a bit ambiguous about this. It's fascinating, but typically, angsty stuff is not my favorite genre. One thing I want to comment is that I don't really think you should read to much into "ko". It was an extremely common ending for female name in Natsuko's generation, and just like people don't necessarily associate family name like "miller" or "taylor" with their literal meanings, I don't think you should read that much into it.
Aster Selene chapter 2 . 9/13/2009
Dja!

You never tell me when it's multichapter!

So Natsu is becoming human, I see. I never really got Natsu, or the "fireflies", or the fact that she could shift between two forms.

And Wallace still hasn't found Chocomon's egg yet!